Forums

Topic: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Posts 1,261 to 1,280 of 2,142

WiiWareWave

@Grumblevolcano @ChameleonBros @MarioLover92 @PikaPhantom Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Maintenance is happening over the next few days. It looks like an announcement for wave 2 of the Booster Course Pack might be incoming! 😎

My source is Nintendo Everything btw. I don't know if links are allowed, if a mod says it's okay I'll post a link to the article here!

https://nintendoeverything.com/nintendo-maintenance-schedule-...

Edited on by WiiWareWave

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

PSN ID: Rukiafan7
NNID: Rukiafan7
Switch FC: SW-6328-7327-5891 ~WiiWareWav~

Switch Friend Code: SW-6328-7327-5891 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiafan7 | Twitter:

WoomyNNYes

@TowaHerschel7 You can post links to articles from other sites. That's ok.

What we can't do: We can't post links to sell things, or links to emulators, rom sites.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

StarPoint

Here's a link: https://nintendoeverything.com/nintendo-maintenance-schedule-...

Yep, an announcement seems pretty imminent. I could expect a Direct this week or perhaps the one after. The maintenance is taking place on June 7. Unless they end up skipping a June Direct for some reason and just shadow drop a trailer.

Edited on by StarPoint

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC)

MarioVillager92

@TowaHerschel7 Thanks for giving us a heads up! I hope so...it couldn't be a more perfect time to announce the wave 2 courses.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Grumblevolcano

It's not on the normal maintenance page:

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/netinfo/en_GB/index.html

Which makes it very likely to be the release timing for the wave 2 DLC, general Directs have at least 24 hours notice (usually 32) so shadow drop trailer of just the DLC seems the most likely reveal method.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Grumblevolcano

@TowaHerschel7 Judging by the maintenance and Nintendo's usual announcement approach I'd guess announcement within the next 2 hours (sometimes stuff is announced at 2pm UK time, sometimes it's at 3pm UK time) and then the DLC goes live during the maintenance period.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

PikaPhantom

I honestly think it's nothing. It'll probably get announced in a Direct soon and then released in, like, July. Doesn't seem like the kind of thing they'd shadowdrop unless they weren't doing a Direct, which...this isn't 2020, where Directs were already weird. Plus, they only just started going through Wave 1 on the Switch news service, so while I can see overlap with Wave 2 being unveiled, I doubt they're going to drop the DLC now because of that

Edited on by PikaPhantom

PikaPhantom

Fizza

I know there's a 99% chance that the next wave of Booster Course Pass DLC isn't shadow dropped tomorrow..... BUT I WANT TO BELIEVE DAMNIT.

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Yoshi's Story (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

MarioVillager92

@TowaHerschel7 Huh, all right. Since MK8D isn't mentioned anywhere on Nintendo's own maintenance page, I'd do what I normally do and wait for them to officially announce the next direct or something. I'm a pretty patient guy when it comes to stuff like that.

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

Fizza

Right, I'm off to bed. If I wake up to a trailer for the next wave of the DLC, I'll be a very happy bunny.

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Yoshi's Story (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

MarioVillager92

Here's the same network maintenance page on Nintendo's US site. Looks like it's already happening and it'll be done in an hour and a half from now.

@Fizza Sweet dreams. That would be a great thing to wake up to!

Edit: Come to think of it, it might just be for the game's servers. Not gonna get my hopes up too high.

Edited on by MarioVillager92

WiiWareWave

@MarioLover92 @Fizza @Grumblevolcano What're the odds of a shadow-drop in your opinions? My logical side says less than a 5% chance, but since Nintendo can be quite illogical at times, it gives me hope that I wouldn't have if it was any other company aside from Nintendo. 😂

Edited on by WiiWareWave

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

PSN ID: Rukiafan7
NNID: Rukiafan7
Switch FC: SW-6328-7327-5891 ~WiiWareWav~

Switch Friend Code: SW-6328-7327-5891 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiafan7 | Twitter:

MarioVillager92

@TowaHerschel7 Well Nintendo seems to be back to making directs so while it could technically happen, I'd imagine they'd put it in the next direct. I don't think they've done shadow drops since 2020, and even then, it was a few game announcements I believe. That's purely my guess - anything can happen.

StarPoint

@TowaHerschel7 I find a shadow drop to be very unlikely, mostly due to the fact that Nintendo hasn't really done many of them recently. The DLC seems to be an important enough deal for them to warrant a Direct announcement. However, if Nintendo just completely decides to skip a June/ July Direct, then a shadow drop is to be expected.

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC)

MarioVillager92

@TowaHerschel7 Looks like MK8D's maintenance is done already.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic