Forums

Topic: Super Mario 3D All-Stars

Posts 3,161 to 3,180 of 3,193

jump

@Ninfan Not really, it's pretty much the same game.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Oswinner

Really disappointed when Galaxy ended after only 60 stars. Felt way too soon. I’m not one for collecting stars after I’ve completed the game either, as what’s the point? Peach is saved.

However, I’ve been pondering whether to get all stars in all the games. Finished 64 with 70, sunshine with 67 and Galaxy with 60.

Started playing through 64 and got up to 88 stars but I just find it too hard to find the motivation to get all 120. Think I’ll aim for 100 stars in each game and call it a day. Then on to Odyssey (unless Galaxy 2 gets ported over to Switch beforehand - not getting it on the Wii, the motion controls annoy me).

Edited on by Oswinner

Oswinner

jump

@Oswinner There's an extra ending in Galaxy if you get all the stars. To be honest I never think to myslef I have to save Peach when I'm playing the game, it's more about the fun of the game itself than the mission to save the princess.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Balta666

@Oswinner if you go for rewards sake there is not much incentive but if you enjoy the challenge it is totally worth it to go all the way.
Also from Galaxy forward you need to finish the game and all stars to get acess to the harder challenges

Edited on by Balta666

Balta666

Anti-Matter

Ninfan wrote:

Is there much difference between the original super mario sunshine and the sunshine in mario 3d all stars ? , i mean is there any new gameplay in it ?

The graphic (16:9 for Switch), now in HD, the FLUDD control schemes.

Top 8 Konami's Rhythm games:
1. Dance Dance Revolution
2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Clyde_Radcliffe

Anti-Matter wrote:

Ninfan wrote:

Is there much difference between the original super mario sunshine and the sunshine in mario 3d all stars ? , i mean is there any new gameplay in it ?

The graphic (16:9 for Switch), now in HD, the FLUDD control schemes.

And the camera can now be inverted or non-inverted.

Clyde_Radcliffe

Dezzy

Oswinner wrote:

Really disappointed when Galaxy ended after only 60 stars. Felt way too soon. I’m not one for collecting stars after I’ve completed the game either, as what’s the point? Peach is saved.

In story-focused games, I would totally share your annoyance. I hate continuing the play after the final credits have rolled. Totally breaks the immersion.

But Mario has never been about story. Who really cares that they stupidly decided to gate some of the content behind the final boss?

Galaxy is so good that you shouldn't miss the other 60 stars!

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

TheJGG

@Dezzy Super Mario 3D Land was strange in that the game size doubled after you officially beat the game. It was fun to revisit old levels with a harder coat of paint.

"I'm not crazy, my reality is just different than yours." - Cheshire Cat.

If you'd like to add me on Switch, tag me first!

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114 | My Nintendo: TheJGG

Green_Shyguy

The idea of skipping half the levels in a 3D Mario game just because the credits have rolled is so alien to me. Collecting as many stars as I can is the point of the game for me, with the story as a complete afterthought.

I've been replaying Sunshine and enjoying it more than expected. It does feel a bit less polished than Mario games usually are but Mario + Fludd is still a lot of fun to control. I'm using video guides for the blue coins though..

Green_Shyguy

Clyde_Radcliffe

Oswinner wrote:

Started playing through 64 and got up to 88 stars but I just find it too hard to find the motivation to get all 120. Think I’ll aim for 100 stars in each game and call it a day. Then on to Odyssey (unless Galaxy 2 gets ported over to Switch beforehand - not getting it on the Wii, the motion controls annoy me).

Are you playing through all the Mario platformers on Switch?

That's what I did for the Year of Mario. After playing through the classic 2D games, New Super Luigi U, Mario Maker 2 story mode and each of the 3D All-Stars games, I am currently on Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury. After completing both of them I'll also be playing through Mario Odyssey properly for the first time. Very excited about that!

The only game I didn't complete and won't be is New Super Mario Bros U as I found it very boring and uninspiring, but I did like the faster paced Luigi version!

Edited on by Clyde_Radcliffe

Clyde_Radcliffe

Oswinner

Clyde_Radcliffe wrote:

Oswinner wrote:

Are you playing through all the Mario platformers on Switch?

That's what I did for the Year of Mario. After playing through the classic 2D games, New Super Luigi U, Mario Maker 2 story mode and each of the 3D All-Stars games, I am currently on Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury. After completing both of them I'll also be playing through Mario Odyssey properly for the first time. Very excited about that!

The only game I didn't complete and won't be is New Super Mario Bros U as I found it very boring and uninspiring, but I did like the faster paced Luigi version!

Yeah. I got Mario Maker 2 a few weeks ago and hadn’t really played Mario 2Ds before so I’ve also been going through all the All-Stars games before getting to Super World.

Decided to play through DKC series as well so that’s slowing my progress but I’ve done this so far;

Mario Bros: Completed default mode where when you get game over you go back to start of the world you are on. I want to complete it without a game over and without using warp pipes. Best I have got to is world 7-1. 10/10 game for me. Truly amazing game. My Mario Maker Super World I’ve created is Mario Bros game style.

Mario Bros Lost Levels: Up to world 5-1. Good advanced difficulty game of the first game, feels like Master Mode DLC for it. A little bit too much trolling in places though. 8/10.

Mario Bros 2: Had a little go. Not sure I like the feel of this one. May go straight to Mario Bros 3 after completing the lost levels and come back to this one later.

Mario Bros 3: Had a little go. Think I’ll like this one. Got to world 2 but saving the rest for when I complete Lost Levels.

Super Mario World: Had a little go. Not played it enough but it gets rave reviews so it must be good. Will complete after Mario 3.

Mario 64, Sunshine and Galaxy completed, as in I beat Bowser and rescued Peach. Will go back and collect 100 stars as the games felt too short/easy on 60-70 stars. I do not think I’ll bother with all 120 though. All good games in their own rights. Really looking forward to Odyssey as I prefer sandbox Mario for the 3D games. Will also have to get 3D World + Bowsers Fury.

Oswinner

jump

I've noticed Amazon are taking the mickey and have bumped up the price of the game over the RRP now that it's not to be sold.

Nicolai wrote:

Snatcher

@jump Man its really gone mario is dead and now this?

A sky with stars so bright the colors feel so right I nev, Uh I mean. I'm a Among us plus sonic fan. I have also been playing a unheathy amount of MHR (Don't try to stop me)

Clyde_Radcliffe

jump wrote:

I've noticed Amazon are taking the mickey and have bumped up the price of the game over the RRP now that it's not to be sold.

£51.99, wow... it's still available at Argos at the normal price.

Clyde_Radcliffe

WoomyNNYes

Are continues limited in Mario Galaxy?

I was playing with my nieces, and I was worried about possibly needing to start over. I just don't know if there's a limit on continues

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Science liker
Extreme bicycle rider
Playing: Rocket League, other stuff

FroZtedFlakerZz

@WoomyNNYes No, you can die all you want haha

Games I'm playing right now:
Zelda BotW - Switch
ACNH - Switch
Smash Bros. Ultimate - Switch
Hyrule Warriors AoC - Switch
The Legend Of Zelda - Nintendo Online

Clyde_Radcliffe

jump wrote:

Really...

Untitled

Edited on by Clyde_Radcliffe

Clyde_Radcliffe

jump

@Clyde_Radcliffe I might create a fake account to buy it but then don't pay for it.

Nicolai wrote:

urrutiap

i was at a Walmart store earlier an hour ago and they still have plenty of Mario 3D All Stars in stock in the Nintendo Switch games cabinet.

Theyre still there so theyre not going out of print or going extinct or whatever

urrutiap

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic