Forums

Topic: Super Mario 3D All-Stars

Posts 2,621 to 2,640 of 3,125

veeflames

@Ralizah It does, but only in certain locations and it's not a fluid adjustment. Rather, in situations where it is allowed such as in Beach Bowl Galaxy, you can tilt the R-stick and move the camera at 45 degree (or so) increments. If you really need it, you can also tilt the R-stick up and enter a first-person view and see what's in front of you as well.

But yes, the camera is always well positioned and there's rarely a need to adjust it (and I say this as someone who keeps on fumbling with the R-stick to try and just very slightly change the camera angle haha). It's basically a more refined version of 64's camera system.

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

Bolt_Strike

I love how people used to trash on Sunshine's camera system when 64 and Galaxy's were so much worse. Now that the three games are side by side, 64 and Galaxy's camera issues are completely exposed. I was never bothered by Sunshine's camera getting caught on surfaces anywhere near as much as 64 and Galaxy's being so utterly limited.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

kkslider5552000

I think Sunshine's camera is better in certain points but when it doesn't work its kind of a disaster.

That arguably sums up that entire game tbh.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

MPSSislit

kkslider5552000 wrote:

RR529 wrote:

Up to 65 Stars in 64. I never beat it as a kid, so it's so surreal to be so close to unlocking the final Bowser level.

Man, I just realized. They could've had it so you needed 64 stars to get to the final level!

Why didn't they do that? It would've been perfect!

@kkslider5552000
Sorry for the late response to your earlier post, I was busy so I wasn't able to response to it sooner.
Haha, that's a good point. I wonder why they didn't think of that. Technically, you could have beat the game at 50 stars using a "certain glitch" once you got to the Endless Staircase. That's I did when I played SM64 on the Wii and Wii U VC.

You also have a good point with Sunshine's camera summary.

Edited on by MPSSislit

Please give Ninjala a chance, guys. 🤔
As @Sunsy said,
Ninjala Gang FOR LIFE!
Also, if I don't respond to your post within a day (or two), don't worry, I'm not ignoring you. I'm going to be busy, though I will do my best to respond in a timely fashion.

Eel

The Sunshine camera loves getting stuck in walls, like in Sonic Adventure.

It's a blast from the past.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

porto

I do have that problem quite a bit. But still better then the janky way of having to continually push the joystick instead of just turning it once.

porto

Switch Friend Code: SW-2940-3286-4610 | My Nintendo: Pikmin4 | Twitter:

Lindhardt

I never felt like Galaxy camera's restricted movement was a problem, because of how linear the game is. The only game I have a problem with camera-wise is 64, bet even then it is pretty functional.

Favorite Games:
1. Super Mario Galaxy
2. Portal 2
3. Hollow Knight
4. Fallout 4
5. Persona 4: Golden

Zeldafan79

Yeah Mario 64's camera is infuriating. Case in point the star on top of big boos haunt. Try getting that one without fighting with the camera. As for Sunshine and galaxy i honestly never had much problems with those.

You wanna see a horrible camera? Anyone played Epic Mickey? Even Mario 64's ain't that bad.

Edited on by Zeldafan79

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" Optimus Prime

Zeldafan79

@status-204
Yes i was aware of that. The camera modes shouldn't have to be switched constantly to get a good view. No matter which mode you're using to get on top of big boos haunt it's still annoying. Tick tock clocks rotating wedges near the top are also particularly difficult to navigate due to this. You try rotating and it's all buzz, buzz, buzz, Error! Error!😒

Banjo-

Zeldafan79 wrote:

You wanna see a horrible camera? Anyone played Epic Mickey?

Epic Mickey has the worst camera I've seen in a 3D game ever even though Warren Spector loves to defend it. It works the opposite way it should work from start to end to the point of making 2D sections a relief.

Banjo-

Zeldafan79

@BlueOcean
Yeah the funny thing is Epic mickey came out two whole generations after N64 and still the camera might as we have come from the early 3D era. I'm still bewildered by that one.

Banjo-

@Zeldafan79 Super Mario 64 camera is a million times better and it was one of the first real 3D games!

Banjo-

Octane

Mario Galaxy is essentially Mario 64's camera in terms of functionality, but it's less broken and has a better AI system that positions the camera in favourable positions.

Octane

porto

I hate to agree with this youtuber but he brings up some valid points.

porto

Switch Friend Code: SW-2940-3286-4610 | My Nintendo: Pikmin4 | Twitter:

Octane

Can't say I disagree...

Octane

Heavyarms55

Just started Galaxy on here and boy, I thought Mario 64 looked good but Galaxy is gorgeous! I don't understand how people were so unhappy with these ports. I had a blast with 64 and Galaxy is shaping up very nicely!

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

1UP_MARIO

@App enjoyed the video. Great points. Thanks

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

I-U

After 18 years, I have finally completed Super Mario Sunshine 100%. I was convinced that the last missing blue coin was from a Shine Sprite print in the sand near the Sand Cabana in Gelato Beach. It wasn't appearing there though, so I ended up thinking I had a bug and started a new file grabbing that blue coin first. I ended up going back to my first file earlier today to take some screenshots of Mecha-Bowser and Gooper Blooper for an Instagram post. While there I decided to double check Gelato Beach and it turned out that I had been missing the blue coin from eating the bees with Yoshi. I was so relieved.

Now that I'm done with Sunshine and have beaten Super Mario 64, I think it's time to hop into Super Mario Galaxy and see how it is on Switch. I haven't played the original in a few years I believe, so Galaxy should feel fresh. I need to clean up my media storage though first as I'm sure I'll be taking plenty of screenshots of Galaxy as I have with 64 and Sunshine.

Edited on by I-U

"The secret to ultimate power lies in the Alimbic Cluster."

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic