Forums

Topic: Super Mario 3D All-Stars

Posts 1,621 to 1,640 of 3,125

MarioVillager92

@WoomyNNYes Not really. You could use it, but it'll be recognized as a Pro Controller.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Octane

Dive is NOT B anymore? What are they thinking? Button remapping should be a standard feature if you're going to give us different controls.

Octane

Banjo-

@MarioLover92 That's a good idea, my friend. I wish that they had also added button mapping, it's really ridiculous that they haven't. Many people would have preferred different control layouts, inverted controls and GameCube controller support. I would have preferred using ZL and ZR for FLUDD. I know I can probably change that on the console's settings but still, annoying.

Edited on by Banjo-

Banjo-

Sunsy

Checking Amazon, my copy has shipped and should be here in about a week. On top of that, while I was out, I went to Target, and bought another copy. Planning to surprise my nephew with it, especially since he likes Mario and never had a chance to play these classics.

I had no problem walking into a store and buying it. The person at Target said they had a lot of copies, though they had it behind the tech counter. Anyone else having luck simply walking in and buying a copy?

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Octane

@BlueOcean Sunshine button remapping 101:
B > Y
Y > right stick click
right stick click > B

If only you could invert the camera...

It's borderline unplayable the way they set it up. Why are there two jump buttons? Why is dive set on Y? And why is the camera mode on the right click? I nearly died during the Petey Piranha fight...

Octane

megasean

@Octane I have not tried Sunshine and am not totally aware how they have it, but I think sometimes the reason that B and A are used as jump buttons on modern controllers is because you can choose whether you want to place your thumb over Y/B or X/A. Either way, you always have a jump button at the ready.

FWIW, what was great with the Gamecube controller was that the A button was so big and central that jump was always accessible no matter what secondary button you were also trying to access.

Edited on by megasean

3DS: 0834-4562-2419
Wii U/Switch: seandizz

Nintendo Network ID: seandizz

megasean

Having a BLAST with Mario 64. I grew up with the game and liked it at the time, though I didn't necessarily love it the way I do Galaxy. But it's awesome. The game controls great, with understandable wonkiness to the camera. It's not quite as tight as Galaxy/Odyssey/3D World, but I would never expect it to be. It's amazing how well it still controls for a 24-year-old game. I've enjoyed the size of the worlds so far, the mission-based structure that allows for some freedom to discover other stars, and the charm of the characters. I think the game looks great docked or on handheld. Rumble is a surprisingly nice enhancement too. (I only ever owned the original release.)

Edited on by megasean

3DS: 0834-4562-2419
Wii U/Switch: seandizz

Nintendo Network ID: seandizz

porto

I couldn’t take it. I took a half day today. I’m going to regret this later on...

So far I’ve tried 64. The controls were even worse then I remember. Maybe because I’m used to jumping with A instead of B.

Edit: I guess I can jump with A after all. That’ll make things a lot easier

I’m trying Galaxy as soon as I beat the first Bowser fight.

Edited on by porto

porto

Switch Friend Code: SW-2940-3286-4610 | My Nintendo: Pikmin4 | Twitter:

Snatcher

@Apportal Man I have never played any of them I cant wait my order is coming later today cant wait!

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

BabyYoda71

@Losermagnet Yeah, it’s technically my first time. I did play the DS remake for a few minutes once, but never got very far. It’s very fun! It’s a little easy, but still fun.

Heigh Ho Heigh Ho. It’s off to work (from home) I go.

Henmii

I have got it today. I tried Mario64 briefly and checked if the softlock bug is there (before I downloaded the update), and luckily I can tell you guys that's not the case. It works fine!

Henmii

MarioVillager92

It has finally arrived!

Untitled

I went ahead and registered it so hopefully I'll get those pins, too.

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

Losermagnet

@BabyYoshi12 Super Mario 64 is a really easy game to finish because you need so few stars, and you have a lot of freedom in how you get them. I've always had a hard time 100%-ing it though. The difficulty ramps up about halfway through. Come to think of it I don't think I've ever completed it 100%.

Glad to hear you like it. I didnt think Nintendo was actually gonna release 3D All Stars and that it happened (and was released quickly) is something great. At the risk of sounding wishy washy, 2020 is a difficult year for everybody so having this time capsule takes me back to when things were just easier.

Switch friend code: SW-2223-7827-8798
Give me a heads-up if you're going to send a request please.

jump

@MarioLover92 can you get those outside of America? I really like them but I’m UK based.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

1UP_MARIO

jump wrote:

@MarioLover92 can you get those outside of America? I really like them but I’m UK based.

I want them too 😢

Edited on by 1UP_MARIO

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

MarioVillager92

@jump I think the pins are for the US and Canada only.

Atomic77

Just went the Digital route on this game and bought it today. I think its pretty uber.

Atomic77
Nintendo Switch OLED Pokémon Scarlet and Violet Edition Gamer

Snatcher

@MarioLover92 I cant get into mario kart tour I just keep getting the error code 805 Its ok if I cant get the pins, my order is coming later today.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic