Forums

Topic: Super Mario 3D All-Stars

Posts 1,601 to 1,620 of 3,125

1UP_MARIO

Played around a bit with Mario 64. I have the same problem I had with the virtual console versions of the game on Wii/U.

Mario 64 doesn’t have bad controls. It’s just it’s best played with a n64 controller.
It’s harder to control Marios speed because with the Wii/wiiU/switch controllers analogue stick when you move around, Marios always at full speed making him feel slippery.
Game still looks sharp and amazing.

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

1UP_MARIO

@BabyYoshi12 you save when you get a star

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Losermagnet

@BabyYoshi12 it asks to save after every star collected. I believe this is the only way it saves data in 64.

Switch friend code: SW-2223-7827-8798
Give me a heads-up if you're going to send a request please.

Octane

Stars are the only real progress you can make anyway, so that makes sense.

Octane

Banjo-

Octane wrote:

Stars are the only real progress you can make anyway, so that makes sense.

There is also high score for coins. When players get more coins in a level, they want to save their score by collecting a star. People that have never played Super Mario 64 don't know that they can also get a star by collecting 100 coins. What I do is I get 100 coins, get the star and keep collecting as many coins as I can and then collect another star to save the score.

Edited on by Banjo-

Banjo-

porto

Today’s been one of the longest days of my life

I was tempted to bring my switch to work and risk losing my job. I didn’t do it, but that’s just how excited I am.

porto

Switch Friend Code: SW-2940-3286-4610 | My Nintendo: Pikmin4 | Twitter:

MarioBrickLayer

well it's approaching 16:30 and my Royal Mail delivery by 15:00 hasn't happened yet, I was hoping to get a few hours in tonight, not sure that's going to happen now.

MarioBrickLayer

link3710

Well my copy got delivered... after I got an email telling me my order was cancelled. shrugs

Edited on by link3710

link3710

jump

@link3710 does that mean it's a free game?

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Losermagnet

@BabyYoshi12 You said this would be your first time playing 64, I'm curious what your thoughts on it are. Are you enjoying it so far?

Switch friend code: SW-2223-7827-8798
Give me a heads-up if you're going to send a request please.

Dezzy

Galaxy looks incredible if you play it in handheld. The smaller screen conceals some of the parts that lack texture detail.

Unfortunately using the star pointer with the touchscreen is completely annoying, and that works far better in full screen mode using the gyroscope. They really should've included a way of using the gyroscope in handheld mode. I guess the worry was that if you have to tilt it too much, you can't see the screen.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

MarioBrickLayer

It's arrived!!!!!! The postie who walked past my house 4 hours ago, just came back and dropped it off, that's my evening sorted!

MarioBrickLayer

link3710

@jump It seems so? I haven't checked yet if they actually refunded me but... w/e, this preorder situation has been such a mess.

link3710

Eel

My copy still says it’ll be delivered today. The still haven’t shipped it... But at least they finally took the money, which is something.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Octane

I'm playing Sunshine, and I've noticed that in the tutorial FLUDD mentions the buttons. When he says you can use R to refill, the text says "R or ZR". It's kinda funny, they haven't changed the dialogue, but they changed the subtitles.

Octane

MarioVillager92

My copy's out for delivery now!

@Dezzy Yeah, I don't think I would be comfortable with playing it in handheld mode, because of the touch screen thing. Really wish they had an alternate method, like holding down an unused button and using the left analog stick to move around the pointer.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Octane

Okay I'm NOT a fan of the new controls. Splitting it between Z and ZR doesn't feel good. And I really dislike that they've taken out the inverted controls.

Octane

Eel

@MarioBrickLayer Nope. And I have no idea who will they send it with. The two companies they usually work with here, DHL and FedEx have, in my experience, never delivered anything to me in less than 3 days.

With DHL if I’m lucky things will get to the next town over in a day, and it’ll be stuck there for like two days. And FedEx is a mess, I have no idea how their logistics work in my country.

But well, they about 10 hours! Let’s see them try to speed-run this.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

WoomyNNYes

So, can we use a gamecube controller with Sunshine on 3D All-Stars?
Sorry if this has been asnwered elsewhere.

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic