Forums

Topic: «Super nintendo switch pro» 1440p, ps4+ power (Rumor)

Posts 1 to 20 of 26

DAHstroy

this is definitely interesting for sure, I wonder if these "pro" rumors may just be about the Switch 2

DAHstroy

Magician

I'd be shocked if the rumored Switch Pro reached even a base PS4 in memory bandwidth (176 GB/s). Expecting more than that would be....bananas. I think a new, custom SoC that offers just over 100 GB/s of memory bandwidth, versus the current Switch's 25 GB/s, isn't unreasonable. By comparison, several of the most recent gaming laptops still don't offer 1080p portable gaming, never mind this 1440p rumor.

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,241 games (as of March 23rd, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

dionysos283

Tbh, this rumor sounds almost too good to be true. It's very un-Nintendo to bring out a console with cutting edge technology, that costs $400+ (which it definitely will). And then there's the question of how they will continue to support the old Switch. Do developers now have to make four different version of their games (2x handheld / 2x docked)? Lots of open questions. But I'm definitely intrigued by the idea of a 4k-Switch.

dionysos283

ThanosReXXX

Complete BS. Take it with an entire truck convoy's load worth of salt...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

WoomyNNYes

I don't want to buy another console, and I'm tired of missing out on modern games because of under powered Nintendo consoles. So, a Switch with PS4 power would be a slam dunk for me. If it's true, it makes me wonder if it will be TV-only. That's a lot of power to squeeze into a handheld, no?

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

dionysos283

@WoomyNNYes
I think you have a point here. Maybe it will be docked only.

dionysos283

dionysos283

And maybe the current Switch will slowly become the handheld console with the less impressive graphics, until at some point both systems get completely different games, like it was in the pre-Switch era.

dionysos283

WoomyNNYes

@dionysos283 One of the reasons to combine TV & handheld consoles was so Nintendo could focus all it's game dev resources on one console, rather than two. So, I don't know what to think.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Artonide

But thats ryzen. The tech they are talking about is NVIDIAs ? And the resolution 1440p is Upscaled with AI tech, if i understood correct. It may upscale as far as 4K. So it seems plausibel, but im not a tech guy. The new switch MH rise is already 500 dollars here, so wouldnt be suprised if nintendo released a switch pro with a stronger chip that uses NVIDIAs dlss thingy that makes it abit stronger than ps4 and makes it possible to upscale to 1440p, At a price around 450-550. @Magician

Edited on by Artonide

SW-4796-1687-6967
Play mostly everything. 😊

ThanosReXXX

@WoomyNNYes Think what sounds more logical: Nintendo's CEO just publicly announced that they want to squeeze at least 4 or 5 more years out of the current Switch model. And before that, they already denounced these "Switch Pro" rumors multiple times. It would also massively disadvantage their current market of existing owners, seeing as you'd get a situation where all the new games would not be supported anymore on the original model, basically rendering it useless, creating a hell of a lot of angry OG Switch and Switch Lite users.

Long story short: this is complete and utter BS. At some point, Nintendo will obviously come with a newer console or system, but it will not be a Switch, but something entirely new once again, as they always do. It's their standard way of doing these things. The only mistake they ever made in that regard, was creating the Wii U, which was basically more of a side step/practice run for the Switch than an actually completely new concept.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

VoidofLight

I still think any rumor with a "4K switch" is fake. Mainly for one reason. Battery life. The switch battery itself has a really short life before you have to charge it. Imagine how short the battery life will have to be with a handheld that can support 4K quality.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Artonide

The article dosent say 4K switch. It mentions that the AI can upscale to 4K in a certain situation without hurting framerate. @VoidofLight

SW-4796-1687-6967

VoidofLight

@DennisNOR Isn't that 4K effectively?

BruceCM

Well, it'd be a more efficient way to do it.... &, presumably, it'd only do that in the dock, so not while playing handheld There wouldn't be any point having 4k on the 6.2" screen

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Artonide

From the article :
With DLSS turned on, for example, a game can be running at a native 1440p resolution, like the rumored Super Nintendo Switch, and then that can be upscaled to something higher, even up to 4K, without a noticeable performance hit on framerate. DLSS 2.0 is the very latest version of that technology, and it is currently improving the performance in AAA games like Cyberpunk 2077 on PC.

SW-4796-1687-6967

Anti-Matter

I don't think there will be Switch Pro after Mario bundle edition has been released.
Peoples will get upset for purchase the Mario bundle when the Switch Pro released several months later.

Anti-Matter

VoidofLight

@Anti-Matter I mean, that'll happen no matter what. There'll be people who just bought the last console, when the new console is about to release.

SwitchForce

@ThanosReXXX from what I read so far they never denied a Super Switch. So where did you read exactly word for word that they said that.

SwitchForce

Sisilly_G

The current Switch already struggles with 1080p when DOCKED, including small-scale titles such as Link's Awakening, and yet people are demanding even HIGHER resolutions?!

I like cutting edge tech as much as the next guy, but let's focus on perfecting 1080p first, shall we?

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic