Forums

Topic: «Super nintendo switch pro» 1440p, ps4+ power (Rumor)

Posts 21 to 26 of 26

sixrings

@Silly_G I assume it will target 1080p and then upscale the rest. Some people I believe have reasonable expectations but some are building it far too high and are going to be disappointed. That said they will still likely upgrade because that’s what Nintendo fans have been conditioned to do.

sixrings

Sisilly_G

@sixrings : There's really nothing to "upscale" in that instance though as 1080p is exactly four times the resolution of 2160p (unlike upscaling from, say, SD to HD, or even 720p to 1080p). Forcing the hardware to upscale a 1080p signal when a UHD TV will do that by default anyway is a waste of the console's (limited) power.

Edited on by Sisilly_G

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

sixrings

@Silly_G that’s exactly what the Xbox one s did and series s does. I assume it’s because some TVs don’t upscale as well as others. But I am not sure. Maybe it’s just so they can put a fancy 4K logo on the box instead of a FullHD logo.

sixrings

Sisilly_G

@sixrings : I'd wager on the latter. I found it laughable when I saw a poster (at a railway station) for one of the Call of Duty games for Xbox about a year ago, proudly boasting that it's in "4K" via the logo, but the fine print reads that the game is upscaled.

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

SViper

My only real hopes for better model, besides it will have stronger hardware, that it will have real WiFi from this era and it will work unlike now!

Edited on by SViper

http://twitch.tv/TheSViper
https://www.change.org/p/anmtvla-pokemonlatam-español-latino-en-los-juegos-de-pokémon - let's help this petition for Latin American Spanish be add to Pokémon games and with that may increase chance that in future Pokémon games adds more languages. :)

Switch Friend Code: SW-7289-6600-2802 | 3DS Friend Code: 4270-5974-5136 | My Nintendo: SViper | Nintendo Network ID: TheSViper | Twitter:

rockodoodle

dionysos283 wrote:

Tbh, this rumor sounds almost too good to be true. It's very un-Nintendo to bring out a console with cutting edge technology, that costs $400+ (which it definitely will). And then there's the question of how they will continue to support the old Switch. Do developers now have to make four different version of their games (2x handheld / 2x docked)? Lots of open questions. But I'm definitely intrigued by the idea of a 4k-Switch.

This.... Nintendo wants to stretch out the life of the Switch as long as it can. Releasing something with a huge jump in power won’t allow it to do this. Maybe an improved dock, improved processor, slightly larger screen and better battery.

rockodoodle

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic