Forums

Topic: Switch Controller Discussion

Posts 421 to 440 of 594

NaviAndMii

@Stereoman There's a 'Joy-Con Charging Dock' you can buy - the official one is about £30 and can charge up to 4 Joy-Con simultaneously ..I'm sure that there are various unofficial products too if you're after something a little cheaper!

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

GoronBrudda

GabeGalaxy wrote:

@GoronBrudda

The neon yellow almost looks green in certain lighting. I pre-ordered min on Amazon.ca. Thanks for the link. I hope to one day collect joy cons so I can just come up with cool colour combinations to suit whatever mood I'm in.

In that case, don't look now, but look what else has been confirmed...
http://www.gamesradar.com/splatoon-2-switch-bundle-gets-color...

No sign of the bundles or the joycons yet, but the pro controller seems to have come out already....
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07235SQMF
(july isn't even that far away, but knowing what scalpers are like, I've decided to bag myself one of these before they get their grubby little mitts on them and spoil it for everyone like they have for everything else). -Still can't get hold of a regular priced Zelda amiibo anywhere I look, and there is no way I'm paying what the scalpers are charging!

GoronBrudda

MarcelRguez

I've had my eye on the NES30 Pro since its manufacturers announced it's now compatible with the Switch. I'd use it as an alternative to the official pro controller, since for me the only shortcoming the joy-cons have is the lack of a proper d-pad. Compared to the pro controller, the NES30 seems to be an even better alternative in that regard, but I'd like to hear of its potential shortcomings if anyone owns one. Right now, this is all I can think of:

• No gyro aiming/pointer controls
  • No (HD) rumble
  • No home or screenshot buttons
  • Support might get patched out by Nintendo

The first two options don't bother me that much because I don't think there'll be much overlap between those features and the games I will play with a d-pad (fighting games, 2D platformers and VC titles, eventually), and I can live without a home or screenshot button. The last point is more problematic, but even if it gets completely patched out I'll get my money's worth eventually by using it with other platforms. Besides, it's almost half the price of the pro controller anyway.

So, has anyone tried one of these? Is there anything else I might be overlooking as far as using it with the Switch?

Edited on by MarcelRguez

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

mav-i-am

MarcelRguez wrote:

I've had my eye on the NES30 Pro since its manufacturers announced it's now compatible with the Switch. I'd use it as an alternative to the official pro controller, since for me the only shortcoming the joy-cons have is the lack of a proper d-pad. Compared to the pro controller, the NES30 seems to be an even better alternative in that regard, but I'd like to hear of its potential shortcomings if anyone owns one. Right now, this is all I can think of:

• No gyro aiming/pointer controls
  • No (HD) rumble
  • No home or screenshot buttons
  • Support might get patched out by Nintendo

The first two options don't bother me that much because I don't think there'll be much overlap between those features and the games I will play with a d-pad (fighting games, 2D platformers and VC titles, eventually), and I can live without a home or screenshot button. The last point is more problematic, but even if it gets completely patched out I'll get my money's worth eventually by using it with other platforms. Besides, it's almost half the price of the pro controller anyway.

So, has anyone tried one of these? Is there anything else I might be overlooking as far as using it with the Switch?

I came to ask the same thing.

the SNES controller looks very good.

Not sure why Nintendo would patch out a third party controller deliberately?

Switch games list,

Legend of Zelda BotW, Human resource machine, NBA Playgrounds, Street Fighter 2, Super Bomberman R, Snipperclips, Overcooked, World of Goo.

Nintendo Network ID: mav-i-am | Twitter:

Mariolove

I want to surprise my son friends with some cool t shirts for their summer group.Can you guys let me know if you think this is a good
shirt.https://teespring.com/gamer-3060#pid=2&cid=2397&sid=front

Mariolove

Stereoman

how do people enjoy their joycons 1.0?
mine will arrive on friday and with all those posts im kinda afraid they will be faulty?
how often or problematic is the bluetooth disconnection? only with right or left joycon?
how fast do the batteries of the joycons charge or discharge?
what about the creaky ZL button? how cheap is the built quality? alot of creaky noises because of rubbing plastic parts or are there bumpers or solutions?

anyway happy gamin lookin forward to the gyro controls in MK8 deluxe

MH4 online thread

3DS Friend Code: 1504-7028-1432

Souljaman22

@Stereoman joycon 1.0?
My launch day switch has a faulty left joycon. I've been dealing with it but now that the new console smell has worn off I definitely don't want to. It slides right off without me pressing the release button.

Souljaman22

Jhena

Great. My left joy con just died. It started to act up the last days while playing botw. Just lost connection all the time. Annoying but i could live with that. Now hes dead. He left with my joy and honored his name this way. Man i hope it will be fixed soon. Really want to play arms day one.

I once send them my wii u and 3ds together and they fixed it in less than a week. Thats beyond awesome. But who knows how occupied they are right now. After this stuff happened to me it feels like its really a bigger problem.

I remember waiting for my ps 3 for 2 and a half months. Stuff like that should be illegal.

Jhena

Switch Friend Code: SW-2361-9475-8611 | Nintendo Network ID: Traumwanderer

Stereoman

F1R3F1Y wrote:

@Stereoman Before purchasing my Switch, the various reports of malfunctioning joy cons and wonky pro controller dad's left me feeling slightly apprehensive about buying one.

However, ever since I have had my Switch, I have experienced zero issues and feel very impressed with the joy cons and their ability to transform into 2 controllers. In addition to this, the pro controller has been very comfortable to use while playing docked. Also, the battery life of all the controllers is amazing.

I'm not disputing the claims of others, just stating that my own experiences have been flawless so far.

thx for the great feedback!
what about the batteries?
Is it possible to remove or replace the batteries from the joy cons, pro controller or switch core unit?

how easy is it to repair the switch DIY if something breaks?
what screwdrivers are required?

MH4 online thread

3DS Friend Code: 1504-7028-1432

Lethal

Only issue I have with the Switch controllers is when try to hit the power button on the Switch. I use my left hand to reach up and press the power button but while do so the force of my hand will sometimes cause the left joy-con to slide up and disconnect from the Switch. Nothing major, but gets annoying.

Edited on by Lethal

Switch Friend Code - SW-1147-4867-6886

FGPackers

It means you don't attach it well or the attachment is broken. I don't have this problem at all, never had it

FGPackers

Nintendo Network ID: FGPackers

Lethal

FGPackers wrote:

It means you don't attach it well or the attachment is broken. I don't have this problem at all, never had it

I have large hands and it is attached correctly. I assume that how I am holding it and the size of my hands, I am applying the right amount of pressure causing it to unhinge itself.

Switch Friend Code - SW-1147-4867-6886

Souljaman22

Lethal wrote:

FGPackers wrote:

I have large hands and it is attached correctly. I assume that how I am holding it and the size of my hands, I am applying the right amount of pressure causing it to unhinge itself.

Had the same problem, my joycon was broke. I would apply the same amount of pressure if not more to the other side and nothing. Try putting the left joycon on the right side of the switch and the right joycom on the left side. If it Joycon L slides off on the right side you'll know that your switch is fine atleast. Nintendo sent me a replacement when I called. Took a little convincing tho

Souljaman22

Reginald

I'm considering getting a pro controller. What are people's thoughts on it? I've heard that there were some games that had compatibility and response issues with it. I want it mainly for the d-pad (especially for games like Sonic Mania), but if the issues are common, then I'm hesitant about getting it.

Reginald

NEStalgia

@Reginald The only issue with the d-pad that some fighting enthusiasts (and Tetris enthusiasts, oddly) have had problems with is it's overly-sensitive in the diagonals. So if you press left or right with uneven pressure it's going to register a diagonal instead. For something like Street Fighter that's dangerous. For Sonic....not so much. It's not "bad" for a lot of uses, but for precision fighters and such it can cause bad problems. Also for Puyo Puyo Tetris, it takes the up diagonal as a "drop" command....not a good thing to happen unintentionally.

The Pro otherwise is fantastic, best controller this side of XBox, but it might be better if you're REALLY interested in a perfect D-Pad to look at the 8bitdo controllers and such.

NEStalgia

Fandabidozi

I think my left controller is a little jinky. I've only noticed it during MK8D, mind you, so it might just be my bad driving.
What I'd really like to see is a joy con with a D-Pad. There's a whole lot of 2D fighting games available already and when VC comes out 2D platformers. No way I'm playing Street Fighter or Mega Man without a D-Pad.
Design wise I'd love Animal Crossing joy-cons in shiney white with the 🍎 🏠 🍃 pattern that the limited edition 3DS has.

Edited on by Fandabidozi

NNID: Fandabidozi
3DS Friend Code: 2552-1581-3189
AC Pocket Camp: 1580 9310 141

My Nintendo: Fandabidozi | Nintendo Network ID: Fandabidozi | Twitter:

Reginald

NEStalgia wrote:

The Pro otherwise is fantastic, best controller this side of XBox, but it might be better if you're REALLY interested in a perfect D-Pad to look at the 8bitdo controllers and such.

I would look into those and they do look great, but I'm hesitant as there's always the possibility of Nintendo patching the system to drop their support.

Plus, they released an update that allows wired pro controller support, so that makes it a little more appealing.

Reginald

onesuperman

You guys have to check this one out!
For god’s sake I am so upset now with the original Switch dock!
Look at this SFANS Adapter, I just found it on IndieGoGo, and it is definitely much much better than the giant garbage original dock.
https://igg.me/at/sfans/x/4743808
Anyway I am getting the SFANS Adapter.

onesuperman

SLIGEACH_EIRE

@onesuperman That's great. The official Switch dock is a piece of rubbish(warped and screen scratching) and ridiculously priced. There's room for larger peripheral producers to massively undercut Nintendo's $90 cod. It's a hunk of plastic with a few connections.

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

NaviAndMii

@SLIGEACH_EIRE Already happening! ..just discovered the Nyko Portable Docking Kit for $44.99 - a compact, more travel-friendly and cheaper (although not exactly cheap) alternative to the Switch Dock

Untitled

...I'm sure that a range of other solutions will be on the market before too long!

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

Sorry, this topic has been locked.