Forums

Topic: Is 2019 Nintendo's Best Year/Craziest Year?

Posts 21 to 40 of 44

Octane

The only reason to be excited for next year is because it's one year closer to a Pikmin 4 release, in theory.

Octane

1UP_MARIO

Luigis mansion 3 and more surprises. It’s gonna be great.

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

GrailUK

The stars are going to align I think. There are going to be some cracking 1st party games to rival 2017. Bigger cards will be available, making the previous sizes cheaper and will enable more third party games. Indies are growing exponentially. Streaming looks like it's on track given the Japan efforts (although I prefer physical games) The rumoured revision is pretty exciting. All off the back of what I reckon is going to be a crazy Christmas (for everyone before fan boys start moaning!). Anyone who picks up a Switch in the holiday season is in for a decent year I would say

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Sadist

Switch will beef up during it’s third year and it will be another year for the system to flex its muscles. Nintendo itself needed time to get this line-up ready and I assume the majority will be there.

• NSMB U Deluxe will be a good port to broaden the line-up
  • Yoshi’s Crafted World will hopefully be another solid platformer. I enjoyed Wooly World a lot more than expected. I have faith in Good-Feel making another good game.
  • Fire Emblem Three Houses looks awesome. I know people said it looked rough, which it did, but rule of thumb with Nintendo games; they got polished up quite a bit. Now FE games have never been lookers (remember Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn? Rough looks, great to play) but I’m not too worries. Gimme dat FE goodness.
  • Animal Crossing is going to be huge. The first new AC in years and fans are clamoring for it.
  • Daemon x Machina is the odd duck, but could be quite the the little hit.
  • Luigi’s Mansion 3 could be a title to slip into 2020. Don’t know if Next Level has been working on it for long. Could be a neat Halloween title.
  • The real wopper, Pokémon Gen 8. This game will be the big one, together with the Switch revision.
  • Bayonetta 3 will be there as well. I’m assuming the game will be done in regards to Platinum’s new stance on developing games. Late 2019 release.

On the Nintendo side its pretty packed. I can see them pulling a rabbit out of their hat like a 2D Zelda in time for the holidays. Metroid Prime 4 will be 2020.

As for third parties, if Nintendo can get the cart costs down for 32GB even more will come. Still gonna enjoy some stuff. Definitely getting Vesperia Remastered, Travis Strikes again and FF XII The Zodiac Age. Gonna be good.

Sadist

F1R3F1Y

2017 was great for me, but 2018 has been a big disappointment. Not because the games have been bad, but not many of the games have been my style. So, looking forward to 2019 where there seems to be a few more games that I want to play.

F1R3F1Y

BrainOfGrimlock

I obviously haven’t read enough internets - I had no idea people thought the new Fire Emblem looked rough, i’ve been close to messing myself with excitement since I saw it?! Give me that plus the few inevitable indies and I’ll be happy with the switch for 2019 alone!

Will anything top 2017 which had both a new Mario AND Zelda (both of which ironically I personally found super disappointing!)? Will take some doing given the amazing response - both critical and audience - those two garnered? Pokemon will obviously sell by the bucketload but whilst strong titles in their own right, can the rest of the schedule stand toe to toe? Even 2017’s backup cast was pretty stellar (MK8D, Arms, Splat2 - ha, again, all games I don’t care too much for?! How come i live my switch so much if I don’t appear to like the games?!).

BrainOfGrimlock

link3710

@Sadist Luigi's Mansion 3 has almost certainly been in the works since mid-2016 at the latest. Given that it's been hinted at that Luigi has his new Poltegeist in his moveset (we know he has one thanks to today's blog post, and the Simon intro showed off the new Poltergeist before LM3 was even revealed), it has clearly existed since early enough in Smash Ultimate's development to integrate it into the game. It's likely design work had started in early 2016, with development starting up in full as soon as Federation Force made it past QA. So I wouldn't worry about it slipping.

Animal Crossing and Bayo 3 are far more likely to slip to 2019 IMO.

link3710

Grumblevolcano

Metroid Prime 4, Bayonetta 3 and Town I see being 2020. Bayonetta 3 because of Luigi's Mansion 3 taking the Halloween slot instead and Town because I see Pokemon Gen 8 taking priority. The Pokemon community has gotten really bad since Let's Go was rumoured/announced, if Town got in the way of Pokemon Gen 8 being 2019 things would sadly get really ugly fast.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Aozz101x

Yeah, The only thing i care about is Animal Crossing. everything else is icing on the cake.
Hopefully, the Gameplay Reveal is worth the wait.

My Top 9 Favorite Games of All time.
1. Judgement
2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
9. James Bond 007 Nightfire

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

bluemage1989

Bayo 3 gets me more and more excited. I liked the last two for sure but I get the feeling 3 will blow them away.

bluemage1989

StephenYap3

The only thing 2019 has for me on the Switch at the moment is Umihara Kawase Fresh!, which is an indie game and not a Nintendo title.

As for Nintendo's titles, while I am hyped for some of them, the lack of info for them is making it hard for me to get pumped for. Even the game that I have my eyes on, Animal Crossing Switch, doesn't have any info yet. Same goes for Luigi's Mansion 3, Daemon X Machina (though I am hoping the pilot character customization goes further than what I'm seeing in the latest info), and Metroid Prime 4. Yoshi's Crafted World definitely looks better than it did back in 2017, but not so much better that I'm going to get it right away (though I do hope it ends up being decent in the end).

StephenYap3

KryptoniteKrunch

A new mainline Fire Emblem, Animal Crossing and Pokemon all in one year reminds me of 2013 for 3DS, which was an amazing year for the handheld. Those three alone will make the year for me, not to mention Luigis Mansion and a new IP? Yeah, 2019 will rival 2017 for sure, imo.

2018 has had some great 3rd party support, so if that continues, 2019 could be a real stand out year. I'm thinking it will personally.

KryptoniteKrunch

Nintendo Network ID: KryptoniteKrunch

Heavyarms55

I'm still backlogged from this year, but I am pumped about next year too.

1. Animal Crossing! - This game has the potential to steal my life away for a few hundred hours just like New Leaf did back in 2013. I hope this game supports all Amiibo from day 1.

2. Pokemon Gen 8 and (hopefully) Pokemon Bank. The idea of seeing Pokemon I originally caught on a GBA cartridge in HD on a Switch game is a glorious dream of mine. Plus the SMUSUM metagame has long since lost its appeal to me. I hope this gen finally adds an online match making for 6v6 single battles and maintains or even further improves on the breeding mechanics of Gen 7.

3. Fire Emblem I've been a fan since the GBA games. I hope this new entry plays more like them than Echos, which I couldn't get into. Also I loved Awakening, but wasn't a fan of the 3 versions we had of Fates.

Those are my top 3 next year and why. But there are plenty of others I am interested in too.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Nemodius

@gcunit I think when Nintendo originally delayed Metroid P4 until 2019 it pissed customers off royally bad enough, now promise of Dec/2019, and people getting real grumbly about it, delaying it till 2020 would be detrimental to Nintendo, I wouldn't make any assumptions until September/2019

they are already lacking in giving people the games they want at the frequency they want them, hell, I know people are already wanting a new Zelda by 2020 latest, so they damn well better put out some heavy hitters before then

Edited on by Nemodius

"If failure is the greatest teacher, how come we are not the most superior beings in the universe ???"

kkslider5552000

Probably. 3DS has been winding down for a while now, lots of their developers haven't done anything of note this year, 3rd parties have been relevant in a way not seen since the SNES days (barring maybe parts of the peak Wii era), and Switch hasn't had the amount of massive releases this year, that last year did. The fact that they could so casually announce Luigi's Mansion 3 says a lot as well.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Grumblevolcano

@jhewitt3476 Metroid Prime 4 and Bayonetta 3 never had release dates (both announcements only mentioned "Now in development"), can't delay something that doesn't have a release date. If people assume the games will be released by a certain time and it doesn't they have only themselves to blame for the disappointment.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Nemodius

@Grumblevolcano
there has been several "leaks" from what are considered "reliable sources" at certain cons involving gaming, then published to websites, I've been to some, I was at the most recent Q and when a person at the N section of the even said "due to mitigating factors, the game won't be seen before 2019", a whole lot of people were clenching fists, grinding teeth and grumbling away dejected, it certified they at one time did intend on a 2018 date, but also suggestively implied before 2020 and the number of constant unfounded talk that all seem to agree about a December 2019 date, seems a little too coincidental, so I'm going with what I know and what seems like a reasonable assumption, so yah, I think December/2019 is likely, any later and it would hurt

"If failure is the greatest teacher, how come we are not the most superior beings in the universe ???"

Nemodius

when my app for NL reporter goes through, I will cite the sites and mags I have seen as post a vid of my time in L.A. back in June on my YouTube page

Sadist

@BrainofGrimlock

Because people are bozos. During the Wii U era people whined when Nintendo games were shown with gameplay, the games didn’t look as pretty as they normally do. Well, you know, thats what happens when games are still in development.

So I’m not worries about FE at all.

Sadist

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.