Forums

Topic: Is 2019 Nintendo's Best Year/Craziest Year?

Posts 1 to 20 of 44

Laoak

Just wondering who else thinks too much is going on in 2019? Gen 9 Pokemon, Metroid, Yoshi, Fire Emblem, Daemon X Machina and more... Wow, compared to this year, next year is going to be a monster!

{funny quote here}

Anti-Matter

1. Pokemon 2019 Generation 8
2. Animal Crossing Switch
3. Metroid Prime 4
4. Final Fantasy games on Switch

Anti-Matter

MasterJay

Luigis Mansion as well, it definetly what the switch needs to start climbing again

Well excuuuse me princess

My Nintendo: MasterJay | Nintendo Network ID: SuperSnapshot1.5

Desa

I think if anything has the chance to potentially miss a 2019 release it would for sure be metroid prime, but even if it didn't, the year is still lined up to be amazing.

Desa

Switch Friend Code: SW-2254-1237-5712 | 3DS Friend Code: 2664-3455-8981 | Nintendo Network ID: artystdream | Twitter:

Octane

@LetsGoSwitch @Desa Metroid Prime 4 was never confirmed for 2019. Considering last year's announcement said ''Now in development''; I expect it will take a good while for it to come out. Definitely not next year. 2020 if we're lucky.

Octane

Nemodius

@LetsGoSwitch
frankly, what in your assessment makes it seem like a "Best" or "Crazy", are they really putting out "a slew of games" ???
it's not like all these games are being dumped on the consumer in the first quarter, they (according to schedule) trying to splay them out reasonably over the different quarters, which is how I'd rather have it
I mean the number of high profile games isn't even unreasonable, I think 2019 will see some of the best releases, but will it be Nintendo's best year, it might be better, but not best, the Switch will have been well established for almost 2 years, and people will be used to and more open to the new "hybrid" format, the number and variety of games available will make new system buyers more open also

best ???, neither best or worst
and
Crazy ???, most certainly not, LOL

"If failure is the greatest teacher, how come we are not the most superior beings in the universe ???"

19Robb92

Could be. But that's assuming everything releases as well, which I doubt. Some games will probably get delayed to 2020.

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

Anti-Matter

Oh, btw.
Based on Chinese Zodiac, year 2019 = Year of Pig.
You know, Nintendo could earn Tons of money like Piggy Bank.

Anti-Matter

SViper

LetsGoSwitch wrote:

Gen 9 Pokemon

I see we skipping Gen 8th and going straight to Gen 9th here. xD

But to be honest 2019 will be better then 2018, because there will much more good games released or ported in, and a lot games I will want to buy as well.

Edited on by SViper

http://twitch.tv/TheSViper
https://www.change.org/p/anmtvla-pokemonlatam-español-latino-en-los-juegos-de-pokémon - let's help this petition for Latin American Spanish be add to Pokémon games and with that may increase chance that in future Pokémon games adds more languages. :)

Switch Friend Code: SW-7289-6600-2802 | 3DS Friend Code: 4270-5974-5136 | My Nintendo: SViper | Nintendo Network ID: TheSViper | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

I don't think any future Switch year will beat 2017 in terms of how crazy the lineup is. I'm expecting that some of the games people think will be 2019 ends up being 2020 like Metroid Prime 4.

Something like this on the 2019 Nintendo console exclusives front:
January - NSMBU Deluxe, Travis Strikes Again
February - Unannounced Wii U port
March - Yoshi's Crafted World
April - Unannounced Wii U port
May - Fire Emblem Three Houses
June - Daemon X Machina
July - Unannounced Wii U port
August - Unannounced new game from Ubisoft
September - Animal Crossing
October - Luigi's Mansion 3
November - Pokemon Gen 8
December - Unannounced new game from Nintendo

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

GrailUK

Langrisser 1 & 2 Remaster
Grandia 1 & 2
Final Fantasy 7
Final Fantasy 9
Final Fantasy 10/10-2HD
Final Fantasy 12
Fire Emblem 3 Houses
Tales of Vesperia
Town (working title)
Pokémon Gen 8

Bloody hell!

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

link3710

We are nowhere near knowing how 2019 will go. Maybe we won't get Animal Crossing or Luigi's Mansion and definitely not Metroid.

link3710

-Green-

Based on what we know for 2019, it's already better than 2017 for me. At least if things go well.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

gcunit

Metroid won't release in 2019, I don't reckon.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

DarkRula

I think it can only really be based on personal opinion and a person's buying habits. For me, a console that can provide twelve or more games in a year that are day one buys is definitely a crazy year. 2017 came close, and this year is almost as close, but 2019 might just prove to be the one that goes beyond that number. Which I think would be a first for any console.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

Harmonie

The year certainly looks more exciting in terms of Switch first party exclusives than 2017 and 2018. I'd even go so far as to say both of those years put together. But... that's from a distance, and titles like Animal Crossing and Pokemon? We know absolutely nothing about them. They could come out in 2019, but be disappointing titles. Especially considering the direction GF has taken Pokemon recently, I have to be skeptical.

But here's to hoping that somehow Animal Crossing and Pokemon 2019 are super amazing titles.

Harmonie

Nintendo Network ID: WoodwindsRock

Cobalt

I don't feel optimistic about the beginning of 2019...

New Super Mario Bros U (which is a good game in itself but a port that I already finished 100%)
Travis Strikes Again which is a CATASTROPHY !
Fire Emblem looks unpolished (even if OK it's all about gameplay, but still...)
Deamon EX Machina has no effect on me with its ugly color palette..

So I really hope some great surprises from Nintendo but to be honest I'm not that confident about it... :/
Hope that I'm wrong...

PS : I hope Yoshi's gonna be phenomenal because this is the next game that interests me the most after Octopath Traveler...

Cobalt

Super_Gravy

Guys... just because many games releasing next year doesn't mean Nintendo will make money. Heck people might hate all those games because they are ported or not quality games that we are used to.

My point is that we don't know next year going be crazy or good for Nintendo.

Umm… Care to have some gravy?

GrailUK

@Cobalt Hahaha, no surprise you don't feel optimistic lol.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

bluemage1989

I am however feeling very optimistic for 2019. 2017 and 2018 were great for me but even more so 2019 looks like it can be better than both together. Yoshi and Luigi's Mansion are the biggest for me personally.

bluemage1989

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.