Forums

Topic: How do you decide which game to buy/try and play?

Posts 41 to 46 of 46

MarioVillager92

If it's a new game from one of my favorite series, then I'm totally getting it. Outside of that, I also get games that I think look interesting, particularly if I like what I see from stuff like gameplay trailers and if they review well.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

MontyCircus
  • MetaCritic scores
  • IGN review scores
  • Steam user rating
  • The big awards (The Game Awards, D.I.C.E. Awards, Game Developers Choice Awards, Independent Games Festival, British Academy Game Awards)
  • NintendoLife user ratings
  • GOG user ratings and bestsellers
  • Website end of year awards (IGN, AdventureGamers' Aggie Awards)
  • Other resources: Wikipedia, Reddit, VideoGameGeek (for individual game awards lists)
  • DekuDeals (I search for currently discounted games, with a MetaCritic score over 80, sorted by sale end date, so I can see all of the game sales that are ending first)
  • Ranker has useful user lists for genres and platforms.

Re-releases of older games tend to get worse reviews over time, so I have to hunt for the original critic and audience reaction to the game

Smaller, sillier multiplayer games to play with my family and friends tend to get lower critic review scores, so I have to search around to get a feel of what the most fun ones are.

And never preorder anything.

Edited on by MontyCircus

MontyCircus

Magician

Gut feeling most of the time.

But if my budget is tight that month...I will allow Metacritic / Opencritic to determine if I'll be there day-one for a game of if I'll wait for a deep discount.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,253 games (as of May 22nd, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

LinkxPeach

Gameplay trailers, and review ratings.

Nintendo 3DS’s friend code:
4012-5835-9928

Nintendo Switch’s friend code:
SW-0178-5632-1227

https://lxpgaming.blog/

Carlostrond

Deciding which game to buy, try, and play is always an exciting journey. I start by reading reviews and watching gameplay videos to get a sense of the game's mechanics, graphics, and storyline. Community forums and social media discussions are invaluable for gaining insights from fellow gamers. I also consider the game's compatibility with my current setup and any unique features or updates it offers. Recently, I've been exploring apk1xbet.in, which has introduced me to a whole new world of gaming possibilities. Their selection is vast and varied, offering something for every type of gamer. It's a great resource for discovering your next favorite game and diving into new adventures.

Edited on by Carlostrond

Carlostrond

xeofate

That's a good question. Usually I choose primarily based on PushSquare, PureXbox and NintendoLife reviews followed by steam reviews and metacritic. If I'm still unsure about a game and it's on game pass I'll try it out for a bit and see if it sticks. I tend to value my time so don't really want to waste it playing games I'm not going to enjoy so making a good decision is important. Time is precious people

xeofate

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic