Forums

Topic: Hopes for 2021

Posts 1 to 20 of 102

Duboiss

With 2020 slowly coming to an end and with us knowing pretty much the reminder of Nintendo upcoming games I though it could be interesting to discuss what you all are hoping for next year in a dedicated topic.

First I think Bravely Default will be an early game in January/February I find the lack of a release date at this point a bit worrisome for a 2020 release.

Camelot hasn’t released a game since Ultra smash and there aren’t yet a lot a Mario sports games on switch a new Mario Golf at this point I feel it’s just a matter of time.

For the Zelda 35th anniversary I would love a compilation but business wise it makes so much sense to release separately throughout the year the Wii U ports of Wind Waker and Twilight Princess and have Botw 2 either as a Holiday game or released alongside an upgraded switch.

We absolutely at least need to see gameplay footage of both Bayonetta 3 and Metroid Prime 4

Dream games would be : 2D Metroid from the Samus Returns team, a 3D Kirby or a Kirby rpg, another fire emblem echoes remake (the snes games or a Radiance pack ) seeing the returns of smaller Nintendo Ip like Rhythm Heaven, Wario land/Ware, Advance Wars, another 3rd party handling a Nintendo Ip that would be a complete surprise.

Duboiss

Magician

I am eagerly anticipating Bayonetta 3 and Shin Megami Tensei V.

Other than that, I'll be too busy with PS5 and XSX to care what is and isn't released on Switch.

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Ryu_Niiyama

I just want a big blow out for Zelda. I’d be shocked if BoTW2 was not the holiday game next year. I’ll start saving for that LE zelda gold Switch Nintendo is gonna make me buy. Otherwise I have way too many games as is to beat. Whatever comes out next year is bonus.

Honestly I have about 5 games on my radar next year already.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

BruceCM

"Make you buy", @Ryu_Niiyama....? You certainly seem quite hopeful about the gold LE Switch, in that case
I'll be happy to get the game, at least!

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

TheFrenchiestFry

<ul>

• SMTV actually releases in 2021
  • Bayonetta 3
  • Persona 5 Strikers localization (although I'll be getting that on PS4 instead)
  • new Capcom fighter since SFV seems to be on its final months of new content support. This time it better be multiplatform because even if Sony funded SFV in part, it still kinda sucks that SFV was exclusive to PS4/PC when SFIV all the way up to Ultra was on a lot of platforms
  • I think next year is the absolute last chance anything related to Persona ports on Switch can be announced considering it's the 25th anniversary of the series. I personally like the idea of Persona 5 Portable or something like that, although Royal on PC definitely sounds more likely at this point
  • King of Fighters XV on Xbox and Switch given XIV was only on PS4/PC seemingly for no reason while SamSho got the full multiplatform treatment
  • Metroid Prime 4 teaser or some form of concrete info-</ul>

Edited on by TheFrenchiestFry

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

SViper

Hello,
Only one thing I want for 2021 is Pokémon Diamond & Pearl remakes. Worst case scenario new entry in Pokémon Let's GO series. If they decide skip next year, in other words not to release any type Main Core game/s, then it would be stupidest and most disappointing scenario.
That's all.

http://twitch.tv/TheSViper
https://www.change.org/p/anmtvla-pokemonlatam-español-latino-en-los-juegos-de-pokémon - let's help this petition for Latin American Spanish be add to Pokémon games and with that may increase chance that in future Pokémon games adds more languages. :)

Switch Friend Code: SW-7289-6600-2802 | 3DS Friend Code: 4270-5974-5136 | My Nintendo: SViper | Nintendo Network ID: TheSViper | Twitter:

rockodoodle

Mk9
Madden
Mario Golf

rockodoodle

Bevinator

Ok nobody said ‘realistic’ hopes so here goes

Advance wars switch announced
Metroid prime 4 surprise Christmas release
New 2D Mario game
F zero switch announced

they say that life’s a carousel, spinning fast you’ve got to ride it well. The world is full of kings and queens who blind your eyes and steal your dreams. It’s heaven and hell.

My Nintendo: Bevinator

Grumblevolcano

The return of general Directs. While the August and September partner showcases had good parts, none of the Directs this year (game/franchise specific Directs, Direct Mini and Partner Showcases) were as good as general Directs. Even though the September 2019 general Direct painted quite a bleak picture for Switch in 2020, I think it was the better Direct out of that and all the 2020 Directs so far.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

rallydefault

Is 2021 the anniversary year for Zelda? I remember hearing that somewhere, but I'm probably crazy.

Anyway, if it is, I hope we get BotW2 as the holiday 2021 title and a remaster of Skyward Sword.

A total pipe dream is a brand-new 2D Zelda, but man that would be awesome.

rallydefault

SwitchForce

Switch Pro .... 4K(Docked)1080p(Portable)...ubber GPU/CPU...more RAM 16gb Storage 250Gig...microSD up to 10gb. 4K games that downgrade to standard Switch model still @60fps.

1. Switch Lite
2. Switch (hybrid)
3. Switch Premium (hybrid) - Raw Performance upgrade not cosmetic.

That's the Xmas dream.

Release of BOTW2.....

Edited on by SwitchForce

SwitchForce

Ryu_Niiyama

@BruceCM I see Zelda console, I buy. It’s a compulsion.

Seriously though they have made a Zelda system for the past several gens including several last gen with all the 3ds systems and the wiiu one. I fully expect with the popularity of BoTW for there to be some sort of gold something (I would just like joycons personally) but considering all the CE systems they are churning out the only way I can see them not doing a system is if COVID19 wrecks China and thus manufacturing again.

I have two switch systems as is so l might be able to talk myself out of it. But I doubt it.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

Lindhardt

I'm waiting for SMT III remastered, Balan Wonderworld, and Super Mario 3D World Deluxe. My biggest hope for a new game would be a new Fire Emblem, or at least a new content wave for Three Houses.

Favorite Games:
1. Super Mario Galaxy
2. Portal 2
3. Hollow Knight
4. Fallout 4
5. Persona 4: Golden

BruceCM

I dunno about the gold bit but I'd certainly expect a custom Switch for that game, too, @Ryu_Niiyama .... How about if it's a Lite, though?

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Ryu_Niiyama

@BruceCM I doubt that it would be a liteswitch but if it was I guess that could be my travel system... I try not to buy systems for the heck of it as I believe that people that do so deprive an actual child of a chance to make memories in gaming so I would have to figure out a use for it.

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

TheFrenchiestFry

I've been incredibly vocal about how much I hate how Nintendo is going the route of limited releases for classic content

HOWEVER

If they could partner up with Atlus and release SMT1 and SMT2 fully translated on Switch seeing as how the original games debuted on Nintendo systems I might cave in. Just saying

That might actually be more hype than Nocturne getting a remaster

TheFrenchiestFry

Mountain_Man

I hope we continue to see the steady release of high quality games that the Switch has had since its launch.

The Mountain Man

kkslider5552000

I mostly just want Nintendo to announce their big holiday 2021 title ASAP so that the fandom isn't in panic mode for no reason for 4+ months again.

But in terms of games:
-Mario Odyssey 2
-A cool Splatoon spinoff
-A new Advance Wars
-A Metroid Prime 4 trailer that confirms it isn't going to appease the weirdos who want everything to be open world and/or multiplayer
-SNES Final Fantasy remakes in the Octopath engine
-Sonic Mania 2 and a 3D Sonic that's focused on being good instead of adding unnecessary nonsense to artificially increase game time
-Megaman X9 in the X1 art style
-Pokemon 4th gen remakes to...not come out because I don't want my 2nd fav gen to be rushed
-Retro Studios to have been working on a 2nd game all along and it comes out and is great, because srsly wtf have they been doing since 2014
-New Horizon's massive success meaning more people take notice of them replacing gender options with style options and follow suit
-3rd party companies realize they could make cheaper games than (insert giant PS4 game here) that would make it easier to put them on Switch, thus having more of an audience while costing less to make.

part of me would take those last two things alone over all the more specific game requests lol

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

TheFrenchiestFry

@ToadBrigade Steve is also an indie rep by technicality so there might be room for further representation. I have a feeling Hollow Knight is gonna get a Mii Costume like Sans and Cuphead though since Steve seems to be the big indie rep for this game

It was very obvious they were building up to a proper rep from an indie game with the inclusions of stuff like Shovel Knight as an Assist Trophy, as well as Sans and Cuphead as Mii Costumes & Shantae as a Spirit, so I feel Hollow Knight is getting a Mii Costume or Spirit Event now if anything now that we know Steve is the indie rep for this game

TheFrenchiestFry

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic