Forums

Topic: Hopes for 2021

Posts 101 to 105 of 105

Grumblevolcano

@Bolt_Strike I used to think that before this year (old games outside NSO being limited after the Wii U games had been ported over) but Nintendo's 2020 lineup and announcements makes me think the situation is different. Non-Wii U Nintendo old game releases outside NSO for each Switch year so far:

• 2017 - Nothing
  • 2018 - Pokemon Let's Go
  • 2019 - Link's Awakening
  • 2020 - Pokemon Mystery Dungeon DX, Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition, Mario 64, Mario Sunshine, Mario Galaxy, FE1

Seems to me like Nintendo's aware Wii U's usefulness is coming to an end in terms of ports so they're delving deeper into older systems. So like say for example in 2021 we get 3D World, WWHD, TPHD and maybe XCX from Wii U while also getting games from older systems like OoT, MM, Skyward Sword, Galaxy 2, Prime Trilogy, DKCR, a Pokemon remake, etc.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

TheFrenchiestFry

Nintendo BEEN knew the Wii U was a dead end and a void for profit. They announced the Switch's existence less than three years into the console's lifecycle. The 3DS practically carried them throughout the first half of the current console generation

Edited on by TheFrenchiestFry

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

Bolt_Strike

@Grumblevolcano Half of that list for 2020 is an anniversary compilation, so counting those games artificially inflates the totals. One of them is a $5.99 re-release of an NES game, which barely requires any manpower. That basically just leaves Mystery Dungeon and Xenoblade. Hardly a symptom of them going port crazy, throw in another new game or two to the 2020 lineup (which they probably intended for there to be) and this list doesn't look all that bad. 2020's lineup being so port happy seems to be a combination of the Wii U's failure and the pandemic.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

PSVR_lover

I am hoping for a Blue Reflection game.

The PSVR is the best VR system on the market today.

theWildLink

I might have too much of expectations for 2021 but it being Zelda's 35th anniversary I expect to see at least 3DS ports of Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask to Switch. Sequel to Breath of the Wild as well as Metroid Prime 4.

You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?

Switch Friend Code: SW-1849-2485-4394

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic