Forums

Topic: Hopes for 2021

Posts 21 to 40 of 102

Don

Please bring Rare Replay to Switch! Now that Microsoft and Nintendo are close buddies surely they can allow this release to happen.

Don

MonadoBoy

@ToadBrigade I'd love the Knight for Smash, I could definitely see him as a Mii costume. And speaking of Hollow Knight, I hope Team Cherry announces a release date for Silksong sometime soon.

MonadoBoy

TheFrenchiestFry

I know this is out there but since FF Tactics' sequels came out exclusively on Nintendo hardware I do hope there is a chance the original game (prefarably War of the Lions) gets a Switch port since so far it's still only on PlayStation hardware

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

BruceCM

There might well be both, @Ryu_Niiyama .... Then you'd just get the 'proper' one, presumably!

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Duboiss

@kkslider5552000 Amen 🙏 I agree with everything

With the popularity of Splatoon I really see a spin-off maybe a full on single-player game or like a rhythm game ? I’m not a splatoon player though.

Sonic Forces had only 2 people that where new to Sonic doing the level design that’s most likely why they looks unpolished. Can’t believe Sonic Team spent 4 years on Forces.

Duboiss

Ralizah

We know we're getting Nocturne HD Remaster, SMT V, Monster Hunter Rise, Persona 5 Scramble, and Ys IX. That pretty much made the year for me right there. Only way it's getting more epic is if we get something huge, like Breath of the Wild 2 or a new 3D Mario. My money is on BotW2, personally. I think it'll be the big holiday release in 2021.

I mean, there's a ton of stuff I'm interested in. We're finally getting a port of Super Mario 3D World. Monster Hunter Stories 2 looks gorgeous. S-E could salvage Bravely Default 2, which would add another good exclusive JRPG to the lineup. I'm still enthused about premium indies like Cris Tales and Baldo.

I think 2021 will be up there with 2017 as one of the system's best years.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

MarioVillager92

@Don Yes, I want that too!!! I guess if they could replace the 360 games with stuff like Diddy Kong Racing, Donkey Kong 64, and Star Fox Adventures, it would be doable. I would prefer to keep the Banjo games though, especially since Banjo's one of Smash Ultimate's DLC fighters.

If they could pull it off, I would no longer need to buy an Xbox. XD

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

NintendoByNature

Just zelda and metroid for 2021 and im ready to rock

NintendoByNature

TheFrenchiestFry

@Ralizah 2021 sounds like it's about to be a great year for RPG fans, not even just on Switch. Switch alone has stuff like Nocturne HD, SMT V, the Monster Hunter games and Bravely 2 but we're also getting P5S in the West on Switch and PS4, Ys IX, Horizon Forbidden West, Hogwarts Legacy, Tales of Arise (potentially), Vampire The Masquerade 2 and a giant info dump on Final Fantasy XVI

TheFrenchiestFry

CurryPowderKeg79

I hope in 2021 my local Adult Smoke shop opens back up. I've been without Some smoke since March. Who decided adult Smoke shops aren't an essential business and must be closed. This is enough to drive a man too drinking.On a gaming note i hope the Metroid Trilogy gets announced for Switch.

(CURRENTLY PLAYING)
ASPHALT 9: LEGENDS

Switch Friend Code: SW-3830-1045-2921

SKTTR

Excite Truck 2 and Excitebike 99
EarthBound Trilogy
Chibi-Robo (trilogy of the first three games in HD or a new 3D adventure)
F-ZERO 99 Death Race VR + Expansion Kit
Endless Ocean 3
Mystical Ninja Goemon
Cubivore
Doshin the Giant
Donkey Kong Country Maker
Sin and Punishment 3 and/or Mischief Makers 2
Tetrisphere HD
WarioWare DIY 2 + Showcase
GTA V
Quintet Collection (Soul Blazer, Illusion of Gaia, Terranigma)
Chrono Trigger Collection (Chrono Trigger, Radical Dreamers, Chrono Cross)

Edited on by SKTTR

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

Neoguardian86

What I hope for most is:
1. Zelda Collection (Ocarina, Windwaker, Twilight Princess)
2. A lot more re-releases from the Nintendo back catalog, even if they are that sh*tty digital limited release arrangement.
3. Metroid Prime Trilogy finally releases

New Games:
1. Zelda Breath of the Wild 2 releases
2. New Fire Emblem, it will be a remake of one of the older entries.
3. Eastward and Bear & Breakfast release in 2021
4. New Square Enix game in the style of Octopath Traveler.
5. New Sonic game, will be largely inspired by the Sonic Mania game.

A Man Can Dream:
1. New Advance Wars - whether new entry or a re-release, or remake.
2. Square Enix remakes older Final Fantasy entries with the Octopath style.
3. SuperGiant Games releases Pyre onto the Switch. Manages to find the time and resources and thinks it’s worth doing financially for them.

We already know a lot of things that are coming but a lot more that we don’t know. Nintendo has done this habit of giving us 2-3 month notice for next big release this year:

Nintendo Switch is mostly for Nintendo, Indie, and retro game.

Indies have been more surprised to me, it’s rare to find an indie like cyberpunk where we know of its existence and anticipate it for years. Plus because they are not established annualized IP’s can’t really predict what indie devs will come up with.

CURRENTLY PLAYING
Switch: live A Live
Playstation 5: Assassins Creed Origins
Xbox Series X:
iOS: Final Fantasy 6 Pixel Remaster
3DS XL:

PSN : Neoguardian86
Steam : GhostinShell86

Switch Friend Code: SW-5194-5130-4929 | 3DS Friend Code: 5430-0557-6118 | Nintendo Network ID: Neoguardian86

kkslider5552000

SKTTR wrote:

Excite Truck 2 and Excitebike 99
EarthBound Trilogy
Chibi-Robo (trilogy of the first three games in HD or a new 3D adventure)
F-ZERO 99 Death Race VR + Expansion Kit
Endless Ocean 3
Mystical Ninja Goemon
Cubivore
Doshin the Giant
Donkey Kong Country Maker
Sin and Punishment 3 and/or Mischief Makers 2
Tetrisphere HD
WarioWare DIY 2 + Showcase
GTA V
Quintet Collection (Soul Blazer, Illusion of Gaia, Terranigma)
Chrono Trigger Collection (Chrono Trigger, Radical Dreamers, Chrono Cross)

This is the best list that isn't mine.

though I think instead Nintendo should release HD Excite Truck and include Excitebots as an apology for how much they failed to market Excitebots.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Clyde_Radcliffe

Kirby's Air Ride 2 with online
A new Pilotwings
Paper Mario All-Stars (Paper Mario, Paper Mario TTYD and Super Paper Mario)

For SNES Online app: Mario RPG, Mario Paint, Mortal Kombat, The Lawnmower Man, Tiny Toons Buster Busts Loose and Killer Instinct

Arcade Archives: Rainbow Islands
Arcade Archives: Midnight Resistance

Sega Ages: Sonic CD
Sega Ages: Jet Set Radio
Sega Ages: Metropolis Street Racer
Sega Ages: Super Monkey Ball
Sega Ages: Sonic Colours
Sonic Adventure 3
Shenmue Trilogy

Street Fighter 5
Super Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo Online

Sims 4
Tony Hawks 1 and 2 Remake

Clyde_Radcliffe

Ralizah

@TheFrenchiestFry I'll be getting NieR Replicant, Ys IX, and Horizon Forbidden West on PS4 next year (assuming that last game runs well and isn't a deeply compromised last gen port; my guess is that it was designed primarily with the PS4 in mind, though, so it'll be a BotW situation where it runs well enough on the older hardware), but there's nothing on the newer hardware that's beckoning to me, currently (that FFXVI trailer was really disappointing).

Tales of Arise looks gorgeous, but I don't think we'll be seeing it next year.

I'm open to the Harry Potter game being good, but the concept, in and of itself, doesn't do much for me.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

TheFrenchiestFry

@Neoguardian86 You have no idea how much I would love to see Final Fantasy V remade by the Bravely/Octopath team. The games are already very similar in terms of their job systems and party management aspects but FFV has become way harder to access unless you want to settle for the terrible Steam port which is based on the mobile version with the blurrier sprites and UI that takes up half the screen.

TheFrenchiestFry

TheFrenchiestFry

@Clyde_Radcliffe SFV is pretty much never happening because Sony actually funded parts of the game's development in exchange for PlayStation 4 console exclusivity. It's not a VII Remake situation where it's endorsed by them as a timed exclusive.

TheFrenchiestFry

TheFrenchiestFry

@Ralizah I'm personally getting NiER on PC since that's how I played Automata in 2017, but Ys IX is something I'm definitely eyeing for PS4, and obviously SMT III and V are musts for Switch. I also really liked the first Bravely Default so Bravely 2 is on my watchlist as well

Since I already own an imported copy of Persona 5 S on Switch I'm going to get the English version on PS4 for the superior performance, and because of its nature as a direct sequel to P5, a game which I already own on the console.

TheFrenchiestFry

Clyde_Radcliffe

TheFrenchiestFry wrote:

@Clyde_Radcliffe SFV is pretty much never happening because Sony actually funded parts of the game's development in exchange for PlayStation 4 console exclusivity. It's not a VII Remake situation where it's endorsed by them as a timed exclusive.

Well it's just my dream list. That's a shame though! Surprised Capcom went down that route... Ultra Street Fighter 2 sold very well on Switch.

Edited on by Clyde_Radcliffe

Clyde_Radcliffe

TheFrenchiestFry

@Clyde_Radcliffe Capcom in 2014 was extremely different to Capcom now considering a few years ago they were doing considerably worse as a company thanks to games like Cross Tekken financially underperforming. There were even rumors that they were undergoing corporate restructuring just to be bought out by another company, with the leading bidder being Tencent. Sony stepping in to fund SFV in that case could've actually helped them in the same way Nintendo stepped in to save Bayonetta 2.

They released SFV in the lacking state they did just because they had to have a game out to restore investor faith and boost the company's value

Hopefully they're in a better financial state now and can actually make a good multiplatform fighter considering SFIV was on everything

Edited on by TheFrenchiestFry

TheFrenchiestFry

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic