Forums

Topic: Fire Emblem Engage for Nintendo Switch

Posts 841 to 842 of 842

Matt_Barber

Yeah, it just seems to be one of those things with the game that once you've benched a character they're never getting back off it again because you need everything you've got to keep your core team relevant.

Also, most of the late game characters are so good that you're probably going to want to carry a few passengers in the knowledge that they'll ultimately get benched too.

Matt_Barber

Sisilly_G

jump wrote:

I’ve just got around to playing this and it’s probably the most fun I’ve had in the series for awhile.

Same here. By the time this had released, I had virtually lost interest in the Fire Emblem series. The Warriors games do very little for me, and Three Houses was a massive disappointment (fantastic production values, but there was so much emphasis on the fluff at the school/monastery that it barely resembled a Fire Emblem game). I'll most likely revisit Three Houses at some point, and I enjoyed what I had played of it, but evidently not enough to hold my attention past the first few hours or so.

I bought Engage on sale just under a month ago and I've already clocked in 90+ hours. Utterly hooked. This is more or less everything that I wanted out of a new Fire Emblem, which plays a hell of a lot like Awakening/Fates that got me into the series in the first place. I almost wish that we had gotten a more simplified Solmniel as it was a bit tedious "doing the rounds" in between every bloody battle at first (and I'm such a grinder), but I eventually found my way around it, and it's not quite so annoying anymore.

jump wrote:

Less waifu anime silliness, more tough as fudge battles.

I didn't mind the silly romance elements of past entries. I'm just the tiniest bit disappointed that it's (sort of) gone, but the fact that all units can merge with any of the returning Emblems more than makes up for the lack of child units.

But ultimately, it's all about the battles.

jump wrote:

One thing that is really annoying me though is the skirmishes are on such a high level, I wanted to use them to level up my less used characters. It’s a really odd decision to have them be on higher levels than the story mode.

I've been grinding so much (it was just so damn fun) that when I would return to the normal stages (I'm up to Chapter 22 or so at the moment), most of my units were only getting 1-2 EXP per battle.

I've been trying to play in a balanced way so that pretty much everybody is viable in combat, and I tend to phase out the OP units so that the weaker ones get a chance to shine.

It's kind of ruined the fun of playing through the campaign, but again, there's consolation in the fact that my OP units won't be quite so against the randomly generated skirmishes later on.

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic