Forums

Topic: error code 2110-115 and how I fixed it

Posts 1 to 1 of 1

ItsBrokenDigital

Hello there,

As the owner of ItsBroken Digital, an IT consultancy agency based in Brisbane, Australia, I'm here to shed some light on a common issue plaguing Nintendo Switch OLED users: Wi-Fi connectivity errors, error code 2110-115. When your Switch refuses to connect to Wi-Fi and displays a persistent error message, it can be frustrating, especially considering the impact on online gaming, updates, and access to the digital store.

One prevalent but ineffective suggestion found across forums is to reset the router, which often yields no results. However, after some thorough investigation and insights from my brother-in-law, who experienced a similar issue, a potential solution emerged.

It appears that the Nintendo Switch might implement a protective measure in its software to disable malfunctioning hardware modules, such as the Wi-Fi module, due to overheating or other issues. To address this software-induced "softlock," a simple yet effective fix involves resetting the device's BIOS storage by briefly disconnecting the power source.

Here's a step-by-step guide to executing this solution:
1. Carefully disassemble the Nintendo Switch by removing the back plate.
2. Unplug the Wi-Fi antenna and remove the static shield to expose the PCB.
3. Locate and disconnect the battery connector (usually found on the bottom right-hand side of the board).
4. Wait for approximately 30 seconds before reconnecting the battery.
5. Power on the device and check the network connection to confirm if the issue persists.

If the problem persists despite these efforts, it's likely that the Wi-Fi module itself is faulty and requires replacement. However, it's crucial to note that attempting this fix should only be done if your device is outside of warranty. Additionally, you'll need a precision screwdriver kit with security bits to complete the process.

By following these steps, you can potentially resolve the Wi-Fi connectivity issue on your Nintendo Switch OLED and get back to enjoying uninterrupted gaming experiences. If you have any further questions or concerns, feel free to reach out for assistance.

ItsBrokenDigital

• Page 1 of 1

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic