Forums

Topic: Error 2123 1502

Posts 1 to 11 of 11

Kerrymcc1608

Hey everyone I have deleted all games off my storage and cleared my cache but my switch refuses to download the Just Dance 2020 I've been trying for 3 days...can anyone help please

Kerrymcc1608

Mr_Humpf

Hi Kerry, I'm been having lots of trouble with this one too. The thing that has worked best for me is changing my DNS settings, I then find when the error comes up, if I choose to continue over and over (sometimes 10 or 12 times) it will evenutally start downloading. Here's how to change your DNS settings.

1.Select “System Settings” from the HOME Menu of your Nintendo Switch console.
2.Select “Internet”, and then “Internet Settings”. Your Nintendo Switch console will automatically search for nearby Wi-Fi signals.
3.Select your network from the list of networks located under “Registered Networks”.
4.Select “Change Settings”, then scroll down and select "DNS Settings".
5.Select "Manual".
6.Select "Primary DNS" with the A Button, and then hold down the B Button to delete the DNS (it defaults to zeros).
7.Enter 8.8.8.8 as the primary DNS, and then select "OK".
8.Select "Secondary DNS" with the A Button, and then hold down the B Button to delete the existing DNS.
9.Enter 8.8.4.4 as the secondary DNS, and then select "OK

I've found that sometimes changing the DNS settings back from Manual to Automatic is enough to get things going again. Hope that helps. There isn't a proper solution that I know of at the moment. As you probably know it seems to have been caused by the last update.

Edited on by Mr_Humpf

Friend code: SW-4624-7969-8089

WoomyNNYes

@Kerrymcc1608 Nintendo still hasn't publicly addressed the issue since it appeared 1-2 weeks ago around update 12.0.3

The official troubleshooting page for the error code 2123-1502 is all there is. Mr_Humpf, above, correctly outlines the DNS settings part (which is the main thing people are doing).
**It doesn't work for everyone.

2123-1502 error code troubleshooting page:
https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a...

Nintendo UK support contact page has a phone number at the bottom of their email form. To get the email form & phone number, visit the Contact page, use the drop boxes: select Europe, then UK, then Category "Other".

Nintendo UK support Contact page
https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Support/Contact/General-Customer-S...

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Reprise

Christ almighty, is this still ongoing and not only have Nintendo done sweet f all about it, but they still haven't even aknowledged it? Guess I and others are going to be stuck with this issue for the rest of the Switch's life.

Reprise

Mr_Humpf

@Reprise I suspect there will be another update at some stage that increases stability... and discretely fixes the problem. Nintendo doesn't seem to like admitting they got anything wrong, they see it as a sign of weakness or something.

Edited on by Mr_Humpf

Henmii

Yesterday I downloaded one demo with ease, but the others just didn't want to download. They won't get E3 download sales from me, why would I pay for games I can't download? I hope Nintendo loses a lot of money, that way they are forced to do something about it. Also, this site who has hundreds of nonsense articles about Switch pro should be reporting about this everyday. Keep the pressure on!

Henmii

Mr_Humpf

@Henmii I totally agree. I hope NintendoLife keeps the story going, because more and more users are finding out they have the problem too as they try to buy and download new games. I'm out of the sale too. Solidarity brother.

Eel

I can sometimes get downloads going by putting the console to sleep right after the download window opens.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Dogorilla

I wouldn't have minded just waiting for Nintendo to fix this as I had nothing urgent to download, but now I've realised there's a Tetris 99 update I haven't downloaded so I can't play the new event until this glitch is fixed
I'll try what Eel suggested above and see if that helps.

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

Zeldafan79

Just last night i was suddenly able to download 2 whole games on the first try! Don't know if it was a fluke or if Nintendo is secretly working on it but that was strange. Whatever at least it worked for once.

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" Optimus Prime

Dogorilla

Mine seems to be working now too! 🎉

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

• Page 1 of 1

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic