Forums

Topic: E3 2021 Discussion Thread

Posts 81 to 100 of 592

RR529

Capcom & Bandai Namco are on at bad times for me, so it looks like Nintendo will be the last one I watch live.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Grumblevolcano

I'd rank them:

• Microsoft - 5/10 - Some good games, good pacing except FH5 (too long) and a few trailers with no meaningful info (e.g. Starfield, Outer Worlds 2), was good that it focused more on the near future (2021/2022)
  • Square Enix - 4/10 - CHAOS, didn't like that the Nintendo era FF games were not coming to Switch though
  • Ubisoft - 2/10 - Mario + Rabbids was the only redeeming announcement

I feel as though Capcom is probably going to overtake Microsoft just with MH Rise and MH Stories 2.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

link3710

@HotGoomba hahaha cause I typoed. I was trying to choose between a 6 and a 7 and I hit 1 somehow.

Edited on by link3710

link3710

TheFrenchiestFry

Ok so FF Origin is a prequel to FF1 but the protagonists look like they all shopped at JCPenney's or Gap

sure Nomura

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

VoidofLight

@TheFrenchiestFry One of the protagonists is just Cor from FFXV but recolored..

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Magician

The S-E presentation triggered me badly. FF1-FF6 Pixel Remaster for PC and mobile, no mention of a Switch port? If they aren't announced for Switch during Nintendo's presentation on Tuesday, I'll be triggered even worse. And MS just flat out won E3, 9/10, game after game after game after game...for nearly 90 minutes straight. I doubt Nintendo's presentation will be half as good (because it's half as long, lulz.)

If you're platform-agnostic and that presentation didn't sell you on Game Pass, you're either jaded or you've got an axe to grind.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

VoidofLight

@Magician doesn’t sell me on gamepass, since I don’t have an xbox, and I don’t really care for the games shown.

link3710

@Magician Guess I'm jaded then lol. I reaaaally just don't care about pretty much anything that was added to GamePass today. Either I already own the games (my BF is a huge Yakuza fan, and I've destroyed Hades so many times, and I've played or don't want to play most of Bethesda's back catalog), or... were there even any others announced?

I mean, I miiiiight consider getting it if it was on Switch, but quite frankly I don't spend enough time gaming at the TV or PC any longer to warrant it.

As for the presentation itself? Yeah, I'm more agreeing with you now. I just skimmed it again and found out that there were two fantastic looking games annoucned while I was having stream issues (Released and Shredders), and Atomic Heart could be interesting as well. Diablo II Remastered (despite me wanting to play it), Far Cry 6 (we literally spent too long on this just yesterday), Halo Infinite, Battlefield, Back4Blood, STALKER 2 (oof this game had a horrific trailer), Forza Horizons 2, Fallout 76 and the BS Starlink trailer were all things that held back an otherwise decent presentation.

Though, I guess that shows how much I dislike most of Microsofts big IPs lol. I do want to play Flight Simulator though, so there was at least one in-house game I liked!

link3710

Snatcher

NL should be streaming the pc game show, It has a good amount of switch games.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

link3710

@Snatcher I'm just tuning in now, but Dodgeball Academia looks fantastic. Chivalry 2 has my interest. Rawmen looks like a riot, I wanna try that one (surprised it's skipping Switch). They Always Run also looks good. Orcs Must Die is an actually decent tower defense, so 3 might be good. GigaBash will probably be meh, but I really want it to be good.

Wonder if any of these are coming to Switch

EDIT: Silt looks intriguing. Tinyking looks fantastic, like Pikmin meets Katamari. Sacrifire looks really good visually, hope the gameplay matches up. The Wandering VIllage could be good.

Edited on by link3710

link3710

HotGoomba

@VoidofLight Well IF you ever get one, get Game Pass. It's an excellent deal, and even if you're a PC gamer, Game Pass is still worth a look.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAy there.

Anti-Matter

@Magician
I don't even like Game Pass no matter how cheap and convenient they are.
I buy the games to play and own it forever, not by renting.

Anti-Matter

HotGoomba

@Anti-Matter
OlliOlli World
Minute of Islands
Sonic Colors Ultimate
KeyWe
Grow: Song of the Evertree
Dodgeball Academia

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAy there.

Anti-Matter

@HotGoomba
KeyWe
Grow: Song of the Evertree
I already knew these games. Definitely will get the physical release on either PS4 or Switch. 😀

Dodgeball Academia
This one looks interesting. 🙂
Dodge ball with RPG element.
The game also will be released on Switch and PS4. Hopefully physical release in the future. 🤟

Anti-Matter

VoidofLight

@HotGoomba Eh, my PC can't run anything that a console could run, aside from like FFXIV.

link3710

@Anti-Matter Yup! Dodgeball Academia, Tinykin, Rawmen, Lumberhill, and the Wandering Village all might be up your alley. They all look really good and very E rated / non-violent.

Also on my watch list, Lakeburg Legacies and Citizen Sleeper might both be very interesting.

Edited on by link3710

link3710

Anti-Matter

@link3710
Rawmen
Yo, what is this game ?
I saw some nakey nakey dudes with food themed armors and weapons. 😆

Lumberhill
Well... I need to see more gameplay first.
Still not really convinced.
I saw that game will be on Switch from the trailer I watched.

Tinykin looks like Pikmin games with better character design.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic