Forums

Topic: Dragon Quest XI + I, II & III

Posts 621 to 628 of 628

Tyranexx

@NintendoByNature Awesome, I noticed you started this one when I was on my Switch last! Just received this one for my birthday but have no clue when I'll play it yet. Let me know how it goes! I'm a newer DQ fan and have enjoyed the other games in the series I've played (IV, V, and VIII).

Currently playing: Secret of Mana (CoM/Switch), Pushmo

Switch Friend Code: SW-3478-2466-4791 | Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

Slowdive

@Ralizah Yeah, the "free" battle mode really does nothing special. You can move around, but attacking opponents from the back doesn't do extra damage. Kinda missed opportunity.

You can take me out of the '90s, but not the '90s out of me.

NintendoByNature

@Tyranexx yea I just fired it up a few days ago. I stopped playing Ys for the mario collection. And since I didn't play much of Ys I figured I'd get a good head start on this before age of calamity comes out. Aside from playing an hour of the 1st game this is my first real entry in the series.

NintendoByNature

Tyranexx

@NintendoByNature DQ is an excellent series, JRPG comfort food at its finest. All the stories I've experienced so far have ranged from decent to awesome. Definitely looking forward to this one when I get around to it. I need to pick a longer RPG to play over the winter, but...there's a bit of a list to choose from. XD

Currently playing: Secret of Mana (CoM/Switch), Pushmo

Switch Friend Code: SW-3478-2466-4791 | Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

NintendoByNature

@Tyranexx yea I hear ya. That's why I picked this. Not much for me from now til AoC so I can really focus on this game. Looking forward to the coming hours 🙂

NintendoByNature

chipia

So far I've only played the demo, but is it possible that DQ11 is way too easy?
I've actually activated the Stronger Monsters Draconian Quest, but still, it seems like you can easily avoid all regular enemies since they are so damned slow! Not much of a challenge, if you can avoid most battles. Does the whole game go on like this, or will enemies eventually become faster and unavoidable?
So far it seems that random battles would actually be a better design decision than having the enemies stand around on the field...

chipia

rallydefault

@chipia
I've stepped away from the game for a bit so I could be wrong, but if you just keep avoiding the regular battles won't you miss out on necessary/highly recommended experience gain?

rallydefault

Ralizah

@chipia Bosses are going to rip you up if you keep avoiding enemies in your environments.

In general, though, yes, it's not a tremendously difficult game. Most of the difficulty that is there comes later on.

If you want a game where random encounters will kick your butt, I recommend picking up the SMT III HD Remaster that's coming out next year.

ACTIVELY PLAYING
Switch Lite: Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic