Forums

Topic: Dragon Quest XI + I, II, III & Beyond

Posts 621 to 640 of 705

Magician

@COVIDberry

Nope, you're right.

My fault.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

jedgamesguy

Someone'll of course post it again when we get to the stream day, but here it is, so you can mark it on your calendar.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Ryu_Niiyama

I need them to announce a slime matcha bowl so I can complete my set.

Oh and um games too.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Dezzy

Oooo they announcing new games?

I want DQ8 remake for Switch and DQ12 on PS5, although I'm guessing PS5 may be a bit of a stretch given how few there are in Japan. They might do PS4/PS5 cross-gen though?

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Losermagnet

@Slowdive I own the DS games but I would much rather have them on the Switch (i imported the hard copy of I-II-III as well šŸ˜). I've even thought about selling the DS games because of how much they go for now. But I figure if I do that and they never come out on Switch then I'd have mondo seller's remorse.

Switch friend code: SW-2223-7827-8798
Give me a heads-up if you're going to send a request please.

Magician

So that DQ 35th Anniversary stream. It had its ups and downs.

DQ "eraser" puzzle game for mobile. Meh
DQX Online Ver. 6, "No plans for worldwide release." šŸ˜¢
DQX Offline. No official western release, but I'm hopeful that this it is how the west is getting DQX.
DQ III HD-2D Remake. Cool, I would've preferred DQ IX HD-2D, but I'll take it.
DQ Treasures. Looks to be an open world action/adventure spinoff, pretty cool.
DQ XII. Probably will be an Unreal Engine 5 game for PS5, XSX, and PC. Yeaaaaaaars away from now.

Edited on by Magician

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

BruceCM

Well, maybe they're going to do remakes like that for the rest, too, @Magician .... Or just remasters, etc? Not sure about the treasures one yet but maybe! Ditto the DQX offline version

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

link3710

I'd wager there's a better than even chance DQ XII will hit a Nintendo platform. That's where their strongest audience is after all. Probably not the Switch, or at least not the base model though.

link3710

Magician

Biggest take away might be how they described DQ XII as "Dragon Quest for adults". "We're changing the command battle system, while keeping portions of command battle." Are we talking about an action/rpg mainline DQ here? In any case, it seems their refusal to mention platforms during the presentation has added more fuel to the Switch Pro discussion.

Time stamp 45:09

Edited on by Magician

BruceCM

It's probably in such early stages they're not sure if it'll be on Switch or the successor ..... I'm certainly up for an ARPG darker themed DQ game, anyway, so I'll look forward to hearing more about it, sometime next year, lol

SW-4357-9287-0699

Tyranexx

I'm glad we have something on DQ XII, even if it is several years out. They didn't reveal much, but Horii's commentary on some of the planned changes was interesting.

In terms of solid footage, the big winner for me was DQ III HD-2D. I have yet to play anything in Octopath's visual style outside of demos, but MAN is it beautiful. I'm very glad I haven't played a version of III yet since this seems like this'll be THE definite version. Same with the first two DQs as well if the hints dropped during the stream are anything to go by.

I realize receiving the full Dragon Quest X MMO in the West is very likely never happening, but I do hope the offline version eventually migrates over. Unlike the "Version 6" announcement, I have yet to see anything that concretely suggests this is Japan-only.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

RR529

I wonder how much darker & "adult" DQXII will be compared to other entries.

I'm not inherently against it, but that seems to be exactly the same direction the next mainline FF is going too, so it'd be kind of redundant to go there with both of their big RPG franchises.

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Magician

Tyranexx wrote:

Unlike the "Version 6" announcement, I have yet to see anything that concretely suggests this is Japan-only.

It depends on how much content is being transplanted into the the offline version. The first few versions, or all the way up to version 6? Ten years of mmo text being translated into (how many languages were subbed and dubbed in the 35th Anniversary broadcast?) several different languages. If it is intended for a western release, we'll be lucky to get in 2025. Maybe later.

Tyranexx

I'm okay with some darkness in games if it's handled well. As long as they keep the series' signature DQ flavor and don't go for "So dark it's 'edgy'", I don't see it as a problem. Time will tell I suppose.

Magician wrote:

It depends on how much content is being transplanted into the the offline version. The first few versions, or all the way up to version 6? Ten years of mmo text being translated into (how many languages were subbed and dubbed in the 35th Anniversary broadcast?) several different languages. If it is intended for a western release, we'll be lucky to get in 2025. Maybe later.

I'm expecting it to be a sort of "lite" version of the game without some chunks of content. The amount of language translations did cross my mind (I believe they said during the stream that the presentation was being broadcast in six languages?), so I agree that this is a ways out if it's even coming West at all. šŸ¤ž

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

jedgamesguy

@Tyranexx I know, right?! I was all but screaming when I saw the absolute treatment it was given. I wanted to try out Dragon Quest III for a while but Iā€™m going to wait for this release.

Consider as well, the fact that itā€™s a remake. Not a remaster or a port; itā€™s a remake from the ground up. I knew this when seeing the 3D environments but also in comparison shots. This may also mean we get additional features like more content, spruced up music and more.

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

rallydefault

I'm very intrigued by a DQ that will be a bit "darker." I am someone who really enjoys the traditional JRPG systems the franchise has stuck with, but sometimes the aesthetics and too much silliness gets in my way of truly enjoying some of the titles.

rallydefault

Tyranexx

@TheJGG You were screaming? I was jumping for joy and lobbing money at the screen of my phone! The article with the comparison video indeed hammered home many of the comparisons. This does indeed fit the definition of a remake, at least in my book. They literally would've had to start from the ground up for something like this.

BruceCM

I do want to see & hear more about what they're doing with DQIII, @Tyranexx & @TheJGG .... But I'll definitely be getting that for Switch, unless it also comes to Steam I do hope they might do something with IV - IX, too!

SW-4357-9287-0699

jedgamesguy

Well to be fair @Tyranexx Dragon Quest XI was the first and to date only Dragon Quest title I've played, so for this series to mean that much with just one game speaks to how good XI was! Octopath Traveler may be a frustratingly grindy game but by God it was a looker. Easily one of the most beautiful games I've ever played and one of the most beautiful games on Switch. Some of the late-game areas are set at dusk, or sunset, and it made me swoon.

Untitled

I'm confident we'll find out by the end of the year, @BruceCM. I'm very willing to wait a bit more to get stuck into the ever popular Dragon Quest III, and if you read Yuji Horii's comments you'll know that the team are very interested in giving Dragon Quest I and II a similar treatment! So let's encourage them by getting the HD-2D DQ3 remake!

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic