Forums

Topic: Dragon Quest XI + I, II & III

Posts 601 to 620 of 628

Blooper987

@Magician I’m still holding out hope. I know it’s been forever but I believe it can still happen.

Blooper987

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

Quarth

So now I've beaten I and II in the Erdrick trilogy. Both gets a 7/10 from me. Enjoyable experiences. Just started up III and I can tell there's a sudden shift in quality. This one seems so more fleshed out and complex in comparison to the first two games. Hope it's not as cryptic as II.

Edited on by Quarth

Friend code: SW-3941-9887-2293

JoeDiddley

@Quarth are you playing on Switch? Do you get used to the graphics of these versions as I still find them a bit jarring from first impressions.

I’m wanting to play some Dragon Quest next after playing XI and V last year (probably VIII and III) so I’d be interested in how you find III.

Switch: SW-2923-8106-2126
PSN: joediddley

Quarth

@JoeDiddley I think they are OK. Would have loved if they had put some more effort into the graphics, like they did with the Final Fantasy remakes on PSP (currently playing FF1, beautiful sprite work), but at the end of the day, it doesn't matter that much. The games are solid regardless of how they look. But that's just my opinion.

Slowdive

Still the best reviews on Dragon Quest XI:

Got two import copies of Dragon Quest I • II • III last week; one to play and the other to fulfill my collector's desire. Hope we'll see the subsequent Zenithian Trilogy one day as well.

You can take me out of the '90s, but not the '90s out of me.

JoeDiddley

@Quarth fair enough. I might give the fan translated SNES version a go, but pick up the Japanese collection on Switch one day too.

@Slowdive I wish Tim Rogers could do a retrospective of other games in the series. Even a book I’d be interested in. Those videos didn’t sell me on XI but they solidified my love of that game.

Edited on by JoeDiddley

Quarth

@JoeDiddley Yeah, it's the Asian physical Switch version with all three games that I have. Love to have it in my collection, next to DQXI.

You said you also were interested in VIII. Don't sleep on it! The game's a masterpiece! I have it on 3DS.

Slowdive

@JoeDiddley Would love to see that happen as well.

JoeDiddley

@Quarth VIII I’ve had since Christmas and I’m likely to play next, I’m always drawn to III too. I’m looking forward to it.

LEGEND_MARIOID

@Slowdive A truly magnificent game. Loved it. Poured enormous amounts of hours into this.

"They say video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock n' roll."

Quarth

@JoeDiddley Sounds great! I think both VIII and XI are 10/10.

Slowdive

Happy to see this masterpiece having done so well.

"Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age and Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age S‘s combined sales have passed six million units worldwide. This number includes both physical and digital copies."

Via Siliconera

Slowdive

@LEGEND_MARIOID Sorry for the late reply; same here. Just did a full completionist run of the game - everything explored, picked up, defeated, talked to, etc. incl. post-game content. One of the very few games that didn't feel exhausting after hundred plus hours of playtime. By contrast, I love Xenoblade Chroncicles: Definitive Edition, but that is a very exhausting game if you want to get everything out of it, part due to the extremely large maps as well as the tedious running speed of the characters.

Edited on by Slowdive

toiletduck

I should get back to this, I'm only at around ~20% I guess. I thoroughly enjoyed the first part, but then it lost my interest somehow. Probably too much dialogue to get through before actually playing.

I'll probably give it another swing after AC: Black Flag and the 3D Marios.

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

Dezzy

Slowdive wrote:

Happy to see this masterpiece having done so well.

"Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age and Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age S‘s combined sales have passed six million units worldwide. This number includes both physical and digital copies."

I think that makes it the best selling in the whole series. Well done them!

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

NintendoByNature

Hey everyone, I'm just about an hour and a half into DQ11. Not sure if this is standard or if I need to adjust something in the settings but during battles, I cant pick who I want to attack. I cant pick what I do( magic or standard attack). Is there anyway to fix that?

NintendoByNature

Ralizah

@NintendoByNature You should DEFINITELY be able to pick who you attack and what action you're using. Do you have auto-battle on, maybe?

ACTIVELY PLAYING
Switch Lite: Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch

NintendoByNature

@Ralizah ill check but I definitely didn't put it on. I havent even seen an option for auto battle

Edit: I just Googled how to turn off auto battle and I read you need to go into tactics and select follow orders. Kind of a hidden (and silly) way to turn off auto attack.

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

Ralizah

@NintendoByNature Oh yeah, I forgot that was a thing. While you're at it, I recommend turning on the classic camera option and turning up the battle speed.

ACTIVELY PLAYING
Switch Lite: Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic