Forums

Topic: Dragon Quest XI + I, II, III & Beyond

Posts 601 to 620 of 705

JoeDiddley

@Quarth VIII I’ve had since Christmas and I’m likely to play next, I’m always drawn to III too. I’m looking forward to it.

Switch: SW-2923-8106-2126
Steam ID: joediddley
https://myanimelist.net/profile/JoeDiddley

LEGEND_MARIOID

@Slowdive A truly magnificent game. Loved it. Poured enormous amounts of hours into this.

"They say video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock n' roll."

Quarth

@JoeDiddley Sounds great! I think both VIII and XI are 10/10.

Friend code: SW-3941-9887-2293

toiletduck

I should get back to this, I'm only at around ~20% I guess. I thoroughly enjoyed the first part, but then it lost my interest somehow. Probably too much dialogue to get through before actually playing.

I'll probably give it another swing after AC: Black Flag and the 3D Marios.

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

Dezzy

Slowdive wrote:

Happy to see this masterpiece having done so well.

"Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age and Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age S‘s combined sales have passed six million units worldwide. This number includes both physical and digital copies."

I think that makes it the best selling in the whole series. Well done them!

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

NintendoByNature

Hey everyone, I'm just about an hour and a half into DQ11. Not sure if this is standard or if I need to adjust something in the settings but during battles, I cant pick who I want to attack. I cant pick what I do( magic or standard attack). Is there anyway to fix that?

NintendoByNature

Ralizah

@NintendoByNature You should DEFINITELY be able to pick who you attack and what action you're using. Do you have auto-battle on, maybe?

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

NintendoByNature

@Ralizah ill check but I definitely didn't put it on. I havent even seen an option for auto battle

Edit: I just Googled how to turn off auto battle and I read you need to go into tactics and select follow orders. Kind of a hidden (and silly) way to turn off auto attack.

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

Ralizah

@NintendoByNature Oh yeah, I forgot that was a thing. While you're at it, I recommend turning on the classic camera option and turning up the battle speed.

Tyranexx

@NintendoByNature Awesome, I noticed you started this one when I was on my Switch last! Just received this one for my birthday but have no clue when I'll play it yet. Let me know how it goes! I'm a newer DQ fan and have enjoyed the other games in the series I've played (IV, V, and VIII).

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

NintendoByNature

@Tyranexx yea I just fired it up a few days ago. I stopped playing Ys for the mario collection. And since I didn't play much of Ys I figured I'd get a good head start on this before age of calamity comes out. Aside from playing an hour of the 1st game this is my first real entry in the series.

NintendoByNature

Tyranexx

@NintendoByNature DQ is an excellent series, JRPG comfort food at its finest. All the stories I've experienced so far have ranged from decent to awesome. Definitely looking forward to this one when I get around to it. I need to pick a longer RPG to play over the winter, but...there's a bit of a list to choose from. XD

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

NintendoByNature

@Tyranexx yea I hear ya. That's why I picked this. Not much for me from now til AoC so I can really focus on this game. Looking forward to the coming hours 🙂

NintendoByNature

chipia

So far I've only played the demo, but is it possible that DQ11 is way too easy?
I've actually activated the Stronger Monsters Draconian Quest, but still, it seems like you can easily avoid all regular enemies since they are so damned slow! Not much of a challenge, if you can avoid most battles. Does the whole game go on like this, or will enemies eventually become faster and unavoidable?
So far it seems that random battles would actually be a better design decision than having the enemies stand around on the field...

chipia

rallydefault

@chipia
I've stepped away from the game for a bit so I could be wrong, but if you just keep avoiding the regular battles won't you miss out on necessary/highly recommended experience gain?

rallydefault

Ralizah

@chipia Bosses are going to rip you up if you keep avoiding enemies in your environments.

In general, though, yes, it's not a tremendously difficult game. Most of the difficulty that is there comes later on.

If you want a game where random encounters will kick your butt, I recommend picking up the SMT III HD Remaster that's coming out next year.

Magician

Today is Dragon Quest's 35th anniversary stream.

Any hope for a Dragon Quest Heroes I & II western release?

We also had those DQ IX Remake for Switch rumors floating around a couple years ago.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Losermagnet

I'm a bit surprised they haven't ported over IV, V, and VI. They have mobile ports of those and the DS versions are stupid expensive.

Switch friend code: SW-2223-7827-8798
Give me a heads-up if you're going to send a request please.

CANOEberry

@Magician Multiple sources are reporting that the live stream will take place on the 27th. Are you referring to some other stream? If I'm wrong, I'd be obliged if you would share the link 😊

CANOEberry

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic