Forums

Topic: Dark Souls Remastered \[т]/

Posts 281 to 300 of 1,002

Ryzaerian

I love this whole genre of ego-destroying, cruel, punishing, sadomasochistic blood games.

That’s not sarcasm. This is a day one purchase for me.

Maybe I should look into some counseling. 😁

P.S. Animus - Stand Alone and Animus - Harbinger are both coming to Switch. They’re frequently referred to as “the Dark Souls of mobile.” If you want a free taste, check out Ire: Blood Memory on iOS or Android. Same company, and they do it really well.

Edited on by Ryzaerian

Friend Code: SW-4697-0836-1490

Currently playing: Warframe, Diablo 3, Splatoon 2, Paladins, Zelda: BotW, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Bastion.

“...and we will send you to whatever god you wish.”

cambotero

EvilLucario wrote:

I just recently beat this game on PC so I might cancel my Switch pre-order, but it's certainly a fantastic game.

But I instantly changed the controls to be like Bayonetta. Having the attack buttons on shoulder buttons is a big no-no for me. (Not looking forward to God of War 2018 for that reason alone)

Default controls are driving me crazy!
I'm taking potions all the freaking time instead of attacking :/

cambotero

Ryzaerian

cambotero wrote:

When you’re ready to talk about your drinking problem, we’ll all be here for you.

Currently playing: Warframe, Diablo 3, Splatoon 2, Paladins, Zelda: BotW, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Bastion.

FragRed

Ryzaerian wrote:

cambotero wrote:

When you’re ready to talk about your drinking problem, we’ll all be here for you.

What you mean? I thought the idea of this game was to take a shot each time you died??

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Ryzaerian

FragRed wrote:

Ryzaerian wrote:

cambotero wrote:

What you mean? I thought the idea of this game was to take a shot each time you died??

😁

I’d be dead within hours.

CroRock

Already considering to cancel my preorder. I don’t mind being killed every 30 seconds but loading times after that is killing it for me.
And those controls.. character is moving like he is stupid. Hard to control him with joycons and camera is wierd sometimes.
I don’t know.. maybe I just need to calm down a bit. I’ll give it a second chance tomorrow.

Edited on by Octane

3DS - 2294 - 4578 - 7970
SW - 3371 - 1931 - 2042

GrailUK

Nice game. Not a fan of being speared through a wall mind.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

EvilLucario

Just finished the Bell Gargoyle fight on the demo. Controls and plays well, but I've never played Dark Souls in 30fps, only 60fps so I can't tell if it's a locked 30fps. But I'm not sure if it's a consistent 30fps, something felt off to me and I felt some jitter when rotating the camera.

Now DigitalFoundry has stated in the past that Dark Souls (and Bloodborne) suffer from bad frame pacing so that may be it and not an inconsistent 30fps.

@CroRock The best way I can describe Dark Souls is a 3D Castlevania. Lots of weighty movement, very deliberate and slow actions, etc. The game is balanced around the slow combat so don't worry about being hopelessly outmatched.

A tip I can give is unequip all the armor you're given. The less equipment load you have, the quicker you can move. So you can dodge-roll extremely quickly and react quicker.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Ryzaerian

If you don’t have at least one complete, emotional breakdown while playing this, you’re simply doing it wrong.

🍺

JaxonH

I remember playing Dark Souls 3. Kept dying right away at the training boss 100 ft from where you start the game.

Over and over and over I died. Seemed hopeless and I wasn't getting any farther. Then on my 7th or 8th try, I beat him.

I experienced walls like this repeatedly during my first few hours in the game. Hit a boss, die so fast I'd say no, this is impossible. It can't be done. Not by me anyways. Then... I'd beat that impossible boss, after goodness knows how many attempts. Slowly and steadily I was getting better and improving at the game.

It's fun as heck. But persistence. Is. Mandatory.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Ryzaerian

@JaxonH

A perfect summary of this genre. Maybe we could start a support group for Switch Dark Souls players...😁

“Hi, my name is Ryz, and I’ve died 43 times in 90 minutes.”

Group: “Hi Ryz.”

Edited on by Ryzaerian

FragRed

@Ryzaerian I am losing my hair as it is, I can't afford an emotional breakdown playing this game.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Ryzaerian

@FragRed You should definitely sign up for the support group then. Free coffee and donuts too.

Quarth

I thought it was funny when I swung the broadsword with one hand through some barrels and the character wobbled around like a drunk, almost crashing himself into the wooden boxes.

The game seems really difficult (at least now in the beginning), but I don't think it has to do with the game itself. It's me that need to learn and improve (learning the control scheme is the number one priority).

Friend code: SW-3941-9887-2293

Toy_Link

This game truly is the Dark Souls of Dark Souls!

Legal threats that have gone nowhere: 1

ValhallaOutcast

@EvilLucario yup its a game about patience and slow fights, if you read the patterns and there is only time for 1 or 2 hits before having to roll away dont get greedy and try and get extra hits in

Friend Code SW-4365-4821-7317

Ryzaerian

@ValhallaOutcast

As simplistic as your assessment sounds, it’s dead-on for this game and most others in the genre. I’d say like 80 percent of my rookie deaths were due to trying to land another hit when I didn’t have the time/opening. This game will punish you severely for a lack of patience.

ValhallaOutcast

@Ryzaerian my lack of patience makes me terrible at these games, I am a button mash at heart and cant shake that in some situations

I still own all 3 DS games and NiOH on PS4 and I will be getting this remastered on Switch but I have to figure a way to make by hands listen to my brain lol

Friend Code SW-4365-4821-7317

EvilLucario

@Ryzaerian Dark Souls is actually an extremely simple game which curbs a lot of the difficulty. It's not as fast or complex as Bayonetta and other such action games, it's just pattern reading and knowing when to not over-extend yourself.

On the other hand, being aggressive and staggering guys before they get the jump on you is always good too. Enemies die extremely easily in Dark Souls.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Dezzy

Well I hope the Switch and other consoles do better than the PC version did. Lol this remastered version apparently killed the online following. I guess people just didn't want to rebuy something that had no major upgrades (given that the hardcore followers had already modded it for higher resolution and framerate)

Untitled

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic