Forums

Topic: Crash Bandicoot N'Sane Trilogy

Posts 101 to 116 of 116

kkslider5552000

me watching people complain about the graphics of the Switch port of Crash after playing the original Ps1 games

Untitled

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Sisilly_G

@kkslider5552000 : This game's graphics, of all things, is such a stupid reason to be getting bent out of shape over. Kids these days...

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

rallydefault

@kkslider5552000
lol yea, pretty much.

Anyway, can we take this thread to pretty much where any Crash thread SHOULD go?

I HATE THE HIGH ROAD, AMIRITE?!?!

rallydefault

Buizel

I honestly didn't find The High Road that bad this time round.

In fact - I strangely found the game much less frustrating on the Switch than in previous plays (the original as a PSone classic on PS3/PSVita, and N-Sane on PS4). Maybe it's the controls? Or maybe I'm finally getting used to the game's physics?

Tbf I'm not going for 100% completion. That would probably drive me nuts.

At least 2'8".

Buizel

Dear God, the ice physics in this game are perhaps the worst in any game I've ever played. They just don't seem to make sense. Why does Crash suddenly feel super heavy?

At least 2'8".

Heavyarms55

I gotta say, I forgot how unforgiving these games can be. After fighting your way through a mission that took 15 attempts to beat and then the game mocking you with the whole dropping boxes on your head thing... It's like the game giving you the middle finger, despite clearing the stage.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Gameplay_Matters

Is this a good game to get as physical? E.g. is an installation necessary (apart from updates)?
If not, how big is the file size?

Gameplay_Matters

Gameplay_Matters

Thanks, guys, I can answer myself now. It's the perfect game for purchasing as a physical. No installation, no updates (yet) and fast load times.

Gameplay_Matters

Gameplay_Matters

I feel bad posting three times in a row, but...

I completed Crash Bandicoot 2 (by far the best of the trilogy) and I am only at 99%. I am pretty sure I got all of the gems and I had 100% on PSX. Did they change something? Where is the 42nd clear gem?

Please don’t tell me I have to do the time trial challenges for every map... Or did I seriously miss something?

Gameplay_Matters

Gameplay_Matters

Well, great... After I did the time challenges for the first 15 levels, I found the level where I missed to smash all boxes... So, no, you can get 100% without the speedrun crap. Finally got the 100% then.

I also completed the original Crash Bandicoot with 100% yesterday. The controls are a bit wonky, but other than that I think it's the easiest game of the bunch. The learning curve is steeper but the secrets are easy to find. I also dig the atmosphere of this game most.

Unfortunately there is no way around the time trials on Crash Bandicoot 3 which makes it the most annoying part of the trilogy. I also don't dig the very randomly themed levels and the physics with the wave race, flying and racing are close to terrible. Most of the added skills aren't even useful. CB3 feels very forced and it is clear that back in the day they just wanted to say "hey Nintendo, we have have water physics too".

Anyway, for a game that dominates the charts for so long, this is a pretty dead discussion thread.

Gameplay_Matters

GeoChrome

Sure, it’s on CoolMath.com

Reading: Too much
Watching: Not enough
Playing: SMTV

Switch Friend Code: SW-6148-2681-7704

GeoChrome

I want to play Tank Trouble Reignited Trilogy, where can I find it?
@ReaderRagfihs It’s definitely on CoolMath. It’s right between Red Ball and which US President are you.

Reading: Too much
Watching: Not enough
Playing: SMTV

Switch Friend Code: SW-6148-2681-7704

Agriculture

Crash is an interesting series, it takes the worst parts about 2D & 3D plattformers, and then makes a game that is really good. It has the linear levels with almost no exploration from 2D games, and the awkward platforming of 3D games and somehow makes it work.

Agriculture

NintendoByNature

For crash 2, are you required to get the purple crystal in each level or if you miss some there are enough extra levels where you can still get the 25 needed?

NintendoByNature

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic