Forums

Topic: Bravely Default II (Nintendo Switch)

Posts 301 to 320 of 733

Crispe

@VoidofLight '['spoiler']' ... '['/spoiler']' without the apostrophes.
testing

Edited on by Crispe

Crispe

VoidofLight

@Crispe Thanks!

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

VoidofLight

Slight spoilers for the game. I heard that there were two fakeout endings in this game. So that'd probably explain why some people have differing views on the end, and why some reviews say that the game itself has a huge post-game. It's because some of the people playing and reviewing it saw the credits and pretty much thought it was the end of the game.

Diddy64

@shining_nexus Agreed. So far I have enjoyed this game.

Undergoing games:
Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity

VoidofLight

A few gripes I have right now are the enemy variety and the grinding. The grinding is most of the gameplay of this game from the looks of it. I spent multiple hours grinding just to be able to take on a story boss. Then the enemies are all pretty much just recolors of one another so far. There's the occasional new ones, but for the most part a lot of the enemies are the same.

shining_nexus

VoidofLight wrote:

A few gripes I have right now are the enemy variety and the grinding. The grinding is most of the gameplay of this game from the looks of it. I spent multiple hours grinding just to be able to take on a story boss. Then the enemies are all pretty much just recolors of one another so far. There's the occasional new ones, but for the most part a lot of the enemies are the same.

I was initially impressed with the enemy models in the beginning and it was kinda disappointing seeing those re-skins in the next chapter.

shining_nexus

shining_nexus

I’m glad they got rid of random encounters. They’re the worst. It works in some RPGs, like Etrian Odyssey, where movement is basically turn based. It made Octopath Traveler dungeons feel sluggish and annoying to explore.

shining_nexus

VoidofLight

@shining_nexus Yeah, the enemy models are really really good looking, but all the chapters pretty much share the same models, with different skins. Heck, even in chapter 2, the game has that issue. especially a certain boss fight..

shining_nexus

The card game is pretty fun and a nice distraction from the main story. For those starting out, I recommend not skipping any side quests and exploring past areas after certain parts of the story. Besides the exp and JP you’re gonna need for the main campaign, some quests offer additional lore, challenges, and rewards. Well worth the time to complete.

shining_nexus

Crispe

I bowed out after 20 hours or so. The grind just became too much. Even though there are no random encounters, the encounters are so frequent (especially in dungeons) that it still feels like you're moving through molasses. I think it's a good enough game but it's just a little too much for me.

Crispe

VoidofLight

@Crispe I'm slowly starting to feel more and more like I want to drop the game. I want to see it through, but at the same time, the game itself is mostly just grinding and the bosses can be extremely unfair, since they can heal themselves.

komodo182

@VoidofLight try changing jobs and abilities around. I can't say I have been grinding much in this game and I'm near the endgame.

@Crispe you can avoid the enemies quite easily if you try and dodge them as they near you.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6361-0099-3716

Diddy64

@VoidofLight The easiest way to defeat most of the bosses in chapter 2 is (SPOILER ALERT) capturing many Petunias in the forest were you fight one of the Asterisk bosses (END OF SPOILER). I had to collect many of those to prepare to fight the third boss of this chapter. You can use two jobs if necessary and it will be easy that way My phone can't put the spoiler tags, since it's an old model. Sorry for the inconvenience to the others.

Undergoing games:

VoidofLight

@Diddy64 Ah alright, I'll try that out! Thank you.

Diddy64

@VoidofLight Your welcome 😊

Undergoing games:

Cynas

I just got to the section where you can play the card game B n' D. Does anyone know if this spoils any future jobs/NPCs? I love being surprised by the jobs when they show up in the story, so I'd hate to see them all now, but I'd also like to unlock the Gambler job. Currently just have the first 8 jobs.

Edited on by Cynas

Cynas

Switch Friend Code: SW-5466-6715-6498

Diddy64

@Cynas If you mean that said job quest spoils future things, then you don't have to worry. I clear that job quest and it didn't spoil or mention anything about the main story. In this one you get to see what happened to a previous character you meet, but it doesn't relate to the crystals or anything important.

Undergoing games:

shining_nexus

@VoidofLight I can see what you mean. I’m in Chapter 2 right now and it seems like a rinse and repeat of previous chapters. Combat is getting repetitive, but the bosses are still challenging for me for now (they are getting easier with more jobs available).

Sometimes taking a break isn’t a bad idea. I’ve done this many times and I usually end up going back to the game having fun.

Personally, I’m still enjoying my time with it. The battles are somewhat of a zen like experience for me and I absolutely love customizing my party. The characters are really growing on me and the story is actually really surprising me with some mature themes. Some jobs seem kind of broken, but that’s what makes this system so fun to tinker with.

shining_nexus

shining_nexus

@Diddy64 that side quest really surprised me with the extra lore and job. Sure, there are a lot of mindless fetch quests, which seems like it’s there for padding, but then there are cool ones like the card game one.

shining_nexus

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic