Forums

Topic: Bravely Default II (Nintendo Switch)

Posts 221 to 240 of 733

LzWinky

For spoilers sake, I will cover my question.

Is it as repetitive at the end like the first game?

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

VoidofLight

@LzWinky Haven't played all the way through yet, but I highly doubt it will be, especially since I don't see them reusing that same twist again. They didn't for Bravely Second either.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Suicune

Have played about 20 hours already, which is a good sign. The game doesn't impress, but it also doesn't seek to impress; it's just good old-school jrpg fun. The grinding is a bit much though, I feel, thankfully the battle system is so great. Strangely enough, the only thing where the game lets me down is with it's main 4 characters, they are utterly forgettable ... Both design wise as their personality. The other characters are much better.

Suicune

VoidofLight

@Suicune I spent like 7 hours in game already, and I think about 2 of those were grinding. However, yeah I agree that this game is pretty good honestly. I really do like the main characters, their designs and personality both.

JaxonH

I love it. It's exactly what I was wanting.

It's just old school JRPG but it does it so well. The combat is super fun, can crank it on 4X speed and fly. Monster designs are amazing, bosses are good, and I love the 4 main characters. They're really endearing.

I wish they released amiibo for the 4 main characters. Instead we'll just get our 35th Mario amiibo, 71st Zelda amiibo and 27th Splatoon amiibo. The idea of amiibo used to be interesting because it meant figures of fave characters, but they never use it for anything beyond their biggest franchises now. Not even Fire Emblem got amiibo. This game never stood a chance.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

VoidofLight

@JaxonH An old school JRPG, but I expect at least something more modern for it's story, since the Bravely games, at least from what I've heard, have some pretty interesting twists.

JaxonH

@VoidofLight
According to Seth Macy who did the IGN review, the game does have really good twist moments like the first game.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

BruceCM

Well, I'm enjoying it a lot so far .... Not having played the previous ones, I can only compare it to Final Fantasy games, since it does have a lot of similarities but does things differently enough, too! Getting some twists so far & I'm sure there's bigger ones to come

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

VoidofLight

@JaxonH Can't wait to see what they are. Still in chapter 1, but I feel like I'll be able to get it done soon.

Crispe

I think I might have hit the wall already lol. The boss fights and some of the rare monster fights are waaaay too long and boring. Twice I've had to just turn my console off because I couldn't be bothered seeing the fight to the end.

Crispe

VoidofLight

Eh. I'm pretty used to long fights that make you think. Octopath was the first game that got me into stuff like that, with Persona being second. These fights really take about 30 minutes to do, at least from experience, and they're pretty engaging. I love how they actually make you think things out before actually committing to them.

Crispe

I've probably mangled my squad by levelling them up as freelancers for the JP Up and JP Up Up passives. So while its easy to keep my crew alive, I probably don't have enough dps firepower to keep the boss fights from being absolute slogs. I'm running vanguard, white mage, black mage, monk with freelancer. The monk is by far my favourite class so far.

Crispe

JaxonH

Final Fantasy X is the game that really introduced me to proper, long boss battles that challenged me to the core.

It makes the game interesting. Provided they're not too hard, of course. But Bravely Default, even on Casual, has tough boss fights.

VoidofLight

@JaxonH The Casual mode is practically a normal mode, while the normal mode is effectively hard mode.

Crispe

I've done 3 boss fights I think and haven't found them that hard (on normal) just loooooong.
I did a rare monster fight that I thought I was levelled up enough for but took me like an hour to get half its health down. In hindsight I should've just bailed on it and come back later, I think that's the key with this game.

I do think that the JP from battles is way too stingey though.

Crispe

VoidofLight

@Crispe If you're now in chapter 1, the next boss should shake things up big time.

VoidofLight

@Crispe Ah. I'm so close to where you are. I believe I'm a boss before that. To me, the boss right at the start of chapter 1 is pretty difficult unless you know exactly what you're doing. Heck, the boss after him is even harder due to their minions, at least for me.

alpacatears

I think the explore option in the game is a pretty great feature. Being given a steady supply of JP and Exp orbs can help to take some of the sting out of grinding for the different job types.

My current method for using them is to give characters the first few job levels when they try new roles so they don't have such a tiny pool of moves to play with from the get-go.

alpacatears

shining_nexus

alpacatears wrote:

I think the explore option in the game is a pretty great feature. Being given a steady supply of JP and Exp orbs can help to take some of the sting out of grinding for the different job types.

For the JP orbs I’m planning to use them to max out the Freelancer class first on each character for the JP Up abilities, as this may hopefully help mitigate the grinding.

shining_nexus

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic