Forums

Topic: Bayonetta 3

Posts 101 to 120 of 423

Snatcher

The game is going to be just fine, people have waited so long for this, I mean the fact that it looks like it’s helping the game, and some people buying it just because they did not appreciate her attitude.

And just like you guys said she is probably going to hurt her career by doing this on top of burning whatever bridges she had left with Nintendo and platinum. On top of Hideki Kamiya kinda just being the guy he is, probably isn’t happy with the stunt she pulled.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

MsJubilee

Snatcher wrote:

Platinum isn’t even committing a crime, there just being extremely cheap, and they gave her a bad deal. Don’t think it’s something worth boycotting one of the most anticipated games that everyone has been waiting for over.

I think Platinum games wanted to get rid of her. But didn't have the guts to tell her.

Anyway. This game isn't getting any goty nominations or high reviews. The backlash will be overwhelming.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Snatcher

@MsJubilee Yeah probably not after all this, but I still think the game will do just fine with people, but reviewers, I would be sorta surprised.

I don’t know to much history with the voice actress and plat, so why do you think they wanted tog etc rid of her? Because company’s definitely do little cheeky stuff like this to get rid of people.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

VoidofLight

Yeah, if she's breaking NDA like I've heard, it's most likely not going to end well for her. I don't think she's going to be voicing Bayo anymore. It's a shame though, since I heard she really did a good job with the character, and I do think voice actors do deserve more pay than what they get, but this definitely isn't the way to go about it.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Snatcher

@VoidofLight Voice actors are what brings are favorite characters to life, so I agree they should be payed more. But putting that aside, she what?

Edited on by Snatcher

NintendoByNature

It's sad this whole thing is getting more traction than the game itself, which Is shaping up to be a goty contender..

NintendoByNature

Snatcher

@NintendoByNature It seems to be getting the game a boost in sale according to Amazon at least.

JaxonH

@Snatcher
I'm convinced of that fact now.

It's up to #41 on the Amazon Best Sellers list.

Mind you, 2 hrs ago it was at #44, and 2 hrs before that, it was #46, and 2 hrs before that, it was #48, and yesterday it was between #60 and #80.

It's definitely trending up as of the last 12 hrs. And it's evident this trend did not exist beforehand, as I've been watching it closely for weeks now. It was hanging around the #85 spot the last week or two

So ya. They don't say "all press is good press" for nothing. There's some legitimate truth behind it. As long as the press coverage isn't something actually dire that would turn normal people off, it's a net boon. We're seeing that unfold in real time before our very eyes.

@MsJubilee
That's actually a plausible theory. I'm not convinced the offer was bad as of yet, since I'm estimating 80 minutes dialog taking 80 hrs for $4,000 to equate to a 6 figure annual salary, but I could be wrong. Maybe it is low. But if so, it's quite possible they wanted her out. I mean, she's good, but the first two games didn't exactly set the charts on fire. Perhaps they wanted the 3rd entry to go bigger, and switching to a more capable VA was on their to-do list. The fact they went for Jennifer Hale, of all people, tells me they weren't looking to cheapen out. They wanted the best (and I know this may offput some ppl, but she may end up doing a better job... everything I've heard from her trailer lines has been excellent)

And if that is the case, there's nothing wrong with that. Devs should have the right to hire whoever they want. They're not contractually obligated to be stuck with a VA for all eternity. Nor are they morally obligated. It's business. It's all mutually voluntarily transactions. Only if both sides agree does the transaction take place. She had the right to refuse returning if she desired. So why wouldn't they retain the right to hire someone else?

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Snatcher

@JaxonH The fact that it went from 60 to 40 alone is a feat, let alone 80 to 40, so yeah, She did nothing but help sales and made herself look petty. And probably damaged her career.

On top of a possible nda break, and hearing the last time she did the role she only worked 4 days up to 4 hours each, she didn’t have to take the deal, and she didn’t, but now she wants to throw a tantrum about it because somebody was fine with the cash they received, the more a hear about it, the less I’m on her side. And I never really was, just understood where she came from, and what just made sense.

KryptoniteKrunch

It's also pretty messed up to call for a boycott because there's much more that went into the game than her potential voice work. So the developers and other voice actors deserved to be punished and possibly lose future work or relationships because of her?

Kinda glad this situation is actually increasing sales honestly.

Edited on by KryptoniteKrunch

KryptoniteKrunch

Nintendo Network ID: KryptoniteKrunch

JaxonH

@Snatcher
Do you have a source on her working 4 days? I don't doubt it but it would be nice to have verifiable confirmation for those who think it was grossly unfair. Would certainly provide crucial context that's missing atm

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Snatcher

@JaxonH I was hearing people say it in the comment section, and that it was apart of an interview, I will see if ai can find official conformation.

Snatcher

@JaxonH Someone gave me the link to the interview, here ya go, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1k7Cwr66O0&t=452s

VoidofLight

@JaxonH I feel like if she was willing to break a Non-Disclosure Agreement, then they most likely just wanted to get rid of her for reasons that are unknown. Even then though, there are probably better ways to fire someone than just offer a lowball offer that you know they wouldn't accept.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Snatcher

@VoidofLight Yeah I’m starting to think that too, because the price, just doesn’t make to much sense, I didn’t even see the replacement actor till today and there is no way they got her for just 4k, maybe, but the possibility is really low.

JaxonH

@Snatcher
Money! Good work!

And I found this. Going rate for VA work.

This whole controversy is a sham.

1) It's a FACT she was offered $4k
2) It's a FACT she recorded Bayonetta 2 in 4 days of 4-hour sessions
3) It's a FACT the going rate for 4 days of 4-hour sessions is just under $4k

Ergo, it's a FACT she was not lowballed, but was actually offered the going rate. Maybe it wasn't a "great" offer but it certainly wasn't low.

Evidence for Bayonetta 2 recording sessions

Evidence for going rates
Untitled

Edited on by JaxonH

Snatcher

@JaxonH Someone put all there skill point into detective Lmao.

Like you said, it wasn’t the best deal, but it was far from the worst. Like I don’t mind her complaining, but why boycott and then undercut the work of other va, on top of trying to sink the whole ship along with yourself, I just don’t get it.

Truegamer79

This is like how Neve Campbell dropped out of scream 6 because she thinks they were trying to underpay her because she's a woman. Kinda made me loose a bit of respect for her playing the gender card like that. This Bayonetta 3 fiasco sounds like your classic case of actors getting full of themselves. I'd be thrilled with the money these people get paid for a few measly days work. Then again i'm not famous. I'm just some guy on a chat group.

As long as the voice work is professional and well done i couldn't care less who voices Bayonetta. I'm still gonna buy it and play the hell out of it!

Truegamer79

Snatcher

@Truegamer79 Did she really say that? Bruh!

JaxonH

@Truegamer79
$250/hr apparently isn't enough and is "an outrage". How dare they! What happened to a livable wage!

@Snatcher
You know what the biggest shame of all is? Nobodies like us can do detective work and get to the bottom of a controversy, but the media can't (or just won't). There used to be a time where being a journalist meant something. They'd take pride in their responsibility to do some digging and suss out the truth of the matter. Yet I guarantee not one media outlet, certainly not NintendoLife, will investigate this and report on what we just discovered. Oh, they'll run the headline about the controversy and give some self-righteous spiel about how VAs deserve fair pay. But they'll never actually do real journalism and report that oh... as it turns out, she only did 16 hrs work for the last game. Oh, as it turns out, going rate for 16 hrs is exactly what was offered. Oh, maybe she wasn't lowballed after all. Maybe there's more to the story.

We'll never see that. And not just because media refuses to do real journalism, but Youtuber's won't either. They'll research 7 ways to Sunday to dig up something that can cause controversy, but they won't budge an inch when it comes to investigating something that could actually calm and dispel a controversy.

We have nobody to rely on. No one is looking out for us, to ensure we get the real truth, not just the social narrative. Which is why it's more important than ever to personally question everything you hear, read and see. Because nobody else will do it for you.

Edited on by JaxonH

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic