Forums

Topic: Bayonetta 3

Posts 121 to 140 of 423

Snatcher

@JaxonH I would say YouTubers are way more likely to do real digging then any journalist ever will, which is kinda sad.

But all types of journalism, is just, kinda weak now, they don’t really dig for anything anymore, and if they do it’s rare, and some just say what people want to hear, or just take whatever popular post of Reddit, which is just, sad.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

JaxonH

Bayonetta 3 has actually made the Movers and Shakers list. I'd say thats pretty definitive proof of a positive correlation with the controversy today

Untitled

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Snatcher

@JaxonH Imagine asking people to boycott a game, and this happens Lmao!

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

JaxonH

@Snatcher
Lol for real though 🤣

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Ryu_Niiyama

Eh, it’s just the normal “need a safe platform to vent already existing anger that would be dismissed otherwise”. Say what you will about Kamiya-san but I love how people are taking his rebuttal that the accusations that HT is making are untrue and folks are acting like he is the root of all evil now. Or blaming Nintendo. When it is a simple pay negotiation fall through that happens all the time. Folks are showing their true colors but trying to pretend they are fighting for fair treatment.

It’s a bit surreal how Kamiya-san first started the franchise wanting only an English language VA and thus in many ways securing HT’s future in the role once she landed it to now the role being filled by pretty big names in English and Japanese while HT is left ranting. The fact that the sales seem to be increasing is a hilarious bit of karma.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Ralizah

Haven't read Kamiya's tweets, but his posting style is inflammatory and abrasive at the best of times. Probably not the person you want responding to a social media controversy, lol.

edit: Oh boy, his account is "temporarily restricted." Can only imagine what he's been up to.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

jump

I know things like pay is a sensitive subject in the US but some of the comments like fudge her, she's mental, how dare she etc aren't sitting right with me. The voice acting isn't real acting therefore she should be happy with what she gets in particular I don't like.

Rather than a comparison to a monthly wage it really needs to be compared to the average voice acting gig. It's not uncommon for voice acting to be done in Canada or UK as it's cheaper there than in showbizness land and she appears to be UK based so it's possible she's asking for the industry average. There does seem to be something going on in VA at the moment, John DiMaggio has done the exact same thing of asking fans to boycott Futurama as he was asked to return for a fee he didn't find flattering.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

jump

JaxonH wrote:

Bayonetta 3 has actually made the Movers and Shakers list. I'd say thats pretty definitive proof of a positive correlation with the controversy today

Untitled

Nah, her tweets were too recent to have any sort of affect yet and the increase is more likely due to the previews for the game being released on Friday.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Truegamer79

@Snatcher

That's what the word is. Several news reports were saying Neve Campbell felt she was being offered too little money compared to her male costars for scream 6 so she dropped out. Then she started this high and mighty routine about women being underpaid. I think this Bayonetta 3 thing isn't all that different.

Truegamer79

FragRed

@JaxonH @Ralizah @VoidofLight I want to know how many of these who are cancelling orders were a) buying it in the first place (it’s a niche game audience) and b) are PlayStation and Xbox warriors who are using it as an excuse to jump on the hate train

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Snatcher

@Truegamer79 My respect, agh.

@FragRed are you saying them buying it is jumping on the hate train, or them canceling it? I’m confused?

jump

@Snatcher What @FragRed is saying is people aren't buying the game anyway but are joining in saying they wont buy the game.

Maybe it's me but I don't see it as one hate train. It's like a model railway with two hate trains going on, one of attacking the actress and two of attacking Platinum Games.

Nicolai wrote:

Snatcher

@jump Ah, got it, I was taking it the wrong way, thanks.

Two hate trains aren’t bad, considering that nether is in the right per say.

Arisen

This ''Hellena'''s words DISGUST me. She managed to make herself the center of attention as if she is the one who bleed to make this game possible, as if she is the one who had to work in lockdown and face delays upon delays, as if she is the only va and english is the only language of the world.. I've been a diehard platinum fan my whole life and played every single game except only 3. She managed to turn the hate to Hideki Kamiya who is right up there with Shigeru miyamoto, hironobu sakaguchi, hieaki itsuno, kojima and eiji aonuma in my book. She created this toxic dark online bandwagon against him and platinum as if they did something terrible to her. She would get 4k for working 1 week while others worked years and years and years on this game. It seems more than fair to me, like I said English is not the only language of the world. I fear for the future of platinum because nothing is going well for them anymore and it will be a really sad day for me to see them get canceled especially if it is for such a stupid little reason such as this. (PS: the main reason I even bought a switch was to play astral chain and Bayonetta 3.)

Arisen

Madao

@JaxonH If the numbers are true and she considers $4k a low offer for 4 half days of work, then this is just entitlement. There are far more important people working in games that get barely liveable salaries (QA for example) and they are all in the end fighting for the same pool of money.

It is good for VAs to fight for their rights, but there is a difference between fighting to have a decent wage and fighting to bring the cancerous Holywood pay mentality into games.

Madao

Fizza

This thread was at 80+ replies when I went to bed, what the hell happened.

Edited on by Fizza

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Yoshi's Story (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

jump

@Fizza The US is awake as Europe sleeps and in 'merica stuff like salaries is a big taboo which has kicked off the big reaction.

America is culturally linked with consumerism and capitalism so only hard work earns the right to have good money, like unpaid internships which can last years are common in America to prove yourself for a good paying job at the same company which is scoffed at in other countries where Europeans see a liveable wage as a right. So seeing someone complaining about not being paid well has rubbed a few people the wrong way whilst European/British fully expect to go to the pub or wherever and hear moaning about not being paid enough as a standard and sees this another story rather than a big story. Plus it's the internet, overreactions are the norm.

Nicolai wrote:

Matt_Barber

I don't think anyone should be surprised in an industry that treats software developers, graphics artists and QA testers as disposable and interchangeable resources that it's essentially the same for voice talent.

As for the money, $4000 might sound great for four days work but you can't just multiply it by 52 and get a year's income. It rather depends on how regularly you can get those sort of gigs and with eight years having elapsed between the previous Bayonetta game it alone is obviously not going to be providing enough for anyone to live on. To make a successful career out of being a VA, someone's typically got to be in demand enough to get dozens of bookings a year and they'll still have a fair bit of time when they can't work because they've got to fit into everyone else's production schedules and don't get to dictate their own.

I dare say that she was being overly optimistic if she thought that the recent popularity of the franchise was going to give her a big payday though. People will only get paid what their name is worth and if you're only famous for one role you're not in the best of bargaining positions.

Matt_Barber

steely_pete

@Matt_Barber
Well I mean you partially mention it there in your post. Why would she have expected to make a living wage from a niche title like Bayonetta? 4000$ may be on the lower end, but it doesn't seem ridiculous at all considering the game and her potential workload. If she wants to earn a living being a voice actress she should, you know, actually do some work and take multiple gigs for various games like everyone else who lives off VA work does.

steely_pete

Snatcher

Arisen wrote:

This ''Hellena'''s words DISGUST me. She managed to make herself the center of attention as if she is the one who bleed to make this game possible, as if she is the one who had to work in lockdown and face delays upon delays, as if she is the only va and english is the only language of the world.. I've been a diehard platinum fan my whole life and played every single game except only 3. She managed to turn the hate to Hideki Kamiya who is right up there with Shigeru miyamoto, hironobu sakaguchi, hieaki itsuno, kojima and eiji aonuma in my book. She created this toxic dark online bandwagon against him and platinum as if they did something terrible to her. She would get 4k for working 1 week while others worked years and years and years on this game. It seems more than fair to me, like I said English is not the only language of the world. I fear for the future of platinum because nothing is going well for them anymore and it will be a really sad day for me to see them get canceled especially if it is for such a stupid little reason such as this. (PS: the main reason I even bought a switch was to play astral chain and Bayonetta 3.)

It hurts so much, but it’s just to true.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic