Forums

Topic: Arms in 2019 (Missed all events) :’D

Posts 1 to 6 of 6

Thwomp_Stomper

I recently came across a feature on NL called “It’s time to lay down your arms”. As I read on I realized I may have seriously missed out on a fresh IP and just an all around cool concept. I thought I learned from my mistake when I bought Splatoon 2 in February. Don’t judge until you play. So later that night I purchased Arms and quickly found out it was the fighting game I always wanted. I knew when I grabbed the game I completely missed the events that have been offered the past two years. It’s a bummer but since I never played them, their absence doesn’t really affect me. That being said I was wondering if anyone on the site still plays regularly. It would be nice to find people because this community is small. I also play splatoon regularly and would love to get a squad together!

Thwomp_Stomper

JasmineDragon

I play pretty regularly but not online, just local with my daughter. I don't know how active the online scene is now, never played much there except for the Party Crashes. Whenever I venture into online competition with any fighting game, I seem to get stomped right quick, and I'm too old to dedicate a lot of practice to git gud enough to beat those 12-year-old Ninjaras who play five hours a day! 🤣

In any case, I always felt ARMS was best as a local multiplayer game. It's so much fun playing with your opponent right next to you. Hopefully you have some friends or family members you can play with.

I think ARMS did pretty well in sales, around two million sold as I recall. Hopefully good enough that Nintendo won't abandon the franchise, and maybe we'll see another ARMS a few years down the road.

Switch FC: SW-5152-0041-1364
Remind yourself that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer.

CTmatic

How do you like it for the single player? I know everyone is all about online but I’m in the minority and would be playing solo. Thoughts? @Thwomp_Stomper

~ A man chooses. A slave obeys. ~

CTmatic

See what I said to the other guy above, same question for you. 😉 @JasmineDragon

JasmineDragon

@CTmatic The solo play was entertaining for a while but the local multiplayer is so much more fun that I pretty much stopped playing solo. It's not terrible but I wouldn't pay full price for it to play solo only. That's just not what the game is designed around.

Switch FC: SW-5152-0041-1364
Remind yourself that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer.

CTmatic

I bought a new copy of ARMS yesterday and am loving it. I’ve beaten the Grand Prix a few times. I definitely will continue to replay it.

...but I’m definitely going to do the online matches to. I’m a bit of a scaredy cat right now cause I’m not a really good fighting game player, it’s definitely not my main genre. I’ll have to do the party one and find the most casual option. @JasmineDragon

From what I read doing the Grand Prix makes the most sense for in-game credits to unlock more ARMS, especially if you’re not great against talented players online. I was reading what the “pay out ratio” is compared to each other. Unless you tear people apart online you’ll get credits faster in Grand Prix. If there’s anything I’m missing let me know. Thanks!

Edited on by CTmatic

• Page 1 of 1

Sorry, this topic has been locked.