Forums

Topic: ARMS

Posts 1,341 to 1,360 of 1,369

Juiceboy_jeff

I made a top 10 badges video to celebrate the 1 year anniversary of the game. I'm hoping a few people out there will watch as I've got no one else in my friend circle who plays!

Juiceboy_jeff

JasmineDragon

@Juiceboy_jeff Can you post a URL for that video? I can't use video links on my phone.

Switch FC: SW-5152-0041-1364
Remind yourself that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer.

FaeKnight

I've been playing the demo for this a lot. Definately will be picking up the full game at some point. Okay, granted I can't do more then 3 matches using motion controls before collapsing in exhaustion. But they do work very well. And the other controller setups work equally well. I'm also pleased as punch at the tactical depth the game's combat has. It's accessible (unlike most fighting games) without being simplistic. Balancing the weight, speed, and other properties of your ARMS along with timing dodges, rushes, blocks, throws, curved punches and so forth makes the combat much deeper then I thought it would be.

FaeKnight

Switch Friend Code: SW-6813-5901-0801 | Twitter:

Anti-Matter

@FaeKnight
Pssst...
Use Joy Con grip to make it easier.
And try these weapons combo:
1. Hammer & Nunchuck
2. TriBlast & Revolver
3. Salamander & Chakram

I used these settings for my Joy Con grip:
A = Dash
B = Jump
X = Activate Rush
Y = Guard / Block
R / ZR = Right Punch
L / ZL = Left Punch
Left Analog = Dash / Move
Right Analog = Change Target

Anti-Matter

FaeKnight

@Anti-Matter I've used the grip, single joy con (worked well), handheld mode, and motion controls. So far I think motion controls and using a controller setup are my favorite methods of playing. That said, I actually rarely use the controller grip even with games that don't use motion controls. It feels more natural to hold the joy cons normally

FaeKnight

Switch Friend Code: SW-6813-5901-0801 | Twitter:

bluemage1989

I've used single joy con quite a bit and found it works pretty good but still prefer the grip for non multiplayer.

bluemage1989

JasmineDragon

Well, since NintendoLife is no longer bothering to report on ARMS, allow me to inform y'all there is a Party Crash on this weekend. Byte and Barq vs. Dr. Coyle.

Personally I don't do well with either one of them, so I played with B'n'B just long enough to get to Level 5 (gotta have those badges!) and now I'm back to Twintelle.

Switch FC: SW-5152-0041-1364
Remind yourself that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer.

bluemage1989

@JasmineDragon my hardest to use characters as well. Byte and Barq I've only just got to level 5 (it was a real slog) and Dr. Coyle don't know when I'll get her to 5. Twintelle is a great fighter although I'm still using Ribbon Girl a fair bit but trying to reach the same level of skill with Master Mummy. Thanks for the heads up.

bluemage1989

JBBPro

If anybody is looking for some ARMS Tips to grow, and get better at the game. I have a big playlist of helpful Tip Videos on my Twitter Account! It covers everything from Confirming, Insta-Countering, Elevating Punches, Weakening Arms/Breaking Shields, and more...

https://twitter.com/i/moments/1010724807200079872

800 Hours strong in ARMS

CTmatic

Hey All. I’m late on this game, but was thinking of picking it up. I’m in the minority though and want it for the single player, not online cause I’m a casual fighting game player.

I know the single player content isn’t enormous but looking for your guys thoughts on it.

Thanks.

~ A man chooses. A slave obeys. ~

Dogorilla

@CTmatic I'd say it depends how much variety you're looking for. If you're only interested in single-player you'll probably spend most of your time playing and replaying the Grand Prix mode. It has 7 difficulty levels so you may want to try completing it with every character at the highest difficulty, which will take you a while to do. There are various other modes and minigames but none are massively substantial for single-player, and there is also an online Party lobby which is just for casual unranked matches. So if you think you'd get bored of replaying Grand Prix and playing the other modes against the CPU it's probably not worth buying, but if you're a completionist you'll probably get a decent amount of value out of it. I think there's a demo available so try that out if you haven't already and see what you think of it.

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

CTmatic

Thanks man. Yeah I’m definitely open to online play if there is a casual lobby for sure. Do you get any rewards for winning fights in any modes? @Dogorilla

Anti-Matter

@CTmatic
You will get some badges by clearing some specific tasks such as using the specific character or punching for so many times or defeating some opponents with specific weapons, etc.
You can unlock more weapons by clicking Get ARMS on the bottom main screen by spending your money to get amount of time to play mini game to get randomized specific arms. If you get the same weapons for one character, later it will be registered as Weapon Plus (More damages)
Happy playing !

Anti-Matter

CTmatic

Nice. Yeah I was literally just reading about everything you mentioned on a different site, thanks for mentioning as well.

I feel like this may be the one fighting game I’ll go and replay having that Nintendo look and charm. Do you still play it from time to time? Just asking in general for replay value wise. @Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

@CTmatic
Well...
During the event i still played ARMS.
Now i'm busy with other games once the event is over.
But i will try to play ARMS Online again.

Anti-Matter

CTmatic

I caved in and picked up a copy of ARMS on my lunch break today. 😉

I’m reading a lot of “beginner tips” articles killing time at work. In your opinion who is the easiest fighter to use, or fighter(s)? @Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

@CTmatic
Every characters has their own merit.
Springman can unleash powerful attack without charging when his HP in danger.
Ribbon Girl can jump in the air until 4 times in a row.
Ninjara can dodge any attacks when being guarding and the opponent tried to attack him.
Master Mummy can regenerate his HP by guarding for long time.
Twintelle can flying in the air for a while.
Max Brass can bulk his body to increase the damage.
Springtron can unleash a Shockwave to paralyze the opponent.
Dr Coyle can flying in the air by her jetpack.

Also, character with big body will move slower than light body. Recommended for beginner = Springman, Ninjara, Ribbon Girl.
The weapons also has their speed like spring. Lighter weapons will moves faster than heavy weapons. Some weapons can curve or focusing on vertical attack or Horizontal attack. Try to mix and match your weapons. Also, try to keep moving around, jumping and dodging as you can rather than keep spamming aimless punches like Punch Out.. When your opponent like to punch, you can guard all the time but it also your opponent can grab you and strike you after that. To prevent that, hit their grab punch with one hit strike.

Well, have fun. 😀

Anti-Matter

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic