Forums

Topic: ARMS

Posts 1,321 to 1,340 of 1,369

1UP_MARIO

@Anti-Matter really good. I love it.

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

bluemage1989

@Anti-Matter very impressed by the artwork your clearly very talented. Feel free to share more when you next do some work.

bluemage1989

DuskformLycanroc

@Anti-Matter would you be able to do a similar style drawing of Ninjara please. He's my favourite and I think your drawings are amazing. I would get them on a t-shirt if I could

3DS FC 5387-0811-6168

Captain_Toad

Welp, I tried ARMS. Fun despite me losing except I can't reliably move with tilt controls! Am I doing something wrong?

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

gcunit

@Captain_Toad Yes. Assuming you're playing with split joy cons. Probably just need a bit more practice.

@Anti-Matter Love your drawings, great stuff

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Captain_Toad

@gcunit It's split joycons.

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

bluemage1989

@Captain_Toad I have played a fair amount of hours and honestly for me the single joy con has been by far my favourite control method. Don't think it would hold up well at the highest level but for just having fun for me its great!!

bluemage1989

Anti-Matter

DuskformLycanroc wrote:

@Anti-Matter would you be able to do a similar style drawing of Ninjara please. He's my favourite and I think your drawings are amazing. I would get them on a t-shirt if I could

Ninjara ?
Hm.... Okay.
But i will do Hand Drawing again since drawing Ninjara's chains are pretty hard.
I can't promise how long it will be finished since i still have my main job as Librarian.
Once it finished, i will upload on my Deviantart account and Instagram.
Any specific weapon for him ?
To me, i prefer Buff or Chakram since those weapons are Green color, matched with Ninjara default outfits.

Anti-Matter

DuskformLycanroc

Thank you1
That's a good combo. I use the chakras and tri last myself but the buff has the colour match as you said.

3DS FC 5387-0811-6168

Ryzaerian

Gave this a whirl last night. Overall gameplay is good, and 1v1 mode seemed fun.

But.

Is there a strategy to 2v2 mode? It feels like random, frustrating chaos right now. It’s literally the thing that made me go from “might pick this up” to “eh, maybe not.”

Edited on by Ryzaerian

Friend Code: SW-4697-0836-1490

Currently playing: Warframe, Diablo 3, Splatoon 2, Paladins, Zelda: BotW, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Bastion.

“...and we will send you to whatever god you wish.”

bluemage1989

@Ryzaerian there is so much to like about Arms but two on two?? I can't see any positive about that myself. Can win consistently but have such a poor record with two on two.

bluemage1989

meleebrawler

@Ryzaerian Anything that isn't 1v1 fighting should pretty much be treated as nothing more than a diversion. In particular you'll never see 2v2 outside of Party mode (what the Testpunch consists of) unless you play Grand Prix co-op. And there's an alternative online mode that consists only of 1v1 fights with no items, so you don't have to play Party mode for anything but some badges if you really don't want to.

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

Ryzaerian

@bluemage1989 @meleebrawler OK, cool. That makes me feel better. I’ll probably pick it up today then.

Edited on by Ryzaerian

Friend Code: SW-4697-0836-1490

Currently playing: Warframe, Diablo 3, Splatoon 2, Paladins, Zelda: BotW, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Bastion.

“...and we will send you to whatever god you wish.”

bluemage1989

@Ryzaerian there is many hours if fun with Arms and I hope you'll enjoy yourself. This is quickly becoming one of my favourite Nintendo IP. Glad the shaky two on two didn't put you off.

bluemage1989

yokokazuo

Got ARMS during the last test punch, I’m enjoying it quite a bit overall, but I’m not too great at it yet. Min Min is my current character of choice. Trying Grand Prix, but I keep losing in later rounds on level 4. In Semifinals now and having trouble against Twintelle. Any tips on the best time to use the rush attack? Mine are often blocked.

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

JoyBoy

@yokokazuo Off the top of my head; when they are in the air. When they are throwing a punch. When they try to go for a grab. These are all instances in which they cannot block. Just watch out you don’t get hit from the side.
It’s also a bit of mind game ofcourse, meaning, they anticipate you using your special, so they will act differently like you say by blocking more then usual for example. So don’t to be too eager to use your special and take advantage of grabs since they are in block mode. Oh, and you could also try and get up close to him/her wich will give them less time to react.

Edit: I was thinking in terms of online matches but I guess most of it still applies.

Edited on by JoyBoy

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

Dogorilla

@yokokazuo Maybe try blocking to encourage your opponent to grab you, then activate your rush as they're about to grab you. (Their grab will be cancelled and they'll be left defenceless.)

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

meleebrawler

Anyone get the chance to snag the ARMS comic preview from Dark Horse? (Comes in the back half of a Legend Of Korra free comic)

Spring Man can never die, only the actors that play him! Oh yeah! OK, so the previous Spring Man is actually still alive and well but you get the point. According to the one we're familiar with, Spring Man the 1st was responsible for founding Spring Gym in the first place, while the second helped it gain popularity.

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

I-U

Is anyone else experiencing a badge glitch/bug when trying to receive badges during this weekend's Party Crash? I've had two badges already not be put into my collection. These two badges showed up as looking like the currency in the game when I went to collect them.

"The secret to ultimate power lies in the Alimbic Cluster."

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic