Forums

Topic: The Switch Arcade Community Thread

Posts 981 to 1,000 of 1,047

AgentLA

@Moroboshi876

Same here, waiting for that publisher sale. Fingers crossed but I have a feeling these sell much more on the Switch than on the Xbone, so a sale is less likely. But perhaps a Black Friday sale will materialize one day.

Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast ๐Ÿ•น
NL Arcade Community High-Score Pilot ๐Ÿš€

Switch Friend Code: SW-7629-1891-6394 | My Nintendo: Frenchie | Nintendo Network ID: Agent721 | Twitter:

Moroboshi876

@Agent721 Probably. In fact, Arcade Archives (non ACA Neo Geo I mean) don't even get released on Xbox One. They do on PS4 though.

Switch code: SW-2291-6286-4620

Nintendo 3DS code: 2879-0476-7598

My Nintendo: Toni | Twitter:

monkeyspasm

As a big fan of Paperboy, I must say that VideoKid is absolutely brilliant!

A shame there don't seem to be any high scores though, which is really odd for a game like this.

Switch Profile name - monkeysp

Switch Friend Code: SW-7394-3764-7014

monkeyspasm

@Rogueleader76 Well, yes, but there's no way to immediately determine if you've beaten your previous best, so you'd have to take screenshots all the time. And also, distance travelled and score are on separate screens at the end (I think, not got my Switch to test), so it'd be two screenshots for each run depending on what you wanted to track. As I said in the review thread, it's a bit unfocused - do you track score, distance or coins?

Even with that though, it's great fun and highly recommended for the price.

Rogueleader76

@monkeyspasm ah...yes I see your point. I agree, it's really fun! I'm excited, we're interviewing the developer, Adam Jeffcoat, this weekend for our podcast!

PSN: rogueleader76

OorWullie

Apparently SEGA will be making some "major" announcements for the AGES line at the Tokyo Game Show on 22nd September.

Hopefully there will be a few surprises and not just the usual suspects announced. I'd love to finally play Revenge of Death Adder.

๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง Mr Mustard ๐Ÿ‡น๐Ÿ‡ญ
SW-6101-8403-1640

๐Ÿ•น๏ธ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards ๐Ÿ•น๏ธ

Lroy

@OorWullie Would be amazed and delighted if SEGA do ever release REVENGE OF DEATH ADDER.

๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast ๐Ÿ•น | ๐Ÿš€
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

Moroboshi876

Given the lack of new reviews of Neo Geo titles on NintendoLife, what do you people think about the latest releases? Is it possible (I'm a noob in Neo Geo, by the way) that the big games have already been released and they are giving us the lesser ones now?

What about Zupapa? I know it's historically interesting because it was a MVS exclusive (like some other Hamster releases), but is it really worth it now? Is it addictive enough nowadays for the single player?

Pinkiewendie

I bought the Nintendo switch for my fiancรฉ for Christmas... He was having some problems with the joycons sticking he looked every where for some help... he found that a q tip and wd 40 on the joy cons work

Pinkiewendie

Moroboshi876

Does anybody know which ACA Neo Geo game will arrive this Thursday? I've looked everywhere, I think, but there is always somebody who know which one it will be and they're always right.

Anyway, I've been checking the complete list in chronological order and I must say the games haven't been especially attractive for some time. Maybe the best ones were already released.

Lroy

@Moroboshi876 The last thing I read was a post on this site stating these were the upcoming games (not in any release order):

Puzzle Bobble
Puzzle Bobble 2
The King of Fighters 2001 (already out?)
Zupapa! (already out?)
3 Count Bout (already out?)
Pleasure Goal
Savage Reign
Strikers 1945 Plus

• -

Personally, Iโ€™d rank ether PUZZLE BOBBLE game as one of the best games available on the Neo-Geo, so there are still classics to come.

Edited on by Lroy

Lroy

The same article also stated these were the next Arcade Archive game to arrive on the Switch eShop (again, in no particular order of release):

ASO
Ninja Kid II
Route-16
Vs. Urban Champion
Athena
Ikari Warriors
Donkey Kong JR.
Image Fight

Iโ€™ll be getting IKARI WARRIORS and ATHENA as part of the SNK ARCADE COLLECTION due out in November but itโ€™s hard to deny that DONKEY KONG JR. is a genuine classic coin-op title.

Moroboshi876

@Lroy I read those, but it's that not in release order what kills me. KOF 2001 and 3 Count Bout are already out (and the fact that you ask is because NL doesn't do reviews anymore). Puzzle Bobble I agree, I'm not saying there are no great games left. Just not that many.

About Arcade Archives I'm in the same place. Donkey Kong Jr. I'm definitely picking up, but I don't see it coming very soon. Nintendo games come scarcely and we just got Excitebike. I hope I'm wrong.

Generally speaking, though, I'm more excited with Arcade Archives than ACA Neo Geo. You never know what they will surprise you with.

It's a shame Konami arcade games only get released for the PS4, due to a special relationship between companies that can't always be explained with the "Sony financing the game" argument. It was already lame with those Castlevania ports, which wouldn't have really needed external funding, but I understand it like I understand Shenmue III and SFV are PS4 console exclusives for this reason. But Hamster Konami games shouldn't be. And yet they don't come to Switch.

Edited on by Moroboshi876

Moroboshi876

Well, here we have it: Arcade Archives Ninja Kid II and ACA Neo Geo Strikers 1945 Plus this week. Not the ones I was hoping for.

Here

By the way, I have never played Strikers series, but it's kind of messy what's the best version and how many games are really there, with ports and versions and enhanced versions and all. Can anybody explain it to me?

OorWullie

@Moroboshi876 I believe it goes like this

Strikers 1945 (Arcade)
Strikers 1945 II (Arcade)
Strikers 1999 aka 1945 III (Arcade)
Strikers 1945 Plus (Neo Geo)

Plus is a remake of 1945 II with horizontal screen instead of vertical. Once it arrives this week we'll only be waiting on 1999. I own the first 2 and my favourite is the first one. It's more simple, better graphics and better music.

SW-6101-8403-1640

Moroboshi876

@OorWullie Thanks for the info! So I and II are already available via Zerodiv, right?

By the way, I just checked on Youtube and both II and Plus are vertical. What am I missing here?

Anyway, is it true that Strikers 1945 Plus is hard as f***? I like shmups, but I'm not good at them. If I get frustrated in the first stage I'll end up abandoning it.

Edited on by Moroboshi876

OorWullie

@Moroboshi876 Yep 1 and 2 are already on Switch.

They are all vertically scrolling shooters, I was meaning the aspect ratio. The originals are designed to be played on vertical monitor,TATE mode, when playing horizontally the field of play is very narrow. Plus offers a much wider window although there is still border art on each side.

I really don't find them that challenging,at least not for the first couple of stages. After that, they get tough but never frustrating. With a little practise you'll soon be getting through the first stage with all lives intact. Dragon Blaze is the only Psikyo shmup that's really tough right from the get go.

If you were to choose just one Psikyo shmup I'd go for Tengai, Gunbird 2 or Strikers 1945. Fantastic games.

SW-6101-8403-1640

Moroboshi876

@OorWullie Mmm... I've been reading about that difficulty, really. You must be an expert, and I gather that from your words actually. But anyway, I'll watch the price of the Psikyo retail collections on Asia, that must be the best way to get Zerodiv releases. I guess they have tate mode on Switch (although it's really uncomfortable for the weight of the console, I tried with Donkey Kong).

monkeyspasm

So Strikers 1945 Plus is up on the US eShop but not the UK. Wonder when it'll turn up!

I do want this as it's different enough from II (different ships, slower bullets, different enemy patterns / bosses etc) to warrant a purchase IMO. And it's a Psikyo shmup on the Neo Geo, whats not to love?!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic