Forums

Topic: The Switch Arcade Community Thread

Posts 801 to 820 of 1,047

Lroy

@OorWullie That's interesting to hear about your speaker solution for the Arcade Cab play. Thanks for sharing that. Got a pic?

πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast πŸ•Ή | πŸš€
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

Lroy

@oorwullie JOE & MAC coming is ace news! I had that noted down on a little, very flexible list of games I would like to beat this year. Was going to play it via emulation on MAME but now I can play it on Switch πŸ‘

Europe still hasn't had SUPER BURGER TIME yet. When is that coming?

OorWullie

@Lroy It seems Europe gets the Johnny Turbo releases at least a week later. Not sure if I'll bother with that myself. I've watched some gameplay from it and it looks alright. You played it?

This is the speaker. It's called a Rock Box Cube and it's made by Fresh & Rebel. It's normal price is Β£29.99 but Amazon have some colours available for Β£13.99 at the moment. They are pink and aqua though unfortunately There's also a Rock Box Brick which is about 3 times longer and twice the price. I tried it in the shop and the sound quality was really great.. If I'd had more money on me at the time I'd have probably gone for that. I'm kind of glad I didn't though as it wouldn't have fit in my little cabinet. I think having it sitting inside adds some reverb to the sound which really adds to the arcade thing I've got going on. It has a good bass and deep sound.A very worthwhile buy for you in my opinion.

Untitled

Edited on by OorWullie

πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ Mr Mustard πŸ‡ΉπŸ‡­
SW-6101-8403-1640

πŸ•ΉοΈ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards πŸ•ΉοΈ

Lroy

@OorWullie You know me well my Switch Arcade brethren. I'll add it to my Amazon wish list πŸ‘

OorWullie

This beautiful image right here confirms Gain Ground will have TATE mode.

Untitled

Edited on by OorWullie

SW-6101-8403-1640

Zkibu

I wonder what happened to the R-Type? Wasn't it like a year ago when Hamster mentioned that they are going to port it and other Irem's classics?

Zkibu

Switch Friend Code: SW-3139-0887-1010

Lroy

@Zkibu Really want R-TYPE. It might well be my fave horizontal shoot-em-up of all time.

ArtheXavier

IKARUGA is up! Downloaded it and had a few runs. And boy am I rusty! The port is perfect, although I miss the 'practice stage-sections on slow-down' mode the GameCube version had.

Anyway, can't wait to play more. IKARUGA is one of my favorite games of all time.

Switch Friend code: SW-1992-7925-5001 | Nintendo name: Arthe

Zkibu

@Lroy Pulstar is close, love the slow pace. Hopefully it would come soon. I used to play it almost daily in 15 min bursts.

I just "conquered" Ikaruga. Coudn't do it without the free play mode. The 3rd level boss and 4th level midboss are insane, I died nearly 50 times in both sections. Loved the final battle, I wonder if I am ever gonna see it without cheating.

The game runs smoothly, except couple of hickups. Explosions sounds a bit "unclean" to my ears and for some reason in the 1st chapter after the prologue and 1st wave of enemies the game tries to briefly loop that section again and then quickly switching to next section. It happened every single time I played the first level. What a weird bug.

Zkibu

Switch Friend Code: SW-3139-0887-1010

CroRock

Already playing Ikaruga. I’ve heard so much abou the game but finally I got my hands on it. I like it very much so far. Reached lvl 2 and about 27th place on leaderboards already. This one I’ll play for a long time!

3DS - 2294 - 4578 - 7970
SW - 3371 - 1931 - 2042

Lroy

@Zkibu Yeah, PULSTAR is right up there. Love, love it.

Lroy

Do we already have or would anyone have any interest in posting their games beat/completed/shelved whatever per calendar year (ongoing)?

Basically, I always tell myself to keep a log of what games I've played to end credits, 100% or shelved for the time being and need to go back to etc. but never keep it up.

As motivation for me to keep a record and because I am genuinely interested in what others here have managed to knock-off the old gaming back-log, I just thought I'd ask if people were up for sharing there games finished lists.

Suspect we could just post each time we finish a game, can go back to Jan 2018 if you have already got a mental note and then as we beat (end creds)/ complete (100%) / shelve (unfinished/lapsed on) games we can repost our lists with the new additions added?

Thoughts? Okay to use this thread or start another?

OorWullie

@Lroy I rarely finish games,really bad habit of mine. I have something like 130 games and I've completed

One

Retro City Rampage

On another note,I have Gridd Retroenhanced and Legendary Eleven pre-downloaded. The former releases tomorrow and has good reviews on Steam and Xbox One where it released last year. Really looking forward to that one. Legendary Eleven I've watched some gameplay videos and I think it looks pretty decent. I found a Spanish review of it and it was mostly positive and early access Steam reveiws of it are also positive. The developer has committed to improving it,as well as adding online over the summer. Plus it's cheap ,Β£5.20 on South African Eshop. Love a good arcade football game.

SW-6101-8403-1640

RetroGamerAndrew

@Lroy I like your suggestion, I think we should open a new thread tho

The original fire has died and gone, but the riot inside moves on.

RetroGamerAndrew

Switch Friend Code: SW-3772-6675-0699 | My Nintendo: RetroAndy | Twitter:

AgentLA

@Lroy

That’s an interesting idea. I’m down for that, I’m one of those that typically plays everything all the way through.

Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast πŸ•Ή
NL Arcade Community High-Score Pilot πŸš€

Switch Friend Code: SW-7629-1891-6394 | My Nintendo: Frenchie | Nintendo Network ID: Agent721 | Twitter:

AgentLA

@OorWullie

I just wished it had online play!! I think it looks good too. I was weighing that one or one of the NEO GEO releases.

You live in SA? I’m not South African, but I was born in Cape Town. My family lived there for a bit in the late 1970s.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7629-1891-6394 | My Nintendo: Frenchie | Nintendo Network ID: Agent721 | Twitter:

OorWullie

@Agent721 I live in SEA (South East Asia)

I buy off the SA Eshop as along with the Norwegian Eshop it's often the cheapest option.

The developers have said they will be adding online to Legendary Eleven over the summer,so hopefully that'll work out as planned. Cross play with Steam would be ideal for finding opponents.

I have both Super Sidekicks games and they're really good. 2 is definitely the best and really nails the 80s to 94 World Cup feel. I'll let you know how I get on with Legendary Eleven.

SW-6101-8403-1640

AgentLA

@OorWullie

Glad to hear it’s being added in! Seemed like a bizarre omission.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic