Forums

Topic: The Switch Arcade Community Thread

Posts 721 to 740 of 1,047

wasilewski

@Agent721 Gunbird 2 is great, Tavia is my favourite character. It's a lot of fun to play with her.

wasilewski

Switch Friend Code: SW-4558-8602-8597 | My Nintendo: heavymetal

Lroy

@Agent721 Thanks mate. I'm in the process of trying to make myself a ROCKET LEAGUE jumper.

As for that STAR WARS game, you have a version on the GameCube?

πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast πŸ•Ή | πŸš€
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

Zkibu

I have been concerned about the disappearance of Star Force in my Finnish eshop. I contacted Nintendo (Germany) and their answer was to buy a physical copy . Germans and their sense of humour . Obviously that is not an option. So my question is: Is Star Force available in some other € eshop?

Edited on by Zkibu

Zkibu

Switch Friend Code: SW-3139-0887-1010

Lroy

@Zkibu STAR FORCE was definitely available up to as recently as the last month or so. I bought it off the UK eShop and then a couple weeks later @Oorwullie bought it - not certain of what region?

Very odd, these sporadic removal of certain titles without any explanation. Then again, without any notice, they get added back again.

AgentLA

@Lroy

Yup, I have it on the cube. It was bundled with a free demo for Rebel Strike, that you got for preordering the game. If I had the space and the money, I’d love to buy the original sit down arcade cabinet for that game. It is a classic! I think the sound really stands out on this one, given its era of release.

Edited on by AgentLA

Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast πŸ•Ή
NL Arcade Community High-Score Pilot πŸš€

Switch Friend Code: SW-7629-1891-6394 | My Nintendo: Frenchie | Nintendo Network ID: Agent721 | Twitter:

AgentLA

@Zkibu

I noticed you guys talking a lot about certain missing games in the EU, and I checked this weekend as they’re also on my wish list and all were still in sale in the US. RXN Rajin, Starforce & others as well. So FYI, you could pick them up with a US account.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7629-1891-6394 | My Nintendo: Frenchie | Nintendo Network ID: Agent721 | Twitter:

Zkibu

@Agent721
Thanks mate. Good to know that they are still somewhere available. Is it possible to buy straight using European credit card in American eshop or do I need to buy some code?

Zkibu

AgentLA

@Zkibu

I would imagine you can use your cc or PayPal accounts as you would any online shop, at least as long as you have created a US Nintendo account first. But I have not done it myself, just seen posts on here by others that it’s fairly simple to do.

Edited on by AgentLA

monkeyspasm

Terrible news for fans of Pinball Arcade - 60+ tables gone, all Williams / Bally:

http://pinballarcadefans.com/showthread.php/13254-Official-An...

'Our longstanding licenses for the Williams and Bally pinball trademarks will finally come to an end on June 30th, 2018. Therefore, after this date tables from these manufacturers will no longer be offered for sale within the Pinball Arcade. However, customers who purchased any of these tables prior to the deadline will continue to own them and have access to them within the Pinball Arcade, and we will continue to support them as we do the other tables in our collection. This change will affect all of our devices and platforms.

So if you’ve ever been interested in owning these great tables, please purchase them now, before they disappear!

FarSight will continue to release new tables for the Pinball Arcade. We are excited to announce that Season 8 will launch later this summer and will feature all of the recent Stern tables in Stern Pinball Arcade along with several new tables.

We’d like to sincerely thank all of our customers and fans over the past decade. Your amazing support of our game has helped build the Pinball Arcade into the greatest pinball simulation of all time. Pinball forever!'

Of course, they're gone forever for the vast majority of Switch owners, as the app was only on the store for a few hours I have Tales of the Arabian Nights, that's it, but it's better than nothing. Gutted for Farsight employees who've put hard work into these tables, I just hope jobs aren't affected. That chap that ported to Switch posted on here and seemed really proud of the Switch version.

Edited on by monkeyspasm

Switch Profile name - monkeysp

Switch Friend Code: SW-7394-3764-7014

meppi64

@monkeyspasm

Yep, and come to think that if they released the European version alongside the US one, I would have all of them sitting on my Switch right now.
I feel a combination of severe disappointment and anger right now. (edit: to clarify, I'm not angry at Farsight btw)
There's still and month and a half to go, at least give us the opportunity to buy the tables we want till the last day.
Been buying any and all Farsight pinball games ever since the Gotlieb releases on PS2/Wii and have all the tables on PS4 and Xbox One as well as Vita/PS3, yet Switch is preferred system to play them on not only thanks to the portability but due to the fantastic TATE support which makes playing them so much better.

Really gutted about all this.
And to think that I was seriously considering making a US account the day it was released there to grab every single season, yet I contemplated holding off for the EU release and shortly thereafter the US one got pulled. Damnit.
Feels like everything I really love, which most people don't care for at all, end up going to hell one way or another.

Edited on by meppi64

meppi64

Switch Friend Code: SW-8347-9726-5976 | My Nintendo: meppi64 | Nintendo Network ID: meppi64

ADistantFuture45

@monkeyspasm When I first seen this by clicking the link I was shocked. I really thought they could extend the contract with Bally and Williams. Farsight is not to blame though as it could be very expensive to keep them going for longer. I was looking forward to play this on my Switch but I suppose the licensing issue was much bigger than I thought. I've been player TPA since playing on PS3 till my latest which is PC. Since 2014 I enjoyed playing pinball machines on console and out in arcades (Not many in Ireland). The only ones surviving are Stern/SEGA/Data East and Gottileb tables. I will still download TPA once it's out on the eshop and download the tables I enjoy but many of the good ones from Bally and Williams will no longer be there (Judge Dredd is a favourite Bally table of mine).

Edited on by ADistantFuture45

"The future depends on what you do today" - Mahatma Gandhi

Zkibu

Is there still way to get more tables in Pinball Arcade? I read the bad news and immediately grabbed the game. But seems like there is only 11 tables?

Zkibu

Lroy

@Zkibu Has PINBALL ARCADE even been released on the UK or European eShops?

Thought it was North America only?

Edited on by Lroy

Zkibu

@Lroy
Yes it has. It's a free download just like FX Pinball.

Zkibu

meppi64

@swuthmaster
Sorry to bother you like this, but I don't know where else to ask this as I don't want to post on Twitter and I don't have Facebook.
Might be a weird request, but would it be possible to add a TATE mode one day to TPA and Stern PA on Xbox One and PS4?
Since the dream is somewhat dead on Switch, at least for the Williams/Bally games I would seriously consider grabbing an extra LED tv to just play vertical pinball on it.

I bought all 7 seasons on Xbox One over the past couple of weeks and yesterday bought the missing seasons on both PS4 and Vita as well to be sure I'm set up as best as possible for whatever happens next.
Would have loved to pick up all 70+ tables on Switch as that's my go to system when it comes to pinball.
Don't get me wrong, I'm still grabbing every single table that will be releasing, but I will really miss those Williams/Bally tables on there. Wish there was a way to buy them still, even if the window will only be a couple of weeks.
Anyway, I wish you guys all the best as this surely has to be a rough time for everyone over there as well.

meppi64

Switch Friend Code: SW-8347-9726-5976 | My Nintendo: meppi64 | Nintendo Network ID: meppi64

meppi64

@Lroy
No, TPA never releases in Europe. Only Stern PA.

meppi64

Zkibu

@meppi64 @Lroy
Oh, those are different things? Sorry for the confusion, my bad

Zkibu

meppi64

@Zkibu no worries.
From my understanding, Stern wanted a separate release for their tables as well, most likely since it would increase brand recognition.
The regular TPA is a collection of various brands, including Stern. It was released in the US on Switch but quickly pulled due to licensing issues.
Most people though it might have something to do with the intro song, but it turned out to be the company that bought the Williams IPs a couple if years back doesn't want to renew the licence to Farsight for some stupid reason (most likely they want way more money than what these games bring in since pinball is a really small niche today), after them releasing Williams games for what? About 15 years now?

meppi64

Lroy

@Zkibu @Meppi64 Ah I see. I do have PINBALL FX and STERN PINBALL but alas no PINBALL ARCADE.

So just to confirm, this hasn't and won't come to Europe then? So is STERN PINBALL the way to go then?

meppi64

@Lroy I'm still hoping for the impossible to see a return of the version that was up for a tiny bit on the US eshop, even if it's only available for purchase till the end of the month.
But there's 0.01% chance at that I think and it really hurts.

They will release a new version of The Pinball Arcade a bit later on (couple of weeks perhaps?), but there will not be any Williams or Bally tables in there whatsoever. So it'll be Stern and Gottlieb for the most part, with a Sega and Data East game in there perhaps. So the whole package will be gutted without Williams/Bally.
Just look at the list and see how many tables are from them.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Pinball_Arcade

Gottlieb has quite a few great tables, but most of them have a certain feel that's a lot more classic than the more modern stuff. With a lot simpler rules and layouts. Again, this is just fine, the only problem is that we're gonna lose out on a lot of the more intricate ones which add the variety to the package.
Luckily Stern has been putting out some incredible tables and are on a bit of a hot streak right now if you ask me.
Ghostbusters is one of my all-time favourite pinball tables as you know and I've only been playing it since I got Stern Pinball Arcade on Switch at launch. So that's really incredible in such a short time.
Star Trek is fantastic and so is AC/DC for instance.

I'm hoping that we'll see a lot more Stern games being digitised to make up for the loss of Williams/Bally.
Guardians of the Galaxy for instance looks fantastic and I've heard nothing but praise for Metallica.

I think the Stern tables in Stern PBA will come to TPA as well this summer and there should be one or two new ones coming out, probably on both iterations of TPA.

meppi64

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic