Forums

Topic: Animal Crossing: New Horizons

Posts 9,861 to 9,880 of 10,553

Hyrule_Rainclouds

The description on the official NicoNico Douga (a Japanese video-sharing site like YouTube) link for the Direct says they're going to share details on what will be included in the update scheduled for release in November. So, at least most of what is going to be shown is for the November update. 20 minutes is quite a lot to cover a single update, IMHO.

In the September Nintendo Direct, they said this will be an Animal Crossing: New Horizons Direct, so no info on other entries like Pocket Camp or Happy Home Designer. Also, they specifically said this will be a FREE update, so the November update at least won't be paid DLC.

I would guess they'll at least mention the upcoming Series 5 amiibo cards that were announced on Twitter, probably going over what characters will have cards and how they relate to New Horizons (probably just used to get posters, call characters into Photopia, and invite characters to live on your island like with the existing Series 1-4 cards).

Hyrule_Rainclouds

VoidofLight

If I had to guess, half of the time will be spent on the update, with the other half being spent on the road map for future updates. I hope this update ends up being big enough to warrant the fact I spent full price on the game.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

anynamereally

I think you guys expecting too much from this Direct, there's no way they gonna add all the missing content. It's gonna be brewster's hideout, a couple of bells and whistles here and there, some festive stuff and they'll call it a day. It's not like they'll go out of their way, revamp the whole game and spruce it up with more social things to do. Main game is 99,5% complete in their eyes.

Edited on by anynamereally

anynamereally

VoidofLight

@anynamereally At this point, I expect nothing. I know the game will never actually be worth the price of admission, and that Nintendo has a skeleton crew working on the game. It’s just a shame they won’t fix their contentless game.

Anti-Matter

@VoidofLight
Pardon.
Are you keep spouting negativity about ACNH ?
I'm already content with the features inside ACNH so far.

Anti-Matter

VoidofLight

@Anti-Matter Key word in your statement is “I”. You may be content with it, but that doesn’t change my opinion on the game. To me, the game isn’t worth the price they’re charging for it, as it has way less content than the other entries in the series.. however, you already know my opinions on the game, as I made them clear to you many times before in the past, and you kept refuting them by forcing your opinion down my throat, like you’re doing now.

Anti-Matter

@VoidofLight
"it has way less content than the other entries in the series"

We will see from ACNH Direct on 15 October 2021.
Maybe some major contents will be added after ACNH Direct.
ACNH itself currently has a lot of contents, definitely not less contents.

Anti-Matter

VoidofLight

@Anti-Matter it has way less content than New Leaf, and the updates don’t really fix that lack, given that you’re just handed the content from the updates without having to fully earn it.

BrittGOAL14

Finally finished my island’s new design! Plus Halloween decorations.

DA-5536-3403-5812

Switch Name - Brittany.
Island Name - Derry.
Dream Address - DA-5536-3403-5812

ACNH Catalog

Switch Friend Code: SW-7041-9015-5250 | 3DS Friend Code: 0619-3807-4819 | My Nintendo: BrittGOAL | Nintendo Network ID: BrittGOAL | Twitter:

VoidofLight

After the DLC and final update announcement, I have to say that New Horizons might just be worth the price I paid for it. It's probably not going to be my favorite game in the series, however I'm glad that so many things are making a return. Villagers will finally be able to visit my house now, and there are more things to work towards in the game, like collecting all the gyroids, or obtaining all the shops. The Happy Home Designer DLC is sweet, since it's effectively throwing in another complete game for 25 dollars, and this update seems to bring a massive amount of furniture as well.

It's a shame though that there's still things missing, like smaller holidays and shop upgrades, but I guess that's just that, and I'll just need to wait until the next game in the series, hoping that one will be better. For now though, this is enough to bring me back, and it's nice to have these things again, as well as the couple new additions introduced in this update/DLC.

MarioVillager92

@VoidofLight Yeah, the Animal Crossing direct is pretty much gonna encourage me to come back to it - as much as I like New Horizons, I kind of ran out of stuff to do. Pretty excited for this upcoming update and DLC. Would've been nice to have stuff like Panel de Pon and the other Nintendo-themed furniture. But what can you do?

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

kkslider5552000

I'm really, really happy that Happy Home Designer has a quasi-sequel here. Happy Home Designer was my chill, spend 20 minutes per play session game and it worked so well at that. I'm totally here for it being added and on top of 20 minute play sessions, its a good way to extend a normal day of Animal Crossing for me if I want (since ironically, I don't often like whenever I did short play sessions for the mainline games).

Honestly, this was the only way to do a big paid DLC (including having substantial free DLC simultaneously), and I never even considered it. This feels right.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

anynamereally

Well, yeah, gotta admit I'm a bit surprised they added Kapp'n back. This is my favorite character from the series. I love his songs and attitude, Kapp'n alone could potentially add a lot of charm and coziness back into the game.
So, uhm, all in all, it's looking good, but I'm still trying not to get my hopes up as item distribution is functionally still the same. And the last time I looked at it - it was a barren wasteland which means no new fish or insects, no new furniture in shops or as a gift from your villagers. Just the slowest drip of random recipes that you can drop from some stray balloons. That was all I got back then, and there's no sign that this will change even after all of the new additions to the game, at least not in a free update.

And Home Designer looks like it could have been a separate game just like it was back in 3DS days, but I believe it's just not that big enough to justify a separate spin-off.
Seems like they've beefed up the game with lots of new items and furniture in this paid DLC, so if only I had just started with AC:NH I'd probably be happy with it, but sadly I've played it since the release back in March 2020 and so I'm kinda done with this game by this point.
I don't feel like I need to invest any more time into it, because at some point it just stopped on giving back so I stopped as well. In fact I feel kinda burned out by the AC series as a whole thanks to New Horizons. And if they ever drop a new AC release somewhere far in the future I'd probably think twice before buying it. Maybe I should skip a couple of entries to restore some faith, lol.

Edited on by anynamereally

anynamereally

VoidofLight

@anynamereally Yeah, I’m probably not buying the next game either, if they handle it like they handled New Horizons.

Anti-Matter

Meanwhile, my impression get better with ACNH after some major update announcement.
It raised my score of ACNH from 90/100 to 92/100.
My highest score still holding by Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4 version (96/100)

Anti-Matter

octokid

Right now I am DYING from WFACNHU (Waiting For Animal Crossing New Horizons Update) disease! And the only cure is…… There is none!

amazing new mexico sunset. im hanging on a bridge with my friend-[GUNSHOTS] /ref
have a good day! stay hydrated! et cetera!
(any pronouns, she/they preferred, thank you!)

Switch Friend Code: SW-5873-1162-6324 | 3DS Friend Code: 3025-2448-4778 | My Nintendo: MonkeyMoo | Nintendo Network ID: MissMonkeyMoo

reporterdavid

I dont have a lot of friends, can't we manage some dates to play together, maby in november after the update?

Have a nice day. Voiceactor: The Pirates! (Sony/Aardman 2012) - The Passion: A Brickfilm (Neema 2019) - The Torchlighters: The Story of John Newton (Vision Video 2022)

MarioVillager92

@BrittGOAL14 Haven't visited your new DA yet, but I do intend to. Just started playing again in the past couple days, and I'm gonna work on moving my villagers' houses so I have more room for the new stuff coming in!

@reporterdavid I should be able to (if I'm not too busy that is), November sounds like a good time.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Anti-Matter

@reporterdavid
Add my Switch FC. 😀
I will inform here if my island is ready to visit or i want to visit your island.

Anti-Matter

BrittGOAL14

@octokid Same.

Switch Name - Brittany.
Island Name - Derry.
Dream Address - DA-5536-3403-5812

ACNH Catalog

Switch Friend Code: SW-7041-9015-5250 | 3DS Friend Code: 0619-3807-4819 | My Nintendo: BrittGOAL | Nintendo Network ID: BrittGOAL | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic