Forums

Topic: Am I the only one worried about post-2020 Nintendo?

Posts 101 to 120 of 121

Banjo-

Magician wrote:

@BlueOcean

I wasn't comparing the number of eShop games to the number of N64's physical releases.

You made that assumption yourself.

Magician wrote:

Between today and TBD 2021 there are over two-hundred games already announced as being in development for the Switch. By comparison, the N64 had fewer than 400 games across its entire six year lifespan. So...what's the problem here?

Either I didn't understand you or you didn't explained it well. Did you mean that there are 200 physical games in development for Switch, then?

Banjo-

Magician

@BlueOcean

I didn't specify if those upcoming games are digital or physical. Does that matter? It's difficult to determine that when so many games are initially digital-only and to get a physical release sometime later. My point was just the number of games on their way to the Switch.

All the ranting, raving, moaning and groaning about any perceived lack of games on Switch grates on my soul.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Banjo-

@Magician It matters when comparing Switch digital games and Nintendo 64 retail physical games. I agree with you sometimes but not this time but it isn't my intention to offend you.

Edited on by Banjo-

Banjo-

Magician

@BlueOcean

Alright, just to clarify.

Games that don't have a retail release aren't actual games.

Is that what you're saying?

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Banjo-

@Magician No, I'm saying that you can't compare the fact that 200 games are in development for Switch, most of them will be digital Android shovelware, with the number of physical Nintendo 64 games, each of which required a huge investment because all of them are physical.

Banjo-

Magician

@BlueOcean

There you go again, making more assumptions. How do you know what percentage of those upcoming 200+ games will be digital-only or shovelware for that matter? Shovelware games typically don't get continuous updates through social media. Usually, shovelware is just dumped on the eShop and forgotten.

Just because there's a box for a retail shelf doesn't denote the quality of that game.
Untitled

Edited on by Magician

sixrings

@Magician in all seriousness I always wanted to try superman 64.

And who knew it was multiplayer! My favourite mode.

Edited on by sixrings

sixrings

Banjo-

Magician wrote:

@BlueOcean

There you go again, making more assumptions. How do you know what percentage of those upcoming 200+ games will be digital-only or shovelware for that matter? Shovelware games typically don't get continuous updates through social media. Usually, shovelware is just dumped on the eShop and forgotten. Just because there's a box for a retail shelf doesn't denote the quality of that game.

What is the Superman 64 image for? Who said that all Nintendo 64 games are high-quality? I said "huge investment because they are all physical".

BlueOcean wrote:

@Magician No, I'm saying that you can't compare the fact that 200 games are in development for Switch, most of them will be digital Android shovelware, with the number of physical Nintendo 64 games, each of which required a huge investment because all of them are physical.

How much do I have to spend to develop a Switch digital game? And how many of those thousands of Switch games are rubbish?

However you want to express it, it doesn't make any sense to compare 200 Switch games currently in development, most of them digital shovelware, with the total number of physical Nintendo 64 games which is exactly what you did:

Magician wrote:

Between today and TBD 2021 there are over two-hundred games already announced as being in development for the Switch. By comparison, the N64 had fewer than 400 games across its entire six year lifespan. So...what's the problem here?

Besides, you are taking this personally, not sure why. I am not attacking you.

Edited on by Banjo-

Banjo-

Banjo-

Mintendoll wrote:

@BlueOcean
How about all those great indie games that aren't getting a physical release because the developers can't afford them? Aren't those good enough to qualify for being a proper game? Many of them are better than some games that actually do get physical releases.

There's no point in differentiating the two release models. The Switch is getting far more quality games than any Nintendo console before. Period.

First paragraph, no, those 200 digital games won't be great indie games. Most will be shovelware.

Second paragraph is just your opinion. Anyway, you can't compare the number of games on the eShop with the number of games of a console that is physical-only and that's what I'm saying that doesn't make any sense:

Magician wrote:

Edited on by Banjo-

Banjo-

sixrings

My most anticipated game in 2020 is ACA Hamster Raiden. What the heck does that say about this year or the switches future.

sixrings

jump

sixrings wrote:

My most anticipated game in 2020 is ACA Hamster Raiden. What the heck does that say about this year or the switches future.

It says more about your taste in games than anything else.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Magician

@BlueOcean

Alright, I'll be the better person and let the discussion drop. Apparently the Switch's near 1,000 physical releases (thus far) don't compare to the N64's lifetime physical releases of fewer than 400. Yup...that makes sense.
Untitled

sixrings

@Magician

Mario 64 - Mario Odyssey
Mario Party 1/2/3/4- Super Mario party
Mario Tennis - Mario Tennis Aces
Zelda OoT - BOTW
Zelda Majoras mask - BOTW 2
Mario Kart 64 - Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
smash Bros - Super Smash Ultimate
Donkey Kong 64 - DKTF
star fox 64 - ...
Kirby - Kirby
Kirby Air Ride -.....
Mario Golf - ....
Fzero - ....
Pilot Wings - ....
Golden Eye - ....
Kobe Bryant Courtside - ....
Ken Griffey Baseball - ...
1080 Snowboarding - ....
wave race 64 - ....
Killer Instinct - ....
Crusin USA - .... (Although Crusn blast exists in arcades)

BTW BOTW, MK, SB, DKTF were all available on the Wii U

I do love some Splatoon 2 though

Edited on by sixrings

sixrings

Banjo-

Magician wrote:

@BlueOcean Alright, I'll be the better person and let the discussion drop. Apparently the Switch's near 1,000 physical releases (thus far) don't compare to the N64's lifetime physical releases of fewer than 400. Yup...that makes sense.

I'll make it simple, real simple so you understand this time .

Magician wrote:

You can't compare 200 games currently in development for Switch including all the digital shovelware that we're used to on the eShop with the total number of games that any physical-only console has had.

Banjo-

Magician

@sixrings

I'd appreciate a new F-Zero. The rest...I could live without.

sixrings

@Magician I get it. We all have different preferences. But you shouldn't be shocked some people are less than thrilled with the software line up of the switch given that comparison.

As for the hardware if we could just get a steady 1080p 30fps I'd be happy with the system. 60fps is the dream but then I'm going to get into a whole don't you know even ps4 games don't run at 1080p 60fps debate.

sixrings

Anti-Matter

@BlueOcean
The games that shovelware for you are the hidden diamond for other people.
You really cannot say shovelwares are 100% rubbish.
Let's say Cooking Mama Cookstar.
Does it AAA title? No
Shovelware ? Maybe for you but not for me and other people.
People defined the games as shovelware when the games didn't even look interesting at all.
I could say the Western AAA 3rd party games are shovelwares too since they will never amuse me.

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

@sixrings
I did like this.
Rather than keep expecting something nonsense on Nintendo Switch, i bought both Nintendo and Sony machines.
So when the games are not ported to Switch, i can play on Playstation version and it saves my day. I support both of them because they are complementing each other.

And please stop saying ports are bad.
Without ports, we cannot experienced FF X/X-2 , FF XII TZA, World of Final Fantasy MAXIMA, etc on Nintendo Switch.
Be granted to see more ports.
Making video game take a lot of times and patience.
And you keep your expectations too high for the games on Nintendo Switch.
Why don't you ever try something lower from your expectations, even some smaller games tasted better than AAA games.

Anti-Matter

sixrings

@Anti-Matter that's perfectly fine that they are diamonds for you. But for others they're just shovelware and as a result we may not be as happy as you are. The problem is that if you are at all negative then you are considered not a true Nintendo fan on this site.

My childhood Mario wallpaper, Zelda bed sheets, current full size donkey Kong arcade machine and collection of every system but virtual boy would differ but no matter what I say people are upset that someone is not happy as they are with the switch.

sixrings

Banjo-

sixrings wrote:

@Anti-Matter that's perfectly fine that they are diamonds for you. But for others they're just shovelware and as a result we may not be as happy as you are. The problem is that if you are at all negative then you are considered not a true Nintendo fan on this site.

Some people take it personally, behave like devotees against heretics. It's ridiculous.

Banjo-

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic