Forums

Topic: almost ready to sell my switch

Posts 301 to 320 of 376

erv

@skywake I love your graphs, they're always awesome. Just saying.

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

MarcelRguez

@skywake Seconding what @erv said. Thanks for taking your time doing actual research to back up your claims.

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

Mahe

@skywake Oh hello Mr. Switch fanboy, trying to use outdated figures to make the Switch look better. Did you happen to realize that Switch is now running 19 weeks, not 10? And that the sales dropped dramatically in May & June? Look up the latest NPD and Media Create results.

Switch fanboys are still in denial mode, but I expect the "what should Nintendo do to fix the Switch situation" articles to start appearing soon. Enjoy!

Oh, and buy a PS4 if you don't have one already. It really is so much better.

Mahe

skywake

@Mahe
I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or not but those were the latest numbers I had. If you have newer data that sheds an entirely different light on the situation then feel free to post it. I'm more than open to changing my tone if you present a decent argument, especially if it's backed up by data.

In any case at 19 weeks the Wii U had sold 6.2mill units of software and the 3DS took until August was still yet to brake 6mill at that stage. The Switch is currently at 18 weeks, I posted data upto week 12 where it had already hit 6mill units of software. If it has sold <500k units of software globally in the last month? Then I'll retract what I said about it outperforming the Wii U by some margin. But I'm looking at the Media Crate report for the week ending the 18th of June and it has:

NS Arms - 100k
NS Mario Kart 8 - 16k
NS BotW - 10k

Given that was just one of the six "missing" weeks and Japan only accounts for ~20% of the Switch's global software sales? I think it's fair to say that the Switch is probably still ahead of the Wii U and 3DS.

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
An opinion is only respectable if it can be defended. Respect people, not opinions

BigBadJohn

Trolling 101: Call someone a fanboy. Use a generalised sweeping statement about something you have no personal experience of. Predict future failure with no basis in reality. Adopt a "I'm right everyone else is wrong attitude". Get incredibly frustrated and angry when the failure you are hoping for (why I will never know) fails to materialise. Or smile and be happy. Enjoy your day and be kind to a stranger. Maybe have a slice of cake and enjoy a sunset with a loved one. The world can be a beautiful place.

@skywake People like this don't appreciate facts and figures. They prefer unwarranted bias and scorn.

Edited on by BigBadJohn

SW-5512-0541-9236

Name the movie quote "Toolshed!"

Lethal

I hope I am wrong. I hate seeing my money go to waste. But right now the sales figures and profit margins show me that Nintendo needs to bring more to the Switch quickly. There are a lot of people selling used Switches because they finished Zelda and are done with the device. That is a problem.

I just hope Nintendo sees what I am seeing and by Christmas we get a huge update that makes people want to hang on to their Switch and spend more money on software at the same time.

If Nintendo really wanted to provide consumers with the best possible options, they would include the following as soon as possible.

In no particular order

1. Some sort of trophy system comparable to Xbox and Playstation.
2. Miiverse on the Switch (No excuse for this to be missing)
3. YouTube
4. Web browser (I used this a lot on my Wii U to upload full resolution screenshots taken from Wii U)
5. Messenger (ridiculous that Nintendo would allow you to see when your friends come online without being able to send them a message)

There is no doubt that these would help boost Nintendo's sales and make for happier consumers. Anyone who argues this is 100% a fanboy/girl that just wants to defend Nintendo at all costs even if it makes them look stupid.

Edited on by Lethal

Switch Friend Code - SW-1147-4867-6886

shaneoh

Lethal wrote:

There are a lot of people selling used Switches because they finished Zelda and are done with the device.

That doesn't affect Nintendo's profit margin, they've already made money from those customers. If any more games come that those people want to play, they'll have to buy another switch.

Lethal wrote:

I just hope Nintendo sees what I am seeing

A close up of your small intestines?

Lethal wrote:

1. Some sort of trophy system comparable to Xbox and Playstation.

The number of people holding off from buying a switch because of no achievements is negligible. The switch is in such high demand at the moment that other people will buy it instead

Lethal wrote:

2. Miiverse on the Switch (No excuse for this to be missing)

No excuse other than they aren't using it anymore? Instead they're letting people post to twitter and facebook.

Lethal wrote:

3. YouTube

Will come eventually, but it isn't Nintendo's responsibility to bring it to the system.

Lethal wrote:

4. Web browser (I used this a lot on my Wii U to upload full resolution screenshots taken from Wii U)

Will come eventually, not a necessity. You can already upload screenshots (do you even switch?)

Lethal wrote:

5. Messenger (ridiculous that Nintendo would allow you to see when your friends come online without being able to send them a message)

Will likely be here with the paid online service. But I don't really see this being a big issue for you personally.

Lethal wrote:

Anyone who argues this is 100% a fanboy/girl that just wants to defend Nintendo at all costs even if it makes them look stupid.

Well I'm glad I only LOOK stupid

Edited on by shaneoh

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

Rudy_Manchego

In my mind, predicting the success of a device four months in of an at least 4 year life span is pretty sketchy at best.

Systems have lifespans, peaks and troughs. From memory, for the first year, most people wrote the Wii off until it gained momentum. At launch, who would have thought the PS4 would go on to dominate this generation? The 3DS was decared DOA until the price drop but that has sold a pretty respectable set of units.

The Switch needs new games and new features as any new console does. NIntendo are aware of this and the success of the Switch long term (which is what really matters) depends entirely on how they deal with the first year or two. The Switch has cleared the first gate in terms of connecting with fans. Predicting its life now based on four months is next to impossible. Mario Odyssey could be the best Mario game ever and propel the Switch further upwards or it could be terrible and kill the hype. Who knows?

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

My Nintendo: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

RenderSpotlight

Nintendo would have years and and years of actual player data. If youtube was such a major part of the puzzle they would have made it a priority.

RenderSpotlight

skywake

Lethal wrote:

I hope I am wrong. I hate seeing my money go to waste. But right now the sales figures and profit margins show me that Nintendo needs to bring more to the Switch quickly. There are a lot of people selling used Switches because they finished Zelda and are done with the device. That is a problem.

What sales figures? I posted a couple of graphs a few responses above this showing weekly cumulative sales for both software and hardware. On the former its tracking reasonably well for a console that launched during the quiet period of the year for software sales. On the latter it's moving at a similar pace to the Wii. In terms of profitability Nintendo's share price is the highest it has been since 2008. It has risen by ~55% since the Switch launched. So what on earth are you talking about?

"A lot of people". Do you have figures for that? How much of that is as a result of people scalping due to supply constraints. It should be noted again that where I live there are not supply issues. When I do a search for the Switch in my area this is everything Switch related that comes up:

1. Switch + BotW
2. Someone wanting to trade their PC for a Switch
3. Right JoyCon, brought a pack of two only wanted one of them
4. Switch + BotW
5. Has Been Heroes, Lego City Undercover and a JoyCon Charging grip
6. Someone wanting to trade their PS4 for a Switch
7. Someone wanting to trade their Wii U and some games for a Switch
8. Someone else wanting to trade their PS4 for a Switch
9. Switch by itself, unwanted gift "brand new"
10. BotW limited edition, still in box
11. Someone wanting to trade their iPad for a Switch

As I think you said earlier, you are only going to see what you want to see. Perhaps you should take that comment to heart because the only person being a blind to the data here is you.

Edited on by skywake

An opinion is only respectable if it can be defended. Respect people, not opinions

Lethal

skywake wrote:

As I think you said earlier, you are only going to see what you want to see. Perhaps you should take that comment to heart because the only person being a blind to the data here is you.

Sure. You are right, I am wrong. Move on.

BigBadJohn

Lethal wrote:

skywake wrote:

The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem. We are all here for you buddy.

Edited on by BigBadJohn

SW-5512-0541-9236

Lethal

BigBadJohn wrote:

Lethal wrote:

skywake wrote:

The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem. We are all here for you buddy.

Sure. Arguing opinions is a waste of time. Time will tell all. Enjoy your day!

skywake

Lethal wrote:

Everyone has an opinion but not all opinions are equal. You should be making a constant effort to be super hard on your opinions. Take your opinions out, put them on the side of the road and smash it to pieces with a 2x4. If it can withstand that sort of treatment? Then it might be a worthy opinion to hold.

I have absolutely zero respect for opinions that are wrapped up in cotton wool. Arguments are how you beat the crap out of unworthy opinions. Arguing with opinions is not a waste of time. I'd argue that it's the only thing you should be doing with your opinions. Don't be scared to have your opinions beaten up, it's what they're for.

Edited on by skywake

BigBadJohn

Lethal wrote:

Aw thanks buddy. That's really nice of you. You enjoy your day too 😀

SW-5512-0541-9236

mav-i-am

FWIW on Switches being sold, there is never more than two in my local CeX, so while some are selling without a doubt, there are still buyers.

Switch games list,

Legend of Zelda BotW, Human resource machine, NBA Playgrounds, Street Fighter 2, Super Bomberman R, Snipperclips, Overcooked, World of Goo.

Nintendo Network ID: mav-i-am | Twitter:

NaviAndMii

shaneoh wrote:

Lethal wrote:

It is like teaching calculus to a kid who can't pass algebra.

In this instance, I think it's the kid that can't pass algebra trying to teach the teacher calculus.

Do Nintendo Life have annual awards? If so, I'm nominating this for 'Riposte Of The Year'

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.