Forums

Topic: almost ready to sell my switch

Posts 281 to 300 of 376

Lethal

BigBadJohn wrote:

you are a guy criticising them on the internet.

I am a consumer voicing my concerns. There is a difference.

Will the Switch continue to succeed?

We will see

Edited on by Lethal

Switch Friend Code - SW-1147-4867-6886

BigBadJohn

@Lethal Dont flirt with me petal. You said you would destroy me with your amazing insight. I'm ready and waiting. It's an open goal.

SW-5512-0541-9236

Name the movie quote "Toolshed!"

Lethal

Launch quarter sales

Wii - 2.86 million units
software - 13.7 million

Wii U - 2.66 million units
software - 10.17 million

Switch - 2.74 million units
software - 5.46 million

There is a trend. I can pull more information but it all backs up what I am saying. There is more money to be made outside of selling a unit. Money that Nintendo needs to focus on making. But what do I know? I am just a guy on the internet..... But outside the internet I am guy that knows how to make money.

So what have we learned today? In order to make the most profit from your product you need to cater to all the consumers needs. If that means launching with YouTube, messenger, Netflix, whatever. Then by all means that needs to happen so that consumer is carrying that device around and possibly spending more money on software, hardware, ect. while using that device.

Edited on by Lethal

NinROCK3T

@Lethal oh shoot that's kinda scary... At least the Switch has much more hype & demand surrounding it than the Wii U had

Go 2 my YT channel "ninrock3t"

Switch Friend Code: SW-5352-8021-7831 | My Nintendo: NinROCK3T | Nintendo Network ID: NinROCK3T | Twitter:

Lethal

NinROCK3T wrote:

@Lethal oh shoot that's kinda scary... At least the Switch has much more hype & demand surrounding it than the Wii U had

Exactly!!!! This is why it is essential that Nintendo strikes now before that hype goes away.

JasmineDragon

@rallydefault I really don't consider BC a necessity. To be clear, I'm very very very happy with the Switch exactly the way it is. My point regarding BC was simply a response to one post concerning the 3DS launch lineup: it didn't need a lot of launch titles to justify owning one, because BC effectively gave it a library of several hundred games.

Switch FC: SW-5152-0041-1364
Remind yourself that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer.

BigBadJohn

@Lethal Oh man you blew it. You googled it and pulled figures off the first page. That's so disappointing. Okay so firstly in what way does this prove you know how to make money and Nintendo doesn't? Secondly Switch launched in a different quarter to both Wii and Wii U making comparisons pointless. Thirdly how does this prove in anyway that the Switch would benefit from a browser, Netflix or YouTube.

Listen here's the thing you are more than entitled to your opinion. The issue comes when you put much more importance on your opinion above everyone else. Using this claim that you know better than an internationally traded company because you run a business is deluded at best. I once ran a car boot sale, doesn't mean I know better than Amazon on how to sell books.

SW-5512-0541-9236

shaneoh

Lethal wrote:

So what have we learned today? In order to make the most profit from your product you need to cater to all the consumers needs.

Ooooh! Oooh! ME! ME! I need a back scratcher in my switch! I need a toilet paper dispenser and a mechanised arm to wipe my backside while I'm at it! I need money and food! Nintendo your new console should have launched with these features, I'm severely disappointed. Did you even think this through?

Switch is a game console, a game console needs games. THe switch launched with games. Mission accomplished. You're confusing what the switch NEEDS, with what you WANT.

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

BigBadJohn

shaneoh wrote:

Lethal wrote:

So what have we learned today? In order to make the most profit from your product you need to cater to all the consumers needs.

Ooooh! Oooh! ME! ME! I need a back scratcher in my switch! I need a toilet paper dispenser and a mechanised arm to wipe my backside while I'm at it! I need money and food! Nintendo your new console should have launched with these features, I'm severely disappointed. Did you even think this through?

Switch is a game console, a game console needs games. THe switch launched with games. Mission accomplished. You're confusing what the switch NEEDS, with what you WANT.

Don't criticise him. He runs two businesses and is much more versed in the games industry than us. In fact he knows more than Nintendo. They've been kicking around for 100 years but don't know squat about the business world.

Edited on by BigBadJohn

SW-5512-0541-9236

BigBadJohn

@shaneoh it's okay it'll be a while until he replies. He has to google more business terminology to back up his arguments.

SW-5512-0541-9236

skywake

I'm posting this for the benefit/amusement/education of everyone else. The person who I'm replying to will just dismiss everything that doesn't come out of their head as "opinion". Nobody is going to get anywhere in this thread. You can't win an argument with someone who thinks they're the god-damn pope. So I kinda made a point earlier of not responding but, well, I can't help myself but reply when someone is this wrong.

Lethal wrote:

"Hey guys you get to bring one portable device with you on this trip. Which one will you choose?"

1. Nintendo Switch
Pros:
Cons:

2. All other portable devices
Pros:
Cons:

As a business this isn't a scenario that Nintendo particularly cares about. They care about the point of sale way more than how consumers actually use their device. That's the part where the consumer hands over the money. You should understand that's the bit where they're getting the money given you've brought two of them.

Secondly I don't think consumers buying this in the shops are comparing it to other tablet devices. Especially not tablet devices for kids. Frankly it's priced way too high to be competitive in that space even if it did have all of the apps. Sure everything competes with everything but its main competitors are the other consoles on the market. To be clear...

Switch:
Portable and can be played on TV
Two orders of magnitude more powerful than the 3DS
Has two big killer apps with Mario Kart & Zelda

3DS:
Portable
Super cheap
Well established library of games

PS4/XBOne:
Not Portable
Well established library of games
One order of magnitude more powerful than the Switch

Lethal wrote:

Launch quarter sales

Wii - 2.86 million units
software - 13.7 million

Wii U - 2.66 million units
software - 10.17 million

Switch - 2.74 million units
software - 5.46 million

There is a trend.

Well I don't know where you're getting those numbers from because the numbers I have don't line up with what you've posted here. In any case there is one thing other than what has been mentioned that make those numbers pretty meaningless. The Switch wasn't bundled with anything. All the games people got with the Switch they paid for over and above the cost of the console itself.

The Wii's million sellers 12 weeks after launch:
3.9mill - Wii Sports (free)
2.3mill - Zelda - Twilight Princess
1.2mill - Wii Play (easiest way to get a WiiMote)

And for the Wii U:
1.8mill - NintendoLand (bundled with the more popular premium SKU)
1.5mill - New SMB U

Lastly Switch:
2.8mill - Zelda: Breath of the Wild
1.8mill - Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

The fact that more people are buying BotW and Mario Kart 8 than brought New SMB U? That's a huge positive for the Switch over the Wii U. The fact that BotW is doing better than TP on the Wii? That's again a positive thing. The fact that a whole bunch of people had Wii Sports on the Wii and NintendoLand on Wii U? That doesn't really mean much in this context given that as far as they were concerned that game was free.

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Lethal

lol forget it man. You are seeing only what you want to see. I am done going over this with you.

It is like teaching calculus to a kid who can't pass algebra.

Edited on by Lethal

skywake

On every bus there is a crazy man. If you get on the bus and everyone seems crazy? You're the crazy man

Edited on by skywake

shaneoh

skywake wrote:

I'm posting this for the benefit/amusement/education of everyone else.

At this point it's definitely amusement.

skywake wrote:

You can't win an argument with someone who thinks they're the god-damn pope.

Can't win at Tetris either, but I can still enjoy having a game of it every now and then

Lethal wrote:

It is like teaching calculus to a kid who can't pass algebra.

In this instance, I think it's the kid that can't pass algebra trying to teach the teacher calculus.

Edited on by shaneoh

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

NinROCK3T

Statistics aside, I just feel the Switch succeeding. The publicity & amount of people I know in day to day life who plan on getting one themselves gives me hope.

Go 2 my YT channel "ninrock3t"

Switch Friend Code: SW-5352-8021-7831 | My Nintendo: NinROCK3T | Nintendo Network ID: NinROCK3T | Twitter:

BigBadJohn

@Lethal What have we learnt today people? It's fun to debate but try to have some perspective when it comes to other people's opinions. Peace brother.

SW-5512-0541-9236

skywake

Another thing just to keep beating a dead horse. Mr "I'm quoting the actual numbers" here earlier in this thread choose to simply ignore this graph that I posted. This was from when they were trying to argue that the lack of units for the Switch on shelves was purely artificial, that there was no actual demand. This clearly isn't the case with the Switch keeping track with the Wii on this metric:

Untitled

So because the argument turned to software sales and specifically software sales compared to previous Nintendo consoles? Being the fan of data over opinions that I am lets do the same for software sales. Lets beat this horse so damn hard that PETA start making flash games about us.
Untitled

I think a fair person looking at that chart would notice a couple of things. First I think people would notice how good the PS4 did in this metric at launch. The second thing to notice is how poorly the 3DS did. But the last and probably most thread relevant thing would be the Switch's sales. With the launch of Mario Kart 8 the Switch overtook the Wii U in terms of software sales. And this is the quiet time of year for buying games! So much for trends in software sales proving Nintendo's doom

Edited on by skywake

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.