Forums

Topic: Adult Switch Gamers

Posts 2,621 to 2,640 of 2,648

JaxonH

Started gaming in 1989 when I got an NES for Christmas with Mega Man 3 (benefits of dad owning a pawn shop at the time).

Where has the time gone. All I know is, when you grow up playing the classics, you develop a certain appreciation for Nintendo game design that a lot of modern gamers simply don’t exhibit. Though, it does seem the Switch is changing that. Wii did nothing to convince younger gamers there is merit to a more pure, gameplay focused approach. Thankfully, Switch is doing it right this time.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

kkslider5552000

I'm not sure most teens even use message boards anymore, I feel like social media took over all that. And I feel so, so bad for kids because of that. Almost no one deserves social media.

Point is, I assume everyone here who has posted more than a couple of times and knows how to forum is an adult.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

StuTwo

I think the article on the front page "what was your first Nintendo console" was quite telling and quite surprising really. That poll suggested that most of the readers of NL started with the NES or SNES...

StuTwo

Switch Friend Code: SW-6338-4534-2507

SonOfVon

feel free to join our discord, we're all "adults" over there. we managed to keep it friendly and pleasant through all these years, link is in my signature

Switch Friend Code: SW 5242 9451 6529 | Nintendo Network ID: SonOfVon
🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread  Discord 

Shroudednightmare

24 years old and still playing "kids" games even today lol.

Shroudednightmare

Drunkracer

Hey are you still ok for people to add you? Do you play matiokart 8?

Friend code sw- 7907-4302-9017
Hit me up 😉

mauhlin12

@Drunkracer Yep, Discord link is here: https://discord.gg/jy4SCA5Q
We usually play Mario Kart on Saturdays at 830 pm UK time, I believe we'll be playing Friday at the same time as well to celebrate the new tracks.

mauhlin12

Switch Friend Code: sw-1462-2641-1823 | Nintendo Network ID: mauhlin12

JasmineDragon

I'm pretty sure I wrote something here about 75 pages ago, but anyway...

I'm 52 and have been into gaming since Space Invaders. I mostly play PC, boardgames and Switch. I dabble in all the genres but my favorites are RPGs, strategy, 4X and shmups. I'm also (semi) dedicated to Ring Fit Adventure.

If anybody wants more People Of A Certain Age in their friends list, my FC is in my sig.

Switch FC: SW-5152-0041-1364
Remind yourself that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer.

PSVR_lover

I’m an adult, but I mostly play adventure games and visual novels. I do also have a PC I game on too.

The PSVR is the best VR system on the market today.

Quimbolas

31 and counting! Been playing since 4 on SNES

Quimbolas

Solaine

23 for me

"on a scale of 1 to 10, she's an 11, and she'd give herself a 12" ~The Burst, Furi

Rossoverde

42 - looking forward to retiring in 25 years time to spend some quality time with my backlog

Edited on by Rossoverde

Rossoverde

Barbiegurl777

@JaxonH

34. I agree with you. I also started gaming between 1989 & 1990. Got the NES 1989. My first games were Duck Hunt with the orange guns & Sesame Street 123 ABC. I agree with an appreciation for Nintendo games over time with different consoles / handheld's. When I turned 6 got the SNES played the heck out of it until 15. Also got the N64 when 12. 15 when got GBC later gave my teal GBC to my younger cousin because at the time GameStop refused to take it because I took the bar code sticker off the back mainly because it was already peeling off & turning yellow & I was taught after you buy something your supposed to take the price tag off it which at the time I thought was the bar code on the back of the handheld. At the time GameStop tried to accuse me of stealing my own GBC because of no bar code I explained to them why I took the price tag/ bar code off it then because they ticked me off for refusing to take it. I purposely said straight to there face I'll give my GBC to my younger cousin for free your loss (Which I later did & even gave my younger cousin her choice of any of my game boy games which she picked DuckTales if I remember correctly). Same year got my pink see through GBA & didn't have to pay 1 penny on the game system or there warranty. Had 60+ super Nintendo games on trade in. GameStop was not happy but I was thrilled at the time. They were shocked. 🤣 I later got my red GBA SP (I still have), Crimson red DS Lite, blue dsi, teal / aqua 3ds, Pikachu 3ds xl, teal 3ds, Australian blue see through 2DS, Wii U, Nintendo switch. Sorry for being a little long winded lol~ 😂😂😂🤣

Happy Gaming! (^~^)

Edited on by Barbiegurl777

The Beatitudes: Matthew 5:1-12

Switch Friend Code: SW-4995-4179-4294 | Nintendo Network ID: Barbiegurl777

GonzoBobH

I'm so old, I've probably already replied to this thread. Just kidding, I'm going to be 60 this year. The cool part, I'm totally retired and can play games as long as I want, I can stay up as late as I want, and I can buy whatever I want. That is pretty cool. But it took a while to get here. Anywho, happy gaming!.

"It's all foma"

W90WBA

Is there an age range for this discord channel then haha

W90WBA

Schprocket

Another sexagenarian here, like young @GonzoBobH.

"I'm old ... I'm over 30..."

Yeah, and I could be .. YOUR FATHER!!!!

"Noooooooooooooooo "

Switch Friend Code: SW-5050-7443-2444

3DS Friend Code: 0130-1852-6021 | Nintendo Network ID: Schprocket

PhhhCough

38 yrs old switch gamer, here! I find it funny when other adults act like gaming is wholly for children. Youre telling me games like gtfo, bayonetta, gta, etc, were all created with young children in mind? C'mon. Oh, as if dressing up as your favorite athlete is "adulting".

PhhhCough

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic