Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 4,481 to 4,500 of 69,997

DefHalan

Why would the Nintendo Store be closed for the NX Reveal?

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

MarcelRguez

@AlternateButtons Whoops. You're absolutely right.
Then again, it's not like people haven't gotten married there and things like that. Could be anything.

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

Octane

@AlternateButtons They're not going to have stupid Yokai watch dress up party as a follow up of their NX reveal. It's literally nothing.

Octane

Octane

AlternateButtons wrote:

I just think the timing is fishy seeing as it's the beginning of October, the month that's rumored for the NX reveal.

Wasn't that supposed to happen this month? They're going to have to reveal it eventually, but the ''rumours'' are predicting every single upcoming month. It wasn't E3, so it's July; no August or Gamescom, then it was September and now it's October. When it doesn't happen next month, they'll say November..

Octane

DefHalan

TomJ wrote:

Every time I hear the words NX, i feel cold and lifeless and sad....if I'm alone on this, judge me.

Stop watching YouTube videos. Then you won't hear NX as much lol

DefHalan

@AlternateButtons unless the NX is delayed even later than March

Octane

@AlternateButtons That's my point, it will be revealed ''soon'', anyone can predict that. So I don't really buy these reveal date rumours, they're nothing more than educated guesses at this point. Besides, Square Enix actually talked about an NX version of DQ earlier this year, we didn't get a reveal either. So I don't think there's a correlation between the BG&E tease and NX; it will likely end up on all other platforms anyway.

Octane

Grumblevolcano

@AlternateButtons Not quite Zelda has a 2017 release date, not March 2017. People are assuming it's March because of NX release month, a typo around E3 and a release date for the Archer amiibo.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

DefHalan

@AlternateButtons they could always release it on Wii U in March and NX later. But game delays are very common, so I doubt it would be that big of a deal.

MarcelRguez

@DefHalan Both versions will be available to the public simultaneously, within 6 months of the NX's release at the latest. If MVC is to be trusted, we know that the NX is supposed to get Zelda, Mario and Pokémon games in that time frame.

@Octane The only way BG&E2 is getting out of dev hell after all this time is if someone invests a good amount of cash in the project to turn it into an exclusive, especially after the first game becoming a textbook example of commercial failure.

Edited on by MarcelRguez

MarcelRguez

DefHalan

@MarcelRguez plans change sometimes

MarcelRguez

@DefHalan There's zero reason to assume they have, especially since delaying the Wii U version even further would be a PR nightmare.

MarcelRguez

DefHalan

@MarcelRguez I am just talking about possibilities. Things can change. NX reveal/release dates. Software release plans. There is nothing that states Nintendo must announce the NX this year or the NX must release by March 2017.

Moshugan

@EOTW @Grumblevolcano @FragRed @DefHalan One thing I'm sure of is that the silence and the lateness of news regarding the NX has nothing to do with Nintendo fearing any kind of backlash.
I can't believe for a second that they would be releasing another platform that they aren't proud of and confident in.
Nintendo second guessing their product doesn't make sense at this point in time, especially after the kind of endorsement that Ubisoft has given (specifically the line "that’s what I likethat they come with something new that is adapted to what we actually want now.")

The lateness of news can only be because of either some practical issues (delay in game, hardware production) or an unconventional premeditated marketing plan (aggressive multi-front marketing that takes place in a relative short span of time).

My Super Mario Maker 2's Maker ID: R7B-M93-5GF

Nintendo Network ID: Moshugan

MarcelRguez

@DefHalan You mean beyond their own words, the fact that they're just selling leftover Wii Us at this point, that they only have minor titles in the pipeline and that they've directly told investors that the NX is still on track for a March release? What about profits? What are they supposed to say at the shareholder's briefing if they don't have a new device ready for purchase before thr new fiscal year begins?

I wouldn't call that "nothing" exactly.

Edited on by MarcelRguez

MarcelRguez

DefHalan

@Moshugan i totally agree

DefHalan

@MarcelRguez I would call those promises, not set in stone information. Things can be delayed after telling people your plans, it happens all the time. Just because Nintendo was confident of a certain schedule doesn't mean they can stick to that schedule. I hope it isn't delayed but it could be

SLIGEACH_EIRE

To those of you doubting that Beyond Good & Evil 2 is coming to the NX, stop doubting it! The only question to ask is, is it exclusive? I can't say 100% but I believe it is. I've heard it numerous times from sources I respect and they say it's happening. RMC on GoNintendo was only talking about it a little over a week ago on his weekly podcast. Watch the video below from 1:11:40 onwards for a few minutes.

It's happening folks and I think Nintendo forked out the money to resurrect it from its limbo. Besides, Ubisoft need a major title to get back in our good books.

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

WebHead

@DefHalan which makes me nervous. nintendo has not been very good at sticking to schedules lately.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

DefHalan

@WebHead I am really hoping it isn't delayed, but I am throwing it out as a possibility.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic