Forums

Topic: Pokemon Go

Posts 121 to 140 of 328

DefHalan

@Mario90125 your game data should transfer

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

skywake

It's almost amusing how much the news and other soapboxes have found a way to be negative about it. They have to talk about it every chance they can because it's a big deal. But positive stuff? Well no, that doesn't get people tuned in. So they go for the scary headlines.

For example last night the news heavily promoted a story about Pokemon Go. Specifically one about kids at school because school goes back today after the winter break. They promoted it as a warning to parents and teachers and gave it the headline "be prepared". So you can understand what they were trying to get people to think before the story even started.

Then you get into the story and it's.... pretty thin. They mentioned that kids should be looking before they cross the road (a given). They mentioned that kids shouldn't be playing it in class (it's a GPS based game, good luck playing in class). And that was about it. Then they interviewed a teacher who basically said that the game could be a good way to teach kids some local history. Also that mobile phones are not new, schools already have mobile phone policies.

And that was it. They've done a story like that that every night for the last week.

@125Mario90125
Your player data is tied to your online account. The game downloads your progress every time you load the game. So not only can you move from one device to a brand new device but you should also be able to play on two devices. Like a phone for when you're going for a walk and a tablet when you're doing team management at home at the end of the day.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
An opinion is only respectable if it can be defended. Respect people, not opinions

Therad

Mario90125 wrote:

I have a question:

I have a HTC Desire 626s and I'm playing Pokemon Go with it. Unfortunately, I just learned that It doesn't have a gyroscope, meaning that I can't catch Pokemon in AR mode. I'm planning to get a better phone since my Desire is a Metro PCS phone and my family uses AT&T. I signed in with Google. Is it possible that i can still have my Pokemon Go data intact on my future phone?

While the AR feature is cool, it drains the battery much faster, so it is better to have it off.

Therad

DefHalan

I can't sign in again...

Rexcalibr

Rattata is kinda my favorite because he tries to act tough even though he's not intimidating at all.

Rexcalibr

Randomname19

From the official Doctor Who Facebook page:
"With two ‪#‎PokémonGo‬ gyms, it's no wonder the whole place is packed with these little monsters!"
"Hitmonlee has been keeping people off the Tenth Doctor's TARDIS. Can you help?"
Untitled
"One is a terrifying monster hell bent on controlling the planet with his psychic powers. The other one is Davros."
Untitled

Avatar by AzulieZeiro and BeanMChocolate

Tasuki

So I have to ask us anyone running out of Pokeballs all the time? I am at level 9 about midway to 10 and alot of Pokémon I find usually take 2 or 3 balls to catch as the break out. I am not sure if there is a trick to making sure they don't break out but anyway I am going through Pokeballs alot.

Now I know that you can get Pokeballs from Pokestops and as it is I work right next to one so I hit it on an hourly basis however I usually get 1 or 2 pokeballs and a couple of either revives, barrier or potions. I don't want to spend money on Pokeballs so I am asking for any tips on conserving and maybe getting more Pokeballs?

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

DefHalan

@Tasuki In my city there is a street with about 20 PokeStops, so my wife and I hit that street every couple of days and fill up our bags, sometimes deleting weaker items to make more room for more Pokeballs/Greatballs

Tasuki

@DefHalan Good gosh that's alot. The most I have seen is like 3 or 4 in one area. There is a place across the street from where I live that has six Pokéstops in a reasonable walking area but 3 of them don't exist anymore and the area they are in have a huge fence around it so there is no way of getting to them.

I do have a shopping plaza in my area that has 3 Pokéstops in it but unless I want to camp them which I usually don't have the time.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

edhe

After setting up BT Wifi on my iPod, I have caught my first pokemon away from my home network. I still can't get anything in the wilderness, but I'm glad I can use the app to some extent.

I got a lowly Paras, by the way...

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6650-8335-1908 | 3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260

jdoll

the wife and i are loving the game i don't play a ton but enjoy when i do and its nice to go outside and s till game a little. meeting new people new gamers is nice also. i am looking forward to the bracelet accessory only downsides i see are it hurts my phone battery life and heats it up a bit especially on hot days i use a samsung galaxy s6 to play and am team mystic as is most of the people who play in my nearest major city but my little town i live in is team red

jdoll

FriedSquid

@bogofet To answer your question, the medals are named after Trainer classes from the handheld games. For example Punk Girl and Battle Girl would have Poison and Fighting types respectively.

It's not a glitch, and the game doesn't think you're a girl. I'm pretty sure female GO players would have the male classes named for their medals too. It's the same for everyone.

Edited on by FriedSquid

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

Don

I keep getting bag is full at poke stops, donI need to throw out items?

Don

crimsontadpoles

@Don Press the Pokeball icon at the bottom of the screen and press "Items" to get to the item menu. It'll say how many items you have and the maximum number you can carry. If you're over the limit, you won't be able to grab items at Pokestops.

You can throw away any items you don't want by pressing the garbage bin icon next to the items in the item menu.

My Anime List
I want you to make contracts with me and become magical girls!

Switch Friend Code: SW-5487-8712-2210 | 3DS Friend Code: 2165-5759-7889 | Nintendo Network ID: crimsontadpoles

Randomname19

Pokèmon go cosplayers:

Avatar by AzulieZeiro and BeanMChocolate

Starz

Love this game it's so addictive just a shame it's a battery drainer. After throwing a razz berry does anyone elses pokeballs go off to the right or left while trying to catch the Pokemon? Mine seem to do that always after a razz berry.

Check out my Super Mario Maker levels https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/ToadLucy

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0577-5238 | Nintendo Network ID: ToadLucy

bezerker99

Starz wrote:

Love this game it's so addictive just a shame it's a battery drainer. After throwing a razz berry does anyone elses pokeballs go off to the right or left while trying to catch the Pokemon? Mine seem to do that always after a razz berry.

Try throwing more curve balls. Seems to me that the higher your Pokemon Trainer level is, the more likely it is to have your Pokeball veer off to the side. I never know when it's going to do this too and it seemed to be doing it a lot. A curve ball should not veer off like that. Once you get the hang of it, you should be able to throw a curveball everytime and collect that extra XP! Good luck!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic