Forums

Topic: Mario Kart Tour

Posts 101 to 120 of 180

Bolt_Strike

Man, slipstream boosts make the rubberbanding sooo much worse in this game. I've been trying Mega Dry Bowser over and over on 150cc, but he keeps slipstreaming up to me and running me over. At this point it just seems to be pure RNG on getting good items to pull ahead of him at the right time.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

DenDen

@Bolt_Strike you like this game?
Even if its one big cash grab

Now playing
Nexomon
Dicey Dungeons
UnderMine
Steamworld Quest

FC - SW 2926-4689-1966

Switch Friend Code: Sw-2926-4689-1966 | My Nintendo: DenDen

Bolt_Strike

There's a lot of stuff in this game that I'd love to see in Mario Kart 9 (obviously not the gacha/microtransaction stuff). R and T variant tracks, an actual in game shop instead of random unlocks based on coin totals (who thought that was a good idea again?), the return of specials and challenges. There's some pretty good ideas here that would make the console games more fun.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Mr_Persona

l kinda wish the game didn't have to keep updating to add more events. After awhile it will take up 2much space, and good thing l have my nintendo account linked to the game so my profile will still be saved when l remove the game if l ever needed2.
but l gotta say this game is toooo easy, some how l always win in first place. Does anyone else thinks the game is2 easy?

Why have a signature

Switch Friend Code: SW-6554-0700-5327

Mr_Persona

@6ch6ris6 imo l say the drifting is stiff in the game and sad news l don't use my tablet to move right and left because moving left to right is soo sharp and out of control. l think it could be my tablet.

Why have a signature

Switch Friend Code: SW-6554-0700-5327

Undead_terror

@Mr_Persona If you constantly win in 150cc, please give me your version of the game. Maybe then I won't be back behind so many bombs, won't have to deal with CPU going through short cuts when the mushroom isn't even behind them, etc etc.

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

Bolt_Strike

Luigi is finally happening! Next tour is the Halloween Tour and a screenshot confirms Luigi will be added.

Bolt_Strike

LaserdiscGal

Bolt_Strike wrote:

Luigi is finally happening! Next tour is the Halloween Tour and a screenshot confirms Luigi will be added.

King Boo as well! I'm curious if he's high end like in the Beta. If not, that means we could get the likes of a Goouigi, or Egad.

...Or just a Metal Luigi. I'm banking on Waluigi to be added as well, dunno if he's high end though.

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

Slapshot

Y'all might have already figured this out, but if you're having a hard time getting those 7,000 point runs for the challenges, try using the 'Toad Circuit T' race in the Toadette Cup. I was able to finally get the challanges completed there yesterday due to the amount of boost pads in that race. Just make sure to keep those combos going or you wont push your score up high enough to complete the challenge.

My friend code is 9470 1104 8252 if y'all want to send an invite my way.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

Bolt_Strike

@Slapshot Sent. My FC is 6305 9944 0923 if anyone wants to add me.

Bolt_Strike

Slapshot

Gotcha added @Bolt_Strike

Oh, and I agree with your above comment about the things you like in Mario Kart Tour that you would like to see added to the next major Mario Kart title. I would indeed like to see the track variations added, as this is a cool feature I've enjoyed in Tour. I would even go so far as to say that I would like to see random track variations - some procedurally generated track mash-ups possibly - though this would probably need to get its own game mode, but I'm okay with that!

1UP_MARIO

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

JamesNighthawk

Hey All. I hope somewhen can enlighten me.... I have this game installed on my iPhone and my iPad. Both on the same iTunes account. Both signed into the same Nintendo account.

I have played between the two fine for two weeks now. Progress syncs fine.

This morning I activated the "gold Pass" trial on my iPad, to get my accumulated goodies. All is fine

I log into my phone this evening and it tells me "you have changed devices, your gold benefits will not apply on this device...." (or something similar to this end)

This seems madness. But, ok...

My question... if I "unlock" a gift parcel on my phone, I thus won't get the "gold" items there and then - will they simply unlock when I next log on with my iPad? This is fine, as I'll just be patient. If I forfeit them entirely, I effectively won't want to play on my iPhone...

Anyone else in a similar situation? Seems madness when so many people have multiple iOS devices...

Thanks in advance

JamesNighthawk

Twitter:

Slapshot

@JamesNighthawk This just doesn't seem right to me as multi device sync is a typical thing today on mobile.

echoplex

Still having fun with this game so far, enjoying my free gold trial.

I haven't figured out the manual drift yet though... I somehow managed to achieve the 10 Ultra mini turbos challenge, but it seemed I could drift over the straight parts of the courses more easily than around curves. I switched back to auto-drift right after getting the badge.

echoplex

Twitter:

Bolt_Strike

Whoever it was that thought it was a good idea to put a Steer Clear of Obstacles mission in Waluigi Pinball deserves 1000 blue shells to the face. This mission requires an absurd amount of timing and precision (which you really don't have much of with this control scheme) to the point where it's a crapshoot whether or not you emerge unscathed.

Bolt_Strike

1UP_MARIO

@Bolt_Strike completely agree. I left that with one star and I was lucky too.

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Ashton

Also the bowser jr. time trial thing is like imposible i tried about 15 time with always 2-5 seconds off on the arrow driving i really dislike using manual drift so cant win with that either where is everyone that beat that level using their mushrooms?

Ashton

Slapshot

@Bolt_Strike Stay to the outside of the track with Manual Drift disabled and you shouldn't have a problem. When you get to the large open pinball table section at the end of the track head to the far right immediately upon entering that open section and there's an outside path that will let you breeze through unscathed.

That reminds me, I really wish you could change the drift option without having to go into the settings! I feel like I'm changing this all the time.

Edited on by Slapshot

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic