Forums

Topic: Illumination Mario Movie

Posts 101 to 120 of 409

Fizza

I am shocked, stunned and flabbergasted to say....that I actually really liked that. Gorgeous animation, interesting enough premise and some absolutely hilarious voices all come together for me to say: this actually ain't that bad. Cannot wait for April now to be honest (which is a sentence I never though I'd say)!

Also, Kamek's voice immediately reminded me of N.Gin from Crash Bandicoot so that also gets a plus in my book.

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Mega Man 11 (Switch)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Snatcher

Jack blacks voice fits boweser soo well! And kemek sounded amazing. I didn’t know how toad would sound, but he sounds great as well. He animation is top notch just as expected.

And Mario, I kinda, gotta hear more, because he sounded different with he vary last line at the end of the trailer, but at the start, he sounded like christ Pratt, but is hat a bad thing?

Even if let’s say, no one likes Christ voice, we still have the rest of the amazing cast, and it’s look so good so far, so, yeah, I’m hyped! And like everyone else, pretty surprised that I feel this way.

Edited on by Snatcher

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

I’m very much alive!

Current obsession: Persona 3 reload.

Fizza

Just went to Twitter to see the reaction afterwards and I don't think even Twitter itself was ready for what was shown.
Untitled
I'm just gonna go out on a limb and say 7,500 views does not equal 15k likes.

StarPoint

I'm really, really glad that Koji Kondo is working with a movie composer. Definitely one of my biggest wishes for this movie was for it to have classic game music.

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC)

jump

Meh, as a proof on concept or a statement of intent I thought it was abit poor. I didn't get a feel of who Mario is, I get to see the grander picture of what the movie is about, it didn't feel lavishly Mario-ish either and I thought it jokes were rubbish. It looks pretty enough although the characters themselves could be better.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Aozz101x

I need to hear more of Mario. but i'm impress with Bowser, Toad, and Kamek so far.
color me impress with the movie. wish the trailer was abit longer though. but i'm excited to see more out of it.

My Top 9 Favorite Games of All time.
1. Judgement
2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
9. James Bond 007 Nightfire

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

Monkeido

Hmm there's definitely something strange about Mario's face.. I really disliked it at first, but the more I look at it, the less I start disliking it. Even looks kinda adorable here:

Untitled

EDIT: Oh and I think Jack Black was fantastic, he really nailed it!

Edited on by Monkeido

Monkeido

Sunsy

Snatcher wrote:

Jack blacks voice fits boweser soo well! And kemek sounded amazing. I didn’t know how toad would sound, but he sounds great as well.

Funny you point out Kemek, because that's how I imagined him sounding, even as a kid playing SNES.

I'm surprised how good this looks, also, I love how Toad is all like "Do not touch that mushroom, you'll die!!!" Super Mario Bros Lost Levels anyone?

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Monkeido

Eel wrote:

Seems to be a prequel of sorts for the series. That’ll be interesting.

It does indeed seem like that. Can already imagine Mario learning to bounce on the mushrooms, instead of this awkward climbing/jumping.

Monkeido

Eel

@Monkeido I think you’re noticing the slight Pratt-ification of his face. They definitely are trying to inject some of the personality from the voice actor into him. As is usual with animated movies.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Fizza

@Monkeido OH MY GOD I JUST REALISED WHAT THAT DESIGN REMINDED ME OF.
Untitled
I THOUGHT IT LOOKED FAMILIAR.

Monkeido

Eel wrote:

@Monkeido I think you’re noticing the slight Pratt-ification of his face. They definitely are trying to inject some of the personality from the voice actor into him. As is usual with animated movies.

That could indeed be it!

Fizza wrote:

@Monkeido OH MY GOD I JUST REALISED WHAT THAT DESIGN REMINDED ME OF.
Untitled
I THOUGHT IT LOOKED FAMILIAR.

Hahah, they definitely look very similar, nice find!

Monkeido

Snatcher

@Sunsy I think he sounds pretty much like I thought he would, toad man, he gonna be a doozy, I’m going to probably love this movie, even if none else does, I will still love it.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

I’m very much alive!

Keveseunie

The animation looks absolutely stunning and you can tell they put a lot of money in it.
But the humour... ugh, it's that typical Illumination humour that almost never works for me.

Yes, Eunie's the boss!

Switch Friend Code: SW-6743-9539-7390

blindsquirrel

@Keveseunie
I didn’t mind the joke where the penguin says you have seen just a fraction of our power. But the rest were bad.

Currently playing: Pokemon Soul Silver, Mario RPG
Enos 1:15

Snatcher

Were there any jokes on there then the penguins in that movie, I mean there’s the, just joke type of jokes, like the loops hiding and what not, I thought it was funny, and I’m not a fan of illumination humor.

I’m very much alive!

blindsquirrel

@Snatcher
There was the one with the toad and the mushroom. That one didn’t land.

Currently playing: Pokemon Soul Silver, Mario RPG
Enos 1:15

Kermit1doesmath

Why do the penguins look like Pablo
Untitled

dysgraphia awareness human

Kermit1doesmath

I thought the trailer was good. It was 100% what I expected... I hope Jerry Seinfeld isn't Wario in the sequel, then everything I've thought of is true.

dysgraphia awareness human

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic