Forums

Topic: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Reboot Camp (Switch) Dec 31, 2022

Posts 1 to 14 of 14

dark_potato

Okay @Tasuki thanks for letting me know. That's a pity, got my hopes up for nothing! 😣

dark_potato

KingMike

January 1 and December 31 dates are almost always placeholders.

KingMike

umbreon_sylveon

I got tired of waiting. Played the OG. Got my fix. Sorry Nintendo, you took too long, now your candy's gone.

Nintendo Fanboy circa 1991

themaskedjackal

The continuous delay of releasing this game is infuriating. I wish they'd just do it. We're long overdue to get a reboot of this series. I decided to start replaying my copy of Dual Strike just to make do for the time being.

themaskedjackal

Magician

Still hoping this is rescheduled for an early 2023 release.

But chances are the release date will remain TBD until Russia ceases their shenanigans.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Kermit1doesmath

@Magician or the game could leak online. I wouldn't put my hopes on that though.

dysgraphia awareness human

steely_pete

The fact that this was delayed in the first place is so damn stupid especially when you consider that this is a cartoon game. The one thing I can recall that was similar to this situation is the ending of MGS2 being changed because of 9/11.

steely_pete

F-ZeroX

There's By Web and mods as well. Had some fun myself with Polytopia.

F-ZeroX

martinskrtel37

steely_pete wrote:

The fact that this was delayed in the first place is so damn stupid especially when you consider that this is a cartoon game. The one thing I can recall that was similar to this situation is the ending of MGS2 being changed because of 9/11.

There are many games that were delayed due to the Russia-Ukraine war, they just aren't well known because the publishers aren't as famous as Nintendo. Also the release of the recent Final Fantasy XVI trailer was supposed to come out in March but was delayed due to fears of backlash.

If Nintendo did put the game out, people could just easily complain about how insensitive they are to put out a "WARS" game in a time of war. In these kinds of situations companies can't win.

Lots of changes were made to games due to 9/11 too, like Deus Ex, GTA 3, Syphon Filter 3.

Edited on by martinskrtel37

Octane wrote:

everyone needs to relax and enjoy the games that are released today and stop worrying what Nintendo will do in a year or two from now.

3DS Friend Code: 0130-1906-5039 | Nintendo Network ID: martinskrtel37

judaspete

@steely_pete There was a game called Propeller Arena that was supposed to come out on Dreamcast like Sept 20th 2001 that was flat out cancelled. Was billed as the Quake 3 Arena of flight games. I was hyped, one of the last few Sega releases for the dying console. Alas, the terrorists won.
Eventually did play it, albeit through methods I probably can't go into here.

judaspete

My Nintendo: judaspete | Nintendo Network ID: judaspete

Sisilly_G

Meanwhile, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II was released without issue.

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

kkslider5552000

Sisilly_G wrote:

Meanwhile, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II was released without issue.

To be fair, I want Nintendo to do nothing like Activision Blizzard so...

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

• Page 1 of 1

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic