Forums

Topic: 2016 Nintendo Directs Discussion - September 1st 3DS Direct Confirmed!

Posts 1,401 to 1,420 of 1,779

Aozz101x

@TheLastLugia: agree

My Top 9 Favorite Games of All time.
1. Judgement
2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
9. James Bond 007 Nightfire

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

WebHead

I think this will be the last direct that uses the old direct format. The new format will debut at e3.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

DjLewe78

HI sorry didn't realise chat was happening here.
I think tomorrow will be big as there's no more...
Smash Bros
splatoon
Zelda TPHD

So starfox and Zelda for me please

1 up !

e-love

where is the rhythm heaven 3ds game ?:~(

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

Grumblevolcano

@DjLewe78: TPHD comes out on Friday so it will definitely appear in the Direct. Also there's the rumours about the Squid Sisters amiibo DLC so really the only definite no appearance is Smash.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

TuVictus

After the 4 minute pokemon direct, I wouldn't be entirely surprised if it was a 15 minute overview of Hyrule Warriors Legends, Starfox, and that japanese game with the hashtag.

TuVictus

iKhan

Well, leaks make predicting this one ridiculously easy.

Here's what we'll see
Wii U
Star Fox Zero Delay
Pokken Tournament
SMT X FE
Project Guard
Twilight Princess HD (It's not officially out yet, Nintendo has had a bad habit lately of advertising games we know everything about during directs)

3DS
Hyrule Warriors Legends (See TPHD note)
Disney Art Academy
Metroid Prime Federation Force
Bravely Second
Code Name: Caviar F
Code Name: Torte City

What we won't see:
Zelda U- Nintendo has kept mum on this, and I think they will continue to do so until E3
Paper Mario U- Because this is a "summer direct", I don't think we'll see this. My guess is that Paper Mario is a fall title that will get announced come E3.
Pokemon- Nintendo likes to keep Pokemon main titles separate.

Nintendo has disappointed me since the E3 Digital Event last year, so I'm keeping my expectations low.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Grumblevolcano

@iKhan: You brought up an important point, this Direct will be the true test of SMD's credibility. If certain things appear or don't appear in this Direct then we can conclude whether these "leaks" are true or not. Say for example, if 2 new retail Wii U games are announced then that already disproves his "only 1 new retail Wii U game" point.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

TuVictus

Same here, @iKhan. Their directs have been nothing interesting for me since before E3 last year. Still though, it'll be interesting to see how they re-reveal Federation Force, and if they made any changes to it last time we saw it. It pretty much has to be in this direct, since it was a Q1 3DS game, I believe

TuVictus

DefHalan

I am surprised they won't be talking about mobile. Miitomo should be coming out this month. Maybe they just don't have much more to say about it or want to save some stuff for the players to discover

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Aozz101x

Happening
Star Fox Zero
Pokken Tournament
Genei Ibun Roku FE
The Legends of Zelda: TP HD (i really hope not.)
Hyrule Warriors: Legends
Dragon Quest 7 and 8 for Nintendo 3DS (isn't that coming out this summer?)
Bravely Second
Amiibo, Indie etc.

Likely
Paper Mario Wii U
Project Guard & Giant Robot (i could not decided if this should be likely or not Happening)
Pikmin 4
The Legends of Zelda Wii U (it was in the November 2015 Direct, after all)

Not Happening
Pokemon Moon and Sun

Hopes and Dream
Animal Crossing U plz :3

My Top 9 Favorite Games of All time.
1. Judgement
2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
9. James Bond 007 Nightfire

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

rjejr

@Grumblevolcano: Hey, how'd we wind up in here?

Good luck w/ Groose. I wasn't a big fan of SS, but considering the over abundance of AC amiibo in Target, Gamestop and Best Buy they might as well give one to Groose as well. Unless they are just goin to make 700Pokemon amiibo. They really do need to announce a new amiibo line Thursday don't they? Or will Bayonetta, Ryu, Cloud and Corin be enough for 1 ND?

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection
The lovers, the dreamers and me

LaserdiscGal

@rjejr Ryu comes out Friday along with Roy.

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

jariw

There's a late-announced online maintenance for Wii U happening tonight. Might point to some downloadable game after the Direct, most likely Mother 3?

jariw

rjejr

@iKhan: "Well, leaks make predicting this one ridiculously easy."

Leaks, and the title of the ND being - "Wii U and N3DS titles planned for launch thru summer 2016".

Not like they just called it "ND 2016" and we could guess about NX and Pokemon S&M.

I do like your lists though, seem pretty spot on.

I do think though they end the ND w/ a new Zelda U trailer. Well they better w/ all the NX rumours and nothing about Zelda still being ON Wii U. It will say "Holiday 2016" at the end. I don't expect a single new game announcement - not Pikmin 4 nor Paper Mario U - but they better show Zelda U.

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection
The lovers, the dreamers and me

Grumblevolcano

@rjejr: Well it doesn't feel right having the Groosenator in Hyrule Warriors but no Groose and it feels even more wrong that the character select screen in Legends just has a blank space in the bottom right corner. I also think the Linkle, WW stories and Great Sea adventure map with be available in the Wii U version at some point but not sure in what way (e.g. DLC, update if you own the 5 character pack, etc.).

As for amiibo, it sure is coming to an end unless a new line is announced. Outside of AC there's just Wolf Link on Friday, Roy/Ryu on 18th March and then Cloud/Corrin/Bayonetta which will almost certainly have release dates tomorrow.

Grumblevolcano

WebHead

Wii U:
-Pokken Tournament launch trailer
-TP HD launch trailer
-Star Fox Zero details
-Mario & Sonic Rio full release date
-SMtxFE NA/EU release window
-Paper Mario U announcement

3DS
-FE Fates EU date
-Bravely Second NA date
-Hyrule Warriors Legends launch trailer
-MP Federation Forces trailer and release date
-Style Savvy 3 localization
-DQ VII and VIII release dates
-Codename Torte City
-Codename N Stars

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

jariw

WebHead wrote:

-TP HD launch trailer

Not with so many TP:HD trailers that Nintendo has published the past weeks.

jariw

cookiex

Likely:

[New info on:]
Twilight Princess HD
Star Fox Zero
Pokkén Tournament
Fire Emblem Fates (in Europe)
Bravely Second (in North America)
Genei Ibun Roku #FE
Dragon Quest VII and VIII
My Nintendo
[New game reveal]
[amiibo news]
[New VC titles]

Maybe

Zelda U
Pikmin 4
Metroid Prime: Federation Force
[Expanded VC roster]

Not likely:

Retro's next project

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.