Forums

Topic: Nintendo Switch Performance Issue When Docked On TV (Summer 2023)

Posts 1 to 9 of 9

GeezyPlays

Recently bought a Hisense Roku TV and I just started playing my switch on it because I didn't want to use my PC monitors anymore for it.

So this issue is not only for games but even the general system UI- there's a stutter every 3 seconds and it is VERY noticeable. I can just be scrolling through my switch home screen, looking for a game or in my settings and it'll have that stutter. I tried everything I could think of down to HDMI replacement, changing the res, changing screen size, game mode on the tv, resetting the tv, resetting my switch. I'm out of ideas. It plays fine in handheld mode except for BDSP but its normal, I assume, on handheld mode.

I would just really appreciate any input if anyone has had this issue and fixed it.

GeezyPlays

Cotillion

Sounds like the TV. A quick google search shows lots of results for Hisense Roku TVs having stutter, particularly in game mode.
What I'd do, personally, is rule one of them out completely. I'd take the Switch, dock and your cord and try it on another TV, a friends, family, whatever. If it works fine, it's the TV. You kind of already did this, though, since I assume it worked fine on your PC monitors. If the purchase was recent enough, I'd return and exchange it. If not, deep diving google for a fix for your specific model is your best bet.

Cotillion

GeezyPlays

@Cotillion I was thinking that because a lot of people are saying to try multiple outputs. It was about 2 months ago so no it's not at all recent enough and I also don't have the receipt, so that's out of the question.

If I take it off of game mode, it doesn't have that one second/frame stutter but I get the input lag so I can't win.

I guess I'll just have to deep dive again. it's tiring

GeezyPlays

GeezyPlays

Rambler wrote:

@GeezyPlays
Have you done a factory reset on the TV? This is suggested in this thread.
https://community.roku.com/t5/Discussions/Game-Mode-stutterin...

That the thread is a year old and this is still an issue is a bit concerning.

I saw the thread but i didn't see my tv on there but I'm just assuming now it's any Hisense? I'll try this when i get home though, thank you

P.s. i don't have any lag, it's only the stuttering that i see so far

GeezyPlays

Rambler

@GeezyPlays
Ah sorry, I misread your comment about input lag as just general lag from the TV!

Rambler

GeezyPlays

@Rambler it's fine. It's crazy to me that a year has gone by since the roku dev said he would work on a fix and still nothing. I just reset my tv so ima see if it works now. wish me luck

GeezyPlays

UnplayableWTF

It is now November of 2023. I cannot play any game on the Nintendo Switch using the Hisense TV and it's driving me nuts. Never in my life have I ever had any issues playing a video game on any TV going back to the days of CRTs

If you try to play a game using this TV, you get HORRIBLE input lag. In the picture settings for the TV it gives you an option called "game mode". If that's turned on, it removes the input lag but now the screen freezes/stutters every 5 seconds. Why in the hell is this an issue? I googled this and apparently this was also an issue on other game consoles for the longest time but now that's been fixed but it's still an issue for the Switch and I cannot find a single relevant thread made recently that discusses this issue in regards to the Switch specifically. Is there really no fix to this? I cant afford to get another TV. A

UnplayableWTF

• Page 1 of 1

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic