Forums

Topic: Zelda Timeline

Posts 101 to 120 of 179

kkslider5552000

Minish Cap is some sort of origin story for Vaati, and then much much later some other Link takes the four sword and Vaati's like "I'm baaaaaack". That's pretty much what I always thought at least.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Aviator

PhoenixCake wrote:

Twilight Princess' Link would never fail because nothing would ever give him a challenge. >___>

+1

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

shingi_70

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Minish Cap is some sort of origin story for Vaati, and then much much later some other Link takes the four sword and Vaati's like "I'm baaaaaack". That's pretty much what I always thought at least.

Your right on the money.

So this could be a thread on its own but what are your thoughts for the next zelda.
For sequels we have

After Spirit Tracks (most technological advanced) (steampunk incoma)
After Zelda II
After FSA (lets go too the twilight realm)

Thing is no Sequel can have Ganondorf now letting Anouma and friends chart their own course and create a new villain due to the curse.

As for midquels

we Have

what happens after MM
The Seal War part when Link is dead. (shiek game by Retro or Platinum) (plays like Zelda/Spiderman/bayonetta)
Twilight Princess Sequel
Skyward Sword Sequel (the other demon lords who are among Demise in the intro still are at other parts of the land)

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

shingi_70

KaiserGX wrote:

Four Swords Adventures is the only one where Ganon is alive.

Found the first crack.

Ganondorf is killed in TP so how does he show up in FSA

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

NX01Trekkie1992

shingi_70 wrote:

tendoboy1984 wrote:

Meta-Rift wrote:

This is the only explanation I've seen that makes at least a little sense.

Off-topic: So that's what OoT's Game Over screen looks like.

Four Swords and Four Swords Adventures should be placed to the side next to Minish Cap, since they're more like side-stories. Either that, or have them both take place directly after Minish Cap, but before A Link to the Past. FSA explains how Ganon got his trident, thus becoming permanently sealed in his beast form.

FS and FSA are different links than the Minish Cap. don't let art stye fool you

If you will take Minish Cap to be the the Skyward Sword of the Four Sword.

funny how Fujibayashi's two biggest games have been Origin stories along the same rift.

Tendoboy is right, FSA explains both the return of Ganondorf and how he got his trident, and FS/FSA should be placed directly after Minish Cap (not the same link, but they're right after Minish Cap in the most valid timeline I've seen), they are NOT side stories however, as FSA deliberately and quite sufficiently ties into the main Ganondorf arcs (introducing the second Ganondorf)

NX01Trekkie1992

shingi_70

what 2nd Ganondorf?

WAT!

KaiserGX

shingi_70 wrote:

KaiserGX wrote:

Found the first crack.

Reincarnation, play the game.

The thing though this is the only order the games could go in and make perfect sense without messing up the back stories. FSA was ORIGINALLY going to be a prequel but it's not now. If we did put LttP after it, it doesn't go with the story of him being sealed in the Four Sword.

Having this parallel timeline where Link fails, you can have LttP like a knife trough butter. Also how he was able to get the whole Triforce.

@Shinji Ganondorf is reincarnated and goes after the Trident of Power becoming Ganon and the King of Darkness after crossing the Desert of Doubt.

Edited on by KaiserGX

✉ Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/kaisergx
✉ Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/kaisergx
✉ Twitter: https://twitter.com/kaisergx

Switch Friend Code: SW-3625-8025-1230 | My Nintendo: KaiserGX | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

Chrono_Cross

From trying to understand the "official timeline" to reading everyone's theories, I think that this is the real timeline.

Because nothing we're talking about makes sense.

Edited on by Chrono_Cross

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

NX01Trekkie1992

KaiserGX wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

KaiserGX wrote:

Found the first crack.

Reincarnation, play the game.

The thing though this is the only order the games could go in and make perfect sense without messing up the back stories. FSA was ORIGINALLY going to be a prequel but it's not now. If we did put LttP after it, it doesn't go with the story of him being sealed in the Four Sword.

Having this parallel timeline where Link fails, you can have LttP like a knife trough butter. Also how he was able to get the whole Triforce.

@Shinji Ganondorf is reincarnated and goes after the Trident of Power becoming Ganon and the King of Darkness after crossing the Desert of Doubt.

My theory about FSA preceding LttP is one of two things, either the Four Sword is placed in the dark realm sometime between the games, and thus he breaks out of both at once, or a game that hasn't been made yet takes place between the two where he breaks out and is resealed.

NX01Trekkie1992

Noire

Yasha's timeline is better because it may or may not hinge on a game that hasn't even been made yet!

Lieutenant Commander of the Lesbian Love Brigade
There can only be one, like in that foreign movie where there could only be one, and in the end there is only one dude left, because that was the point.

KaiserGX

The story is no longer that though so it doesn't matter.

There shouldn't even be a Dark Realm. If the Four Sword was placed in the Dark Realm he wouldn't have possession of the Triforce. The way it is now, the back story to LttP is now 100% accurate. (Though the American manual has some mistranslations).

This Timeline is now official, and as it stands does not contradict anything like putting FSA before LttP.

Edited on by KaiserGX

Switch Friend Code: SW-3625-8025-1230 | My Nintendo: KaiserGX | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

NX01Trekkie1992

PhoenixCake wrote:

Yasha's timeline is better because it may or may not hinge on a game that hasn't even been made yet!

better than hinging on something that doesn't even happen in a game that's already made, and honestly, my timeline doesn't NEED another game, it would just clean things up a bit

NX01Trekkie1992

Aviator

Yasha's timeline is better because Miyamoto hasn't said anything.

QUEEN OF SASS

You know
But I'm just like

LordTendoboy

YashaTheSlayer wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

tendoboy1984 wrote:

Meta-Rift wrote:

This is the only explanation I've seen that makes at least a little sense.

Off-topic: So that's what OoT's Game Over screen looks like.

Four Swords and Four Swords Adventures should be placed to the side next to Minish Cap, since they're more like side-stories. Either that, or have them both take place directly after Minish Cap, but before A Link to the Past. FSA explains how Ganon got his trident, thus becoming permanently sealed in his beast form.

FS and FSA are different links than the Minish Cap. don't let art stye fool you

If you will take Minish Cap to be the the Skyward Sword of the Four Sword.

funny how Fujibayashi's two biggest games have been Origin stories along the same rift.

Tendoboy is right, FSA explains both the return of Ganondorf and how he got his trident, and FS/FSA should be placed directly after Minish Cap (not the same link, but they're right after Minish Cap in the most valid timeline I've seen), they are NOT side stories however, as FSA deliberately and quite sufficiently ties into the main Ganondorf arcs (introducing the second Ganondorf)

Ha ha, it's so funny that you agree with me, cause I've never played the Four Swords games, nor Minish Cap. I just guessed that stuff based on what other people were saying.

The only Zelda games I've played:
Ocarina of Time
Twilight Princess
A Link to the Past
Majora's Mask (got to the Stone Tower, then gave up due to frustration and boredom)
Skyward Sword (I'm about 3/4 through the game... I think)
Wind Waker (got to the "find the Triforce pieces" part, then my old GameCube broke)

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
[...

KaiserGX

The evolution of the Zora's doesn't happen in game but they happened. Even if Aounuma had to tell us outside of the game. Basically they are confirming that LttP is an alternate outcome. Instead of us just guessing if it is or not. Which is why we were trying to force LttP in our timeline theories to any place that could fit.

Edited on by KaiserGX

LordTendoboy

I just found this article at GoNintendo regarding the official "Hyrule Historia" book:

Ancient Tales: Skyward Sword → The Minish Cap → Four Swords → Ocarina of Time
Classic Tales: A Link to the Past → Oracles → Link’s Awakening → The Legend of Zelda → The Adventure of Link
Child Tales: Majora’s Mask → Twilight Princess → Four Swords Adventures
Adult Tales: The Wind Waker → Phantom Hourglass → Spirit Tracks

Classic timeline further explained...

Branch 1: Link is defeated by Ganon in OoT.
Branch 2: Link comes back from the future in OoT and tells Zelda what’s going to happen, she sends him away.
Branch 3: There is no longer a hero in the future of OoT since Link was sent back.

After Link dies in Ocarina of Time, Ganon obtains the entire Triforce. The Seven Sages seal away Ganon and the whole Triforce as a last resort, but villains with their eyes on the Triforce make for the Sacred Realm, which eventually turns into the Dark World and is filled with evil power. The Seven Sages then try to seal away the Sacred Realm itself, but end up fighting with monsters. This is the Imprisoning War of A Link to the Past.

So there are now 4 timelines now? And how does Four Swords Adventures take place in the Child timeline after Twilight Princess? FSA is a direct sequel to the original Four Swords...

Edited on by LordTendoboy

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
[...

Aviator

@tendoboy Really...

QUEEN OF SASS

You know
But I'm just like

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.