Forums

Topic: What Game(s) are You Currently Playing?

Posts 121 to 140 of 1,295

RR529

Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water (Steam) - Only have one mission left. Controls are a bit tanky & things can feel a bit cheap in the occasional scenario where you're surrounded by ghosts in a tight space, however the atmosphere is absolutely stellar, the combat is unique (if a tad clunky like everything else), and when it blends together with it's classic adventure game design just right it's a good time.

Alba: a Wildlife Adventure (Steam) - Got this as a kinda counterbalance to Fatal Frame, and it's absolutely charming as heck. No stress, no way to lose, just taking pictures of wildlife & cleaning up a small island town.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

bryce951

I just picked up Castlevania IV & Super Mario All Stars from CEX

for the SNES….

bryce951

faint

Sword Art Online : Hollow Realization (Switch)
Y’s Origins (Switch)
RE Village (Steam)

[email protected]
friend code: 0103-9004-2456

Tyranexx

Pokemon Shield - Finally started this last weekend. Despite some minor complaints, it's been enjoyable so far. I'm currently three badges in and back to exploring the Wild Area. I picked up my last and final Galarian team member this morning (Impidimp). Onto Hammerlocke!

Doki Doki Literature Club (PC) - I'm roughly two hours into this one as of this writing. I intentionally knew almost nothing before diving in, save the fact that this one can supposedly hit one in the feels pretty hard and also comes with a disturbing content warning. So far it seems very much like a dating sim type of setup, but I suspect my opinion will change.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

SViper

Fortnite Battle Royale (mostly PC) - my youngest brother hooked me there.
Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 (PC) Raids and Dragon Balls hunt mostly.
Pokémon Shield - I'm at point to catch Eternatus and wanna do that and Champion battle now before BDSP arrives with Eternatus HP/SPATK/SPD is max stat and DEF/SPDEF is 4th and 5th best stats as well.
Once a day for couple minutes The Battle Cats and Sword Art Online: Integral Factor on my Smartphone.
Pokémon White - hunting good Sandile while naming in Sundile from time to time.
Plan to start Pokémon Sword save for Shiny Zamazenta.
Pokémon Brilliant Diamond - I should start this Friday if my Dual Pack Pre-Order delivery goes well.

Edited on by SViper

http://twitch.tv/TheSViper
https://www.change.org/p/anmtvla-pokemonlatam-español-latino-en-los-juegos-de-pokémon - let's help this petition for Latin American Spanish be add to Pokémon games and with that may increase chance that in future Pokémon games adds more languages. :)

Switch Friend Code: SW-7289-6600-2802 | 3DS Friend Code: 4270-5974-5136 | My Nintendo: SViper | Nintendo Network ID: TheSViper | Twitter:

kkslider5552000

I've been playing Age of Calamity. One of those games I'm not sure entirely how I'll feel about for a while, but that's because Hyrule Warriors was better as a long term, play for a while every day game than on first impressions. The original Hyrule Warriors was ok to pretty good the first few hours and then an essential game for me the more time went.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

I-U

Metroid Prime Hunters - Have been working towards several stat milestones for my Hunter's License through the game's multiplayer modes: 2000 hours total playtime, 25,000 matches won in local and 10,000 match win streak. I've been making the progress against two, 2-star bots on either Combat Hall or Ice Hive, cycling through the roster occasionally, and usually choosing a different hunter to play as with each battle. This has been my favorite loop in gaming for years and it'll take a fair amount of time to achieve all three of those milestones. 10,000 win streak will be the last goal of the three I hit.

On the adventure mode side, I completed another casual run of the game earlier this week. Casual for me still involves speed run tricks, i.e. first visit Volt Driver, but I'm not concerned or reset happy if I happen to fail them and die. Later today I'm considering doing my first 100% run this year, and would like to work towards hitting a personal best. My current best was hit I believe over 10 years ago, got 1 hour 38 minutes. Knowing what I know now about speed run strats compared to 2011, I definitely think 1 hour 35 minutes is a certainty. It would be crazy though if I were able to get a time at or below 1 hour 30 minutes. That'll be an achievement to take on using my Japan import copy of the game.

Another grind based goal I'm thinking of for myself to go along with the Hunter's License milestone grind, is to do a more casual 100% run with 0 deaths with the goal of eventually hitting 10,000 Hunters and Guardians defeated on the final ending stat screen. I've done 1,000 on a previous 100% file, so I'm wanting to take it to the next level. I'm currently nearing 150,000 total enemies killed within the adventure mode records on my main copy of Hunters, so I'll do this grind on that game. Once I do this or as I do this grind, 200,000 total enemies killed could be the next goal or be achieved.

Metroid Dread - I'm trying to fill out the entirety of the map that I've got access to before the final boss, and taking in all the background details that catch my eye along the way. 233 media taken, mostly photos, on my Switch and that'll continue to climb for this game. The Ferenia region, which I'm nearly done with, in particular reminds me of the major settings of Metroid Prime Hunters with how detailed and eye catching it is. The Mawkin tribe, if not already, is quickly becoming my second favorite civilization/culture in Metroid behind the Alimbics. Once I've got the map filled out on my 100% file, I'll take screenshots of the completed regions and then begin working towards speeding through the game for its best endings.

Pokemon White 2 - Either just below or at 75 hours and have yet to actually start the adventure. I'm soft resetting for a shiny Oshawott and currently at 4,031 resets. Some days I can tolerate this shiny hunt more so than others. I would say I'm tolerating it again right now as I'm so close to half odds. As tedious as this can be, I do know that once I begin the adventure with a shiny Oshawott, having my first member of a dream team of shinies, Pokemon White 2 will become much more enjoyable and climb towards being a favorite of mine in the series.

Other Games - Beat Super Metroid for the first time last weekend since playing Dread, still great but not as pick up and play as I felt it would be/remember. Dread may just be better. I haven't begun a new run in Other M yet, first in over 5 years at least, but would like to do so soon. When the tedium of the White 2 Oshawott hunt has gotten to me, I've gone to double grass hunting in Pokemon Black. I would be very happy with a shiny Druddigon or Bisharp next. I want to return to Ring Fit Adventure again soon, but not this weekend as I've been feeling sore from the Black Friday shifts. ARMS as well is another motion game I'm having an urge to get back into. It's getting colder so it's time to get back to gaming that warms me up.

"The secret to ultimate power lies in the Alimbic Cluster."

Tyranexx

Pokemon Shield - I just reached the end credits yesterday evening and started working my way through the post-game content. As I have the cartridge with the DLC, I still need to get to both the Isle of Armor and the Crown Tundra as well. Still some minor complaints, but I'm enjoying this entry quite a lot. I'm definitely far from finished!

Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask - Moved onto Chapter 3 at the end of my last session; I'm about six hours in. The narrative is certainly compelling so far, not to mention that we get to see a teenage Hershel Layton. Some of the changes with the move from the DS to the 3DS were initially a little jarring, particularly when it comes to movement and clue finding. I now think I prefer the 3DS aesthetic, especially when running 3D. The puzzles, as usual, are quite fun, if a tad obtuse at times.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

smithterry813

When woke up I was playing poker online. I just decided to lie down in bed for a bit in the morning and play. In the evening I will definitely play Conter Strike. My workday is so stressful that I need a gun. Lol.

smithterry813

Snatcher

Pokemon Pearl, I'm at the final's, Its almost over.

Pokemon unite, Grinding Ranked is just, It sucks.

Soon, Legend of zelda AOC.

Soon maybe, Lego DC SV.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

dmcc0

Just finished Picross S3, so for a change of pace decided to finally dip into my Shmup backlog - Esp Ra. De. Psi seemed as good a place as any to start. I really suck at it, but also loving it at the same time.

dmcc0

Anti-Matter

Skylanders Imaginators PS4

My Universe: School Teacher PS4

Anti-Matter

Kayvoo

@dmcc0
Me too! Filling out Esper's rooms for the guys. I sucked at first, keep at it, you'll get better! Absolutely love it, so much to learn, including the Japanese language.

My Heroes:
Frank Zappa
Bill Hicks
Satoru Iwata

Nintendo Network ID: Kayvoo

dmcc0

@Kayvoo Only been playing the last couple of evenings, and already pretty close to doing the first stage in 1 credit so I'm obviously learning the patterns without even realising. I did try the easy Arcade mode just to compare and I actually completed it using 3 or 4 credits (mostly on the final stage), but it's a totally different experience compared to the regular arcade mode.

dmcc0

Anti-Matter

Dance Dance Revolution SuperNOVA 2 USA PS2
Untitled

Anti-Matter

Blooper987

I finally purchased Slay The Spire, I normally don’t like card games like it so I wasn’t expecting to like it but dang was I wrong. The game is so much fun!!! I see why everyone says it’s so good all the time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

NintendoPete

Resident Evil 6 - finished the Leon campaign and am at the final chapter of Chris's.

NintendoPete

Tyranexx

Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask - Just about to start Chapter 7. The transition from DS to 3DS has been an interesting one and is, overall, to the series's benefit, though I do admit it was a bit jarring at first. The 3D effect complements the game fairly well, and it certainly adds to some of the puzzles IMO. The plot is an interesting one so far, and I love how the player gets to explore some of Layton's youth. That said, I think I know where the big reveal may be going....

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 - Only about ten hours in as of this writing and am about to rescue Nia; I've just found Dromarch. It's more Xenoblade, which is a good thing, but I won't lie: this game seems more...anime-ish?...compared to both XCX And XC:DE. I'm picking up combat pretty well, but I admit the tutorials aren't always the most helpful and seem to interrupt the flow of gameplay sometimes. I do love the environments (in docked mode), the soundtrack, like all series games so far, is pure ear candy, and the plot currently has me hooked.

Didn't expect Nopon to be this miserly though.

kkslider5552000

I'm mostly focusing on a mix of Hyrule Warriors Age of Calamity and Neo The World Ends With You to the end the year (with an indie game on the side, because why not?).

Both of them so far are what I wanted, but in a way I can't find quite as compelling as the previous game(so far anyway) because there were specific circumstances that made those previous games so amazing to me. The only difference is that Age of Calamity is probably just objectively better than the original Wii U Hyrule Warriors, whereas I doubt that's as true about TWEWY (depending on your tolerance for out there touch screen controls anyway).

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic