Forums

Topic: What are you listening to right now?

Posts 1,401 to 1,420 of 2,110

OldManHermit

@bimmy-lee @Rambler Yeah, only discovered Husker Du maybe about 6 or 7 years ago, but they've quickly become one of my all time favourite punk bands. Flip Your Wig is my personal fav, but
Zen Arcade and New Day Rising are also excellent. New Day includes pretty much my favourite song of theirs, Celebrated Summer,

I tend to listen to it around this time of year as summer is right around the corner. Awesome you got to see Bob Mould play live! I still need to explore his other stuff.

OldManHermit

bimmy-lee

Aurita Castillo

@OldManHermit @Rambler - Really appreciate the info, I’ll do New Day Rising next. I love when this forum leads me to a new/old band with a nice collection of albums to work through. Rambler, I’ve probably posted here about Liquid Swords before today, it’s just one of those lifetime albums.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

jedgamesguy

@WoomyNNYes Wow, that is something else. I really… really need to try that. Something about that heavy harp pedal makes me absolutely swoon.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Vortexeo

Currently addicted to the new Lorna Shore 😂

Add me on switch if you like Xenoblade :)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3720-5613-4522

Vortexeo

@WoomyNNYes Yup pretty much lmao! 😂😂😂

Add me on switch if you like Xenoblade :)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3720-5613-4522

Rambler

@Pizzamorg
They sound really interesting, will check them out tomorrow

@WoomyNNYes
If you are into that sort of stuff, check out Jessica Rylan. Her website has not been updated in about 10 years, but she designs and plays her own synths and effects pedals (under her own name and as Can't). It a mix of noise, power electronics, and free vocalisation. Only seen her the once when she was on a bill with Purient when he was still doing his power violence noise stuff.

Key Cutter by Vampire Can't (Jessica Rylan and the mighty Chris Corsano, plus Bill Nace) doing free rock / noise / improv is worth checking out.

Rambler

cordova94

@Magician, I can't see any of these YouTube links......must be a regional block, boo.

(seriously? 939 games? whoa)

I've been listening to Yungblud a lot lately, I think he's got a lot of talent and potential. His new album drops soon I think.

Currently Playing: Pokemon Sword, Disney Dreamlight Valley
Friend Code: SW-5717-7937-5089

cordova94

@Magician I'm with you......my collection is not so impressive but gaming seems to be my middle-aged indulgence as well......I think the control on my collection is mostly that I'm not that good at video games so while they are fun, they take me a looong time to play through in most cases. But that's ok......more play for my $$!

Now washi tape however.......I think I've surpassed 4000 rolls......I should probably chill at some point....

Currently Playing: Pokemon Sword, Disney Dreamlight Valley
Friend Code: SW-5717-7937-5089

Fizza

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Extreme-G (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Rambler

New Shiva Feshareki - Turning World

Stuff from the BBC Proms. Compositions for Orchestra, turntables, and samplers.

The first piece sounds like a dub Ligeti, but the main section is a piece written by Daphne Oram when she was 23, and sounds like it was from yesterday.

Rambler

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic