Forums

Topic: What are you listening to right now?

Posts 1,381 to 1,400 of 2,097

StarPoint

More Mario Galaxy goodness

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Persona 5 Royal (PC)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC)

WoomyNNYes

Hate it when Shazam can't tell you what a song is. This mix is nine years old, and shazam still can't tell me what this song is. Pasted the video to play at the timestamp of the song. I'm assuming that rascal, Dan Whitford, layered two songs here. He's such a trickster.

Also, below, at 0:28, it's pretty funny to see the mobile phones (with curly cords! LOL) and... AND Mike Tyson!

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

WoomyNNYes

@Magician Ahh, that late 90's video chrome 😁 (Pdiddy era) (pardon the Puffy reference, but it reminds me of his videos that were popular at the time.)

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

jedgamesguy

Has anyone heard anything from The Avalanches? They’re an Australian electronic duo that make their songs from samples. I’m utterly infatuated with their third album; We Will Always Love You. They have some decent guest vocalists on it, like MGMT, Leon Bridges, Rivers Cuomo, Mick Jones, Kurt Vile, and more. I hadn’t heard of most of them before, but they’re very good. Here’s some of the best ones.

Edited on by jedgamesguy

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114 | My Nintendo: TheJGG

Kenchi

Urge Overkill.

Switch Friend Code: 6267 6151 9714
3DS Friend Code: 3625-7861-0439
NNID: Kenchi9
ACNL town: Zenn La

OldManHermit

Husker Du, Flip Your Wig on vinyl. Love this record.

OldManHermit

Okami1

Untitled
I seriously am rn

Edited on by Okami1

dysgraphia awareness human

Barbiegurl777

@Kermit1

👍 I use that one on my playlist to exercise to lol~ 🤣

Edited on by Barbiegurl777

The Beatitudes: Matthew 5:1-12

Switch Friend Code: SW-4995-4179-4294 | Nintendo Network ID: Barbiegurl777

bimmy-lee

Liquid Swords by GZA. This one pretty much lives in my car and the carousel in my home stereo. So many great tracks. I think this album has the best kung fu movie samples of anything under the Wu Tang umbrella, as well as some of their finest performances.

@OldManHermit - I’ve never really known much about those fellas other than a few tunes, and I’ve always known Zen Arcade is acclaimed, but I had a chance to listen to Flip Your Wig, and it’s really good. It could have easily released a decade later in the mid 90s in the midst of the alternative wave. Good stuff, I should look into them more because it seems they were highly influential.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

Rambler

@bimmy-lee, @OldManHermit
Liquid Swords is one of the greatest for me. Releasing that, Cuban Lynx, and 36 Chambers in such a small timeframe is incredible.

Husker Du are one of my favourite bands I think New Day Rising is my fave record by them, but I also love Everything Falls Apart and Metal Circus as well. It's that collision of hardcore punk and noise rock with a tinge of psychedelia (Zen Arcade and Land Speed Record are great as well)

The later albums I'm a bit ambivalent about. Flip Your Wig is great, but the production on the version have is really thin (don't think they were remastered for tape or CD), and, for me, Candy Apple Grey and Warehouse have good songs, put too much filler.

Sugar - Bob Mould's second band - was the first gig I attended, and also one of the loudest! But not as loud as SunnO))) and nowhere near as loud as My Bloody Valentine!

Rambler

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic