Forums

Topic: What are you listening to right now?

Posts 121 to 140 of 2,108

bimmy-lee

@roy130390 - I’d probably pass out if Eddie and Pearl Jam had one last album in them akin to Ten. It’ll probably never happen, but I sure wish it would. It just doesn’t seem to be in their vision any more. A modern classic for sure though, even if it was their only pure grunge/rock album.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

SKTTR

Today is marking the 10th Anniversary of BURIAL's album UNTRUE.

So I'm listening to this a lot, again.

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

bimmy-lee

@skywake - Cool, super rare drummer/lead singer. Looks like he’s playing a double kit too. Talented guy.

limby-bee was a jerk.

GrailUK

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

GrailUK

@MegaTen Now you mentioned it, it does jog my memory lol.

Octane

Can't beat this;

Untitled

/thread

Octane

bimmy-lee

@Octane - I just don’t have much experience with Dire Straits. I know a couple of their radio singles, but that’s about it. I vow to listen to the albums you’ve posted here, and broaden my horizons.

limby-bee was a jerk.

Octane

@bimmy-lee The great thing about Dire Straits is that they're easy to listen too. Perfect background music. Their last album is my least favourite, but it's also the least ''Dire Straits'' out of all of them. They've only made six albums, and I think their first five are the better ones. Love over Gold is kinda special in that it's 40+ minutes long, but only features five songs, I can appreciate that, but I prefer their first three albums the most.

Octane

bimmy-lee

@skywake - We’ll, I’ve listened to that Leadbelly/RamJam cover about five times today. Totally forgot about that tune, but it was on the radio in the US when it came out; and I loved it. I thought there was something familiar about Spiderbait from the first video you posted, but I didn’t connect the dots. I forgot almost everything I ever knew when I became an old dad. Awesome song, great video. Thanks for clearing some cobwebs. I’m guessing Spiderbait was an influence on my all time favorite local band, Left Lane Cruiser. Plenty of videos on YT if you search them.

limby-bee was a jerk.

BanjoPickles

Once in a great while, I go back to my second love: Dylan. I've been a diehard fan since freshman year of high school (Freewheelin' Bob Dylan was the fifth album I ever bought). This week, I've been obsessively listening to Freewheelin', Blood on the Tracks, Infidels, Modern Times, Time Out of Mind, and Street Legal. There are a few albums that I wish that I still owned. Right now, I'm listening to Bringing It All Back Home.

BanjoPickles

bimmy-lee

@subpopz - I don’t have any Iron Maiden vinyl, but they and Misfits repros are right at the top of my buy them when I see them list. Metal sounds so good on a decent home stereo. Amazing that our sound delivery medium peaked so early with vinyl, and we’ve done nothing but go backwards since; all for the sake of portability. I’m happy to have CDs in my vehicles, as well as the ability to cast via bluetooth, but when I love an album; it goes on my vinyl list for sure. Hope you’re enjoying the album.

Edited on by bimmy-lee

limby-bee was a jerk.

bimmy-lee

@subpopz - I’m a big mark for 80s metal. It used to scare me when I was a kid, but now it’s almost kind of sweet in its earnestness. Danzig’s lyrics are a perverse riot, and I find some tracks on Static Age to be quite prophetic. Love that guy and his entire catalog.

Vinyl does seem to be much more appreciated these days than in any other time since it (mostly) ceased. Even big chain music stores have record sections now. I have some friends who grumble about it, mainly because they think the price of collecting is going up because of it, but I haven’t found that to be the case at all. Some labels are releasing big, remastered deluxe versions of classic albums, and I find those tend to push the cost of original pressings down. I buy a lot of my vinyl in bulk at auctions, garage sales, junk shops, etc, so I haven’t been hit in the wallet by its growing popularity. I did splurge on a really nice repro of MJ’s Bad for my daughter, but I don’t do a lot of purchasing at chain stores.

limby-bee was a jerk.

iKhan

Been listening to Drowning Pool's first album Sinner , you know, the one with "Bodies" on it. But really, it's pretty good all around. It's like a cross between Disturbed and System of a Down, and I love both bands.

Tear Away is probably my favorite song on the album.

Edited on by iKhan

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

bimmy-lee

Got a full blown surf and bubblegum pop family dance party going on right now anchored by Buddy Holly, The Beach Boys and Dick Dale and the Deltones. Vinyl only. If anyone is in the neighborhood, drop by. It’s a blast, and you’re all invited.

limby-bee was a jerk.

GrailUK

@skywake Is that Kram? (I'm not sure that's his name, but that drummer looks very familiar)

skywake

GrailUK wrote:

@skywake Is that Kram? (I'm not sure that's his name, but that drummer looks very familiar)

How do you know Kram but not recognise that he's from Spiderbait? The two are kinda inseparable.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic