Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 9,321 to 9,340 of 12,088

Snatcher

@Pizzamorg Doesn't argue

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

VoidofLight

NieR Automata isn't really a masterpiece like everyone says. It's a good game, don't get me wrong, and I liked it, but it's not as good as the original game, and the ost lacks in unique boss themes. The final boss doesn't even really get a unique theme, as it just uses the general boss theme that plays through the entirety of the game.

For a game about tragedies, the characters weren't that great either. I couldn't really get myself invested in any of the characters other than 9s, since they all just felt flat in comparison to the characters in Replicant. I guess them being androids fighting machines also didn't help with that either.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Anti-Matter

ACNH is the Best Animal Crossing i have ever played.

Some of Obscure casual games are better than popular GOTY nominee games.

GOTY label from Games Award just useless for me. A game doesn't need GOTY label to be called interesting to play.

Anti-Matter

Snatcher

@Anti-Matter I don't think anyone needs a GOTY label to play a game at all, Because if that was the case People would have played like ten games.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

Snatcher

No matter how Bad a pokemon game may be, It will always be fun, I always make memories with those games..Even tho I have only played two, but even with all the issue I have with sword, I make a bond with my team, And I do actually remember alot of the characters, (Hop is annoying AF tho),

One thing pokemon games will always be good at I think, is showing you a good time, is giving you an Adventure!

Sunsy

@Snatcher This is how I feel about Sonic games. No matter the reception, I'll always have fun with them.

Which leads me to this, in the end the only opinion that should matter when playing a game is your own. As long as you enjoy a game, that's what I feel is most important. Sometimes the lower rated games, unpopular games, or even lesser known game can be a really fun experience.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Snatcher

@Sunsy I 100% agree with you, If you love a game you love it!

ReaperMelia

@Snatcher I agree on this honestly. I've been playing Pokemon games since the original Silver came out, and while there are definitely some I like more than others, I have yet to play a main series entry I didn't enjoy. I won't deny Sword and Shield have problems, but I still had fun with them in the end and I'm very excited for Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl and Legends Arceus. Pokemon's kind of like comfort food for me I guess, it's always been able to help me just relax and enjoy a journey while trying out some new Pokemon.

"Little by little. Each day as it comes. That's how we should live."

Snatcher

@VIIIAxel Which I think they have always been good at, Wile they may cheap out on some areas, Fun, and memorability, is something they seem to get right, every game.

ReaperMelia

@Snatcher This is probably throwing my own unpopular opinion into the ring, but I don't think the issue is the devs cheaping out, it's that The Pokemon Company is rushing them and the dev teams don't have the time to polish the games more. From my understanding, The Pokemon Company manages all of the merchandising for Pokemon (anime, manga, toys, card game, etc.) and keeps a VERY strict schedule to manage it all efficiently. This unfortunately means that Game Freak or Ilca wouldn't be allowed to delay the games no matter how much they want to since it would throw off the rest of the schedule. It's why I think it's a very good thing for the series that Ilca's now developing main series entries alongside Game Freak. I believe Game Freak already had two teams that would alternate releases, and with a third in the mix, that's more time and less pressure for each team to make something that really lives up to the series' reputation. Legends Arceus is already a pretty huge leap for the series, so I do think Game Freak wants to take more risks. It's just tough to do that when you're forced on a rigid schedule of putting out a game each year so TPC can center its whole release schedule around it.

VoidofLight

The only pokemon games I didn't enjoy at all, and legit can't bring myself to play ever again are the gen 7 games, outside of Let's Go. Those games are just horrid, and I can't see how anyone actually likes them.

Snatcher

@VIIIAxel I really do wish they would just take there time, I would wait 2 years or as long as prime if it meant a good game, But legends, Wow that game looks like its going to be SWEET!

@VoidofLight Raises hand Gen7 was my first pokemon game. But I can totally see why you don't like them, It I hadn't played it first it would probably be one of the weakest entry is the series, But even then I would still remember the Adventure. My own opinion tho.

Edited on by Snatcher

VoidofLight

@Snatcher Eh, it's less I don't like them, and more of they're absolute torture to me, and probably the worst games I've had to experience. Not because the games are low quality, but because of how they drag on, and how linear they are as a result. I was pretty much the only person out of my friend group who beat the games not only once, but twice (with Ultra Moon). All the others just gave up, and quit the series entirely, and I nearly quit when I played Ultra Moon, but managed to power through it.

ReaperMelia

@Snatcher The unfortunate issue is that Game Freak can't take their time with the games when The Pokemon Company requires them to pump out one a year. Having a third team in the mix helps lighten the load on Game Freak and gives them more time for polishing and to try bigger ideas, but the core issue comes down to TPC being in charge of everything and not letting the devs slow down and delay the game when it's necessary. I think Legends is proof GF really does want to try bigger things with the series, but they're being held back by TPC.

Snatcher

@VoidofLight Sucks that you Hated it, I 100% see why tho.

@VIIIAxel Legends is definitely proof that they wanted to, and maybe, if the game sells well, we might see a difference in polish, and maybe The pokemon company might actually let them make a game for once. reason why almost any other IP of Nintendo's keeps having good games, They have time!

ReaperMelia

@Snatcher My hope is that having a third team in the mix will still make a huge difference in terms of how much time Game Freak and Ilca have to work on games. If they rotate it so one team puts out a game each year, that's still an extra year of development time for each one, which can make a huge difference. I honestly wouldn't mind if TPC slowed down/loosened up the schedule either honestly, it feels like generations come and go a lot faster these days than they used to. That might just be because I'm older now, though, so time in general just seems to move faster.

Snatcher

@VIIIAxel I definitely see the change after they got a third into the mix, May pokemon 2022 be a good one!

VoidofLight

I just wish the anime and merch didn't make priority for TPC, and they'd actually focus on the games again like in the past. Hopefully them adopting Outsourcing will help with that.

kkslider5552000

I know some people who will voice their unpopular opinions in a way that makes them as agreeable as possible.

It would be a good thing if Game Freak had more time and resources to make their games.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Buizel

@VoidofLight I'm the same - I find Gen VII such a slog to play through, but I'm perfectly happy with Gens VI and VIII, as well as Lets Go, which all seem to get a lot more flak currently.

@VIIIAxel This is the impression that I get as well - Pokemon is a marketing machine, and the games are (unfortunately) only a small part of the bigger picture.

It doesn't help that people seemingly want different things for the series. I'm content with the series as it is, but personally would like to see it go more to its roots (and, while Legends piques my interest, I hope it isn't the focus of the series moving forward). Alternatively, I wouldn't mind some more story-focused spin-offs that ditched the traditional elements (e.g. starters, gyms) a la Pokemon Colosseum (making sure that the story and characters are actually good).

On the other hand, many criticize the series for not evolving enough, with many asking for large 3D open worlds and/or an MMO-type game.

Edited on by Buizel

At least 2'8".

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic